Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #46
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeClone View Post
well its blast off or stall. been doing well, though. as each day passes. no stalls today but nervous moments and some lugging of the engine

i want to be safe, and respect the safety of others. i have not gone to the front of the line at lights on the MC as i would always on my scoots because i am afraid i might not be able to launch quick enough or worse, stall. hope to adgress that tomorrow and some other things, too
Find yourself a big parking lot and play a little this weekend. Relax and don't over think it.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 PM   #47
Other Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
*** but no i am not a squid or reckless ***
Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Maybe not reckless.
Definately a squid. Squids never think they're squids. You sound like a squid

I predict that by the end of 2015 the financial burden associated with an outbreak of speeding awards will force you back onto you scooter. The sportbike will be sold. You will be bitter about LEO's for a few years. Then you will accept that you earned your bikeless circumstances. THEN you will change.

Why not change your squidley trajectory in life now? You can already see it coming: "Well on my way to .. squidliness!" It's your choice, but you're definately sending an "I'm going to make the wrong decision" vibe right now.

December 31, 2015: insurance poor and sportbikeless. Mark it in your calendar. Please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong! Let us know how it turns out.

Squid!

Love,

Other Bob
XOXOXO
Other Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #48
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,702
i am not a squid. but you are most certainly a troll. i am a near 50 year old man, responsible, fully insured, and capable

perhaps you would like to see more of my future for me? or work out my life for me? which is fairly well worked out. but since you seem to be all wise, give it another shot

never assume anything personal about anyone based on message board posts is my suggestion. or just keep trolling away. if you don't mind seeming foolish. i don't mind seeming foolish. apparently i do to some. oh well, i am not

this is supposed to be lighthearted. riding is supposed to be fun, too. so i try to lighten up. not my problem if others cannot. i did not start riding in my mid-forties for the worry of it. and i have too much time to make up for to ever quit or be "sportbikeless"

DudeClone screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 10:25 PM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #49
Other Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
Let me be the first to say that this thread is guaranteed to not end well or go as you thought it would. ***
Quote:
*** you seem to be all wise, give it another shot ***
Retro beat me to it .. in the very first reply. Smart, he is.

Tell us oh wise 50-year-old-and-insurred-non-squid, what kind of responses did you really expect to a thread which has as its primary elements "red FZ6, cop bait, can't use clutch, intentionally speeding"? You are the locus of control for each of those elements. You chose the prototypical squid bike, in a color you perceived in advance to attract heightened LEO attention, which you can't safely control yet but nevertheless take on the road, and which you admit you don't intend to obey the speed limits on. Squidley elective decisions at every opportunity to act otherwise.

Dude .. DudeClone .. an FZ6 does not make you a squid. A red bike does not make you a squid. But your riding conduct on a red FZ6 can get you labeled as one - age, occupation, income, net worth, familial status, and all other factors notwithstanding. Squidley speeds, and squidley lack of familiarity with controls, on the ubiquitous squidley machine of the modern era means you will be perceived as a squid .. whether on an anonymous web forum or behind the anonymity of your helmet on the road.

Your riding decisions are doing us all a great big unrequested favor Mr. Responsible. On one hand you validate the non-riding public's poor perception of sportbike riders. Nice-'n-responsible-like! On the other, you distract LEO's from the rest of us. Thanks!

My prediction remains undisturbed: you will be FZ6-less by December 31, 2015. Perhaps you are wealthy enough to just park it and wait me out to prove me wrong. But with your current attitude your FZ6-riding days are numbered: functionally, that machine and you are already finished. Photograph the odometer and post it today. Do it again at the end of 2015 (if you still have it). The only way you can maintain your currect squid's-eye view and avoid my prediction is to not ride it. The odometer does not lie!

I'll repeat, I WANT to be wrong. The FZ6 is a fantastic machine and I WANT you to enjoy it. But whining here about being victimized by "the man" for things which are yours to control?

Squid move, all the way!

Other Bob

P.S. A scooter? At 50 years of age? DudeClone, turn in your Dude card!

Other Bob screwed with this post 03-07-2014 at 12:30 AM Reason: FZ6, not R6 .. got my 6's mixed!
Other Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:04 AM   #50
Newbedonnie
Banned

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
well i am not sure that is true. and i am not speeding. that is why i say pretty sure i an on my way to a ticket. if i am being noticed when not speeding, what about if i do, a little?

just saying i have been rocketing down the road on my scoots for a few years now and police never even bothered to glance. now i can be sitting at an intersection and police seem to give me an eye or two when passing :(

how might this thread not go well? i am not sure i am expecting anything out of it except some good speeding ticket stories
If you're not speeding then you're worrying about nothing. What's the cop gonna do...give you a ticket for exceeding the color limit?
Newbedonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #51
Newbedonnie
Banned

Quote:
i am not a squid. but you are most certainly a troll. i am a near 50 year old man, responsible, fully insured, and capable

perhaps you would like to see more of my future for me? or work out my life for me? which is fairly well worked out. but since you seem to be all wise, give it another shot

never assume anything personal about anyone based on message board posts is my suggestion. or just keep trolling away. if you don't mind seeming foolish. i don't mind seeming foolish. apparently i do to some. oh well, i am not

this is supposed to be lighthearted. riding is supposed to be fun, too. so i try to lighten up. not my problem if others cannot. i did not start riding in my mid-forties for the worry of it. and i have too much time to make up for to ever quit or be "sportbikeless"
You don't sound like your fifty...you sound like you're about sixteen.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:20 AM   #52
Newbedonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Bob View Post
Retro beat me to it .. in the very first reply. Smart, he is.

Tell us oh wise 50-year-old-and-insurred-non-squid, what kind of responses did you really expect to a thread which has as its primary elements "red FZ6, cop bait, can't use clutch, intentionally speeding"? You are the locus of control for each of those elements. You chose the prototypical squid bike, in a color you perceived in advance to attract heightened LEO attention, which you can't safely control yet but nevertheless take on the road, and which you admit you don't intend to obey the speed limits on. Squidley elective decisions at every opportunity to act otherwise.

Dude .. DudeClone .. an FZ6 does not make you a squid. A red bike does not make you a squid. But your riding conduct on a red FZ6 can get you labeled as one - age, occupation, income, net worth, familial status, and all other factors notwithstanding. Squidley speeds, and squidley lack of familiarity with controls, on the ubiquitous squidley machine of the modern era means you will be perceived as a squid .. whether on an anonymous web forum or behind the anonymity of your helmet on the road.

Your riding decisions are doing us all a great big unrequested favor Mr. Responsible. On one hand you validate the non-riding public's poor perception of sportbike riders. Nice-'n-responsible-like! On the other, you distract LEO's from the rest of us. Thanks!

My prediction remains undisturbed: you will be FZ6-less by December 31, 2015. Perhaps you are wealthy enough to just park it and wait me out to prove me wrong. But with your current attitude your FZ6-riding days are numbered: functionally, that machine and you are already finished. Photograph the odometer and post it today. Do it again at the end of 2015 (if you still have it). The only way you can maintain your currect squid's-eye view and avoid my prediction is to not ride it. The odometer does not lie!

I'll repeat, I WANT to be wrong. The FZ6 is a fantastic machine and I WANT you to enjoy it. But whining here about being victimized by "the man" for things which are yours to control?

Squid move, all the way!

Other Bob

P.S. A scooter? At 50 years of age? DudeClone, turn in your Dude card!
Other Bob, I think you're being overly gracious to DudeClone to think he's going to make it to the end of 2015. That's almost two years away!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #53
chippertheripper
motorcycle junkie

Oddometer: 2,149
Quote:
I always wanted to paint a bike , say black and yellow. Split right down the middle. Black from one side and yellow from the other. Pass a cop too fast , hang a U-turn and ride back past him.
This is brilliant. Let's not overlook that in the midst of all this cunting.
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Life is too short to crash on a bike you don't respect
chippertheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #54
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,988
I plead the 5th.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #55
Krono
Speed Junkie

Oddometer: 193
Come in y parallel Univers, i'ts simple as that : ride responsibly, pay attention for others, consider city and main roads for what they are (no race tracks) ... in short, never feel guilty so no cops in your head, no tickets in your reality.

Works like this for 30 years, but with a lot of fun in the alpine and country roads without a single ticket so far.

L

Krono screwed with this post 03-09-2014 at 09:48 AM
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #56
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,917
Quote:
well its blast off or stall. been doing well, though. as each day passes. no stalls today but nervous moments and some lugging of the engine

i want to be safe, and respect the safety of others. i have not gone to the front of the line at lights on the MC as i would always on my scoots because i am afraid i might not be able to launch quick enough or worse, stall. hope to adgress that tomorrow and some other things, too
Do yourself a favor, take a freaking MSF course fer chrissake!!! It sounds like you need it. You'll learn a lot more than just how to use that clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbedonnie View Post
You don't sound like your fifty...you sound like you're about sixteen.
Yes, that's what I thought too. We will need to see some proof...birth certificate will do.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #57
SloMo228
World Class Cheapass

Oddometer: 1,701
Quote:
There are reckless , inexperienced twats on all types of bikes.
Well, sure. But the vast majority of bikes I see pulled over on the side of the road with flashing lights behind them are sport bikes. They definitely attract more LEO attention, so being a reckless, inexperienced twat on one is even more of a risk to your license and wallet than the same on a different style of bike.
SloMo228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #58
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Bob View Post
Definately a squid. Squids never think they're squids. You sound like a squid
I'm a squid and I know it.

I'm also one of the few assholes that knows he's an asshole. Most of you don't.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #59
sandsman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 508
I have lost track of all the tickets that I have had, I have had hot rods and fast cars and bikes since I was a kid........best thing I can say....is buy the best radar detector that you can afford, it will pay for itself.
I got a real good feeling something bad is about to happen,
sandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #60
Burners
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post

I'm also one of the few assholes that knows he's an asshole. Most of you don't.
Every group has one. If you're standing in a group and can't figure out who it is, I have some bad news for you...
Burners is offline   Reply With Quote