Old 03-09-2014, 04:08 PM   #16
Bultaco206
Back-to-back motos suck

Oddometer: 1,726
Old 03-09-2014, 04:12 PM   #17
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,133
His junk will be part of the tank if the car ahead of him stops.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #18
WRW9751
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 335
Independant Thinker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Did someone say bar risers?

Look how far his junk is from the tank.
I dig a guy that has the STAN syndrome!
(Shit That Ain't Nothin)
WRW9751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #19
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkent02 View Post
His junk will be part of the tank if the car ahead of him stops.
Nah, he can just kick his feet through the bars, swing forward from the grips, and vault over the car.

...and y'all need to quit eyeballin' dude's junk now.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
Nostromdumbass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I agree! It totaly depends on the bike as to how far aft it might be prudent to keep ones jewelry.

Nostromdumbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromdumbass View Post
I agree! It totaly depends on the bike as to how far aft it might be prudent to keep ones jewelry.
'Seems that croc-skin seatcover could be a bit harsh on the underside of the plums.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #22
aterry1067
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Rider View Post
It's not that hard of a question...how far away is your junk from the front of the tank? Did you even read my post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
Not much riding experience, huh? That's ok. Spend some time reading the forum and you'll pick up lots of good tips you can practice to improve your skills. And there's plenty of BS too.

LOL....Awesome. I was going to suggest "not being a dick" to get a serious answer, but it seems my fellow adv posters here have taken care of that. I think "Dirty Bike" is being rather nice.

For me, for LONG distance, then my seat position is always changing, even riding on the pillion seat for a while. And my seat position will always change when road surfaces change. I ride a BMW RT and a DL650, and it's the same for either bike.

Although I rarely find myself with my junk planted against the tank for more than a few seconds. If I am riding in that situation, then I will be hanging off the side soon after. When the riding situation calms down, then I moved to a more relaxed riding position. If you are going to say you are "always" riding 100%, then good for you. Might want to try a track-riding forum, because you ain't riding like that on the street, and you are certainly not riding long distances.
aterry1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:41 PM   #23
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 2,964
Quote:
Sounds retarded, but I always hear about putting bar risers on bikes like an FJR or even fully sit up and beg riding position bikes..?
Yes this does sound retarded..

Oh and I do have an FJR with bar risers. Actually I wish they were another 1/2in higher and an inch closer.

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #24
XtreemLEE
Member #476

Oddometer: 1,919
depends on whether I am "aroused" or not...
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #25
Colorado_Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
Yes this does sound retarded..

Oh and I do have an FJR with bar risers. Actually I wish they were another 1/2in higher and an inch closer.
I wasn't implying putting risers on an FJR was retarded, I was admitting the title of the thread sounds retarded but I still think I asked a valid question.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #26
Dirty bike
EVal Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 752
Quote:
I wasn't implying putting risers on an FJR was retarded, I was admitting the title of the thread sounds retarded but I still think I asked a valid question.
And it's been answered. Most riders have no need to hump the tank for general riding. Real fun on a hot day and partial tank on the FJR too!

What do you ride? I have a feeling the answer to that question will answer a lot of others.
Dirty bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #27
Martacle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-moe View Post
Did someone say bar risers?
I don't think he can physically operate the front brake. Not that it matters to him.
Martacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #28
Colorado_Rider OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty bike View Post
And it's been answered. Most riders have no need to hump the tank for general riding. Real fun on a hot day and partial tank on the FJR too!

What do you ride? I have a feeling the answer to that question will answer a lot of others.
I've had all kinds of bikes, FJR, XX, VFR, mostly sportbikes and I suppose I just got in the habit of riding up front to lessen the reach to the bars. Whether I'm touring or in the canyons I don't really move. Make fun of me all you want, it's just something I've always done. Reading about bar risers for bikes I wouldn't dream of putting them on has got we wondering though. Here's the kicker though, I've always struggled with butt pain.
Colorado_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #29
aterry1067
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 236
Quote:
. Here's the kicker though, I've always struggled with butt pain.
And that's the issue.

The older you get, the more that becomes an issue.

Believe me, I can always be as fast as I once was......once. I can't do it as long as I used to. I, at 41, I have no doubt that I could embarrass most of todays squids, and ALL of todays pussyfied quad riders (I grew up on them). But, as the stats show, I don't have the endurance (theres a pill for that). So..... it is what it is......I am now old. How the fuck did this happen?

That said, in anwer to your quesry, butt pain can be relieved with aftermarket seats, which limits your riding position.........welcome to geriatrics.
aterry1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #30
Martacle
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Interesting that people approach the tank for more aggressive riding, never considered it that way. For me it's the opposite, but I ride sport bikes.

The way the seat is angled it seems more natural and comfortable to be right against the tank, which is how I sit for everyday riding. When I ride aggressively (i.e. at the track) I actually scoot back several inches to make it easier to slide off the seat on either side, as I was taught in track schools.
Martacle is offline   Reply With Quote