Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #16
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Hey the Moose foot pegs that I stole off my KLR fit nice on the Strom,same size mounting as DR650,makes a nice flat grated place for my small feet
I heard those fit and considered going that route! Im going to drop the coin on th PivotPegz after finally having tried them. I spent alot of time riding upright and with still trying to get this Achilles to heal, after 6 months of not riding, I need to spend money that will help it out. I tried to get them yesterday befor work, but AdvDesigns forgot to tell me that they sell quick and I should reserve them. They are now on order and should be in this week!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
I heard those fit and considered going that route! Im going to drop the coin on th PivotPegz after finally having tried them. I spent alot of time riding upright and with still trying to get this Achilles to heal, after 6 months of not riding, I need to spend money that will help it out. I tried to get them yesterday befor work, but AdvDesigns forgot to tell me that they sell quick and I should reserve them. They are now on order and should be in this week!
I'm not sure if Cory was there when you picked your bike up in Redding but his Strom is set up nice and he uses it,I believe he went with pivot pegs,had I not already had the Moose pegs I too would have gone pivot.
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #18
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Quote:
I'm not sure if Cory was there when you picked your bike up in Redding but his Strom is set up nice and he uses it,I believe he went with pivot pegs,had I not already had the Moose pegs I too would have gone pivot.
Cory was there, cool dude! It was his bike that I sat on to check them out. I was a lil worried I was getting caught up in the bling, but my uncle also thouht they were a good idea. Hes been riding street, dirt and hare scramble for 2 millenium and hes a bare bones guy who doesnt do bling. Once he sadi theyd be good, I didnt feel so silly!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #19
8lives
Dharma Bum

Not a bling guy either,but those slippery pegs the bike comes with are just that,slippery,and pivot pegs don't scream"look at me" but will be a grand safety addition to the bike.Funny Im so anti bling I don't even wash the bike,Stroms are made to ride not stare at
Old 03-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #20
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Quote:
Not a bling guy either,but those slippery pegs the bike comes with are just that,slippery,and pivot pegs don't scream"look at me" but will be a grand safety addition to the bike.Funny Im so anti bling I don't even wash the bike,Stroms are made to ride not stare at
Here here!
Whats the scene like up there? Is there a coffee or dinner gathering near you? What town are you in?
My sis lives outside of Cottonwood and the rest (dad, uncle, mom & grandpa) live in Redding. I usually only make it for holidays and 1 late summer trip, but I am going to try and change that this year!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #21
8lives
Dharma Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low594 View Post
Here here!
Whats the scene like up there? Is there a coffee or dinner gathering near you? What town are you in?
My sis lives outside of Cottonwood and the rest (dad, uncle, mom & grandpa) live in Redding. I usually only make it for holidays and 1 late summer trip, but I am going to try and change that this year!
I'm in Redding,I'm gone a lot so I don't get to hookup with locals often enough,at least in my opinion this is a great area to live and play motorcycle,I also have a older plated XT350 and ride a lot at the OHV park behind Shasta Dam.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #22
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Jesse Luggage brackets cam in today and I got them installed afterwork! I did things a lil different and left the Suzuki tailrack off. I'm going to make a better platform and save some serious weight, that rack has got to weigh 5 lbs! Really cleans up the tail end! I will post some pics and weight the factory rack soon!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #23
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Quote:
I'm in Redding,I'm gone a lot so I don't get to hookup with locals often enough,at least in my opinion this is a great area to live and play motorcycle,I also have a older plated XT350 and ride a lot at the OHV park behind Shasta Dam.
Im looking to pick up a plated smallish (150-300cc) trailbike for doing some of the overnight enduro rides up there! My uncle has a nice KDX300 so I need something simple I can leave in his garage. I'll start looking in June when my schedule lightens up a bit.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #24
8lives
Dharma Bum

I took a chance on buying this XT350,but I wanted something cheap,plated,easy to work on,easy to get parts for,a low seat height cause I'm short,and anvil tough this XT is perfect for me and there seems to be plenty of cheap dualsports and green sticker bikes around,the Wee will still do fire roads but the XT will wheelie and stand abuse,lost sight of it in a mud hole yesterday may have to spray it off now.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:29 AM   #25
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

As promised, here's the pics without the factory tailrack!

I've got to stop by a hardware store and get a couple washers and allen button bolts to replace those 2 on top of the rack, otherwise they will chew a whole in my dry duffle!

I'm thinking of making a raised platform from another sheet of aluminum with 4 bolts and 4 1/4" tall large nylon spacers. That should have it near the level of the passenger seat. Then it would be easy to secure my DeWalt topbox, a drybag, firewood or my Kolpin gascan!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:37 AM   #26
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

And a couple side shots after I had de-stickered it!

Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #27
Bigger Al
Still a stupid tire guy

Oddometer: 7,861
Nicely set up!!

It looks like you got that front harness sussed out. That bag is cavernous, and makes a great day pack for hiking once off the bike.

So, when you leave for Ushuaia?

Steve McQueen

Bigger Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigger Al View Post
Nicely set up!!

It looks like you got that front harness sussed out. That bag is cavernous, and makes a great day pack for hiking once off the bike.

So, when you leave for Ushuaia?
Not sure when I will head to Ushuaia, but I leave for Nevada/Utah/Arizona on May3rd!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #29
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Parts have been coming in! I got the necessary hardware to finish off the factory tail rack delete! Yesterday my Madstad bracket met me at home! And today when I got home AdventureTech stuff arrived, footpeg lower kit, fork brace and tankbag wiring! This weekend will be a busy one, with work tomorrow, parts installs and a 120ish mile ride on Sunday

I also broke down and decided I deserved a new set of boots, the Alpinestar Scouts won!
Old 03-22-2014, 01:03 AM   #30
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

The trip in May is fixing up to be a motley bunch.
Possibly a F800GS, R1100GS, '14 BMW S1000R!

This one is my Dad's!

Its a '79 Honda CM400, with a later CB gastank, CB900 wheels/forks, upgraded to 450cc and 6spd gear box. Ducati Monster headlight/mask, KTM handguards, BMW/Krauser Luggage Brackets, Triumph muffler and I cant remember what else!
He's finishing off his 48 state run!