User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 11:58 PM   #91
WetCoastBC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Ahhh Spring

Spring won't be long for you guys on the flats, the crocuses are about done and the daffy-dills are opening here, but once again a nice rainy day on the wet coast, but tomorrow they promise sun and I'll be out and putting on some kilometers with a wide grin...it's on its way!

By the way, went to Bernie's Daytona Party in Vancouver on Sunday, a room full of riders of all stripes, all bikes and all gender at the Shark Club and together we raised over $115,000 for BC Children's Hospital Oncology Ward. It's an annual event for a good cause.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 AM   #92
Big_Dan_G
Untamed existance

Oddometer: 18

Well hopefully the next cold spell won't last to long. It helps stretch out my working season but I've had enough already. Envious of those that got out recently, keep it up.
Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted. - Marilyn Monroe.
Big_Dan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:39 AM   #93
rob1313 OP
Still learning

Oddometer: 4,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoastBC View Post

By the way, went to Bernie's Daytona Party in Vancouver on Sunday, a room full of riders of all stripes, all bikes and all gender at the Shark Club and together we raised over $115,000 for BC Children's Hospital Oncology Ward. It's an annual event for a good cause.
Awesome. We love it when a good cause gets support and we get to ride.

Great to see so many of us are getting out and putting a few early season miles on. I can't see this holing long, I can't remember the last time I was out in March.

Pops, it was fun building up the new bike. Looks like you'll get a lot of great miles out of that one. It's always a joy to set up a new machine.

And for the record, I'm not too fussy on the color of my bikes. All they need to do is start when I hit the magic button, not break down, and keep going forward when wiser heads have already turned back.

I'm still lusting after a tenere, but I think that's still a year out.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #94
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetCoastBC View Post
Spring won't be long for you guys on the flats, the crocuses are about done and the daffy-dills are opening here, but once again a nice rainy day on the wet coast, but tomorrow they promise sun and I'll be out and putting on some kilometers with a wide grin...it's on its way!

Hey, I was there too! Short blondish hair, Victoria Supermoto hoodie, old, lol.
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #95
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 253
Nice to see you chaps getting oot-and-aboot! Start of th season.

Mardaf - that GS is real Purdy. Looks great - congrats again!!

Cowgirl - are you still in Victoria? I moved there in August. Let me know f you want to ride somewhere.

Missing the Smurph village, but hopefully we'll get to see you guys some time this summer... Lots of tent & hammock space. And Boating/prawns.

And beer... Always beer!

Cheers, Des

desmodab screwed with this post 03-17-2014 at 07:38 PM
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:54 PM   #96
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl

Oddometer: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmodab View Post

Cowgirl - are you still in Victoria? I moved there in August. Let me know f you want to ride somewhere.

Cheers, Des
I'm on assignment in Vancouver at the moment but I get over to the Island pretty regularly
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #97
rob1313 OP
Still learning

Even Cindy got out for a quick ride on her 650 today...
Old 03-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #98
SMURPH
Jackass

Oddometer: 387
Nope... won't be too long at all before daily rides and destination trips. Great to hear things are blooming out West. One day i'll live there...

Kudos on raising money for a great cause! Maybe we need to shave Big Dan's head again.

Mmmmmm... prawns and beer and hanging in the trees. Nothing better. Ok and seeing you and the family would be nice too.

Great to hear Cindy got out on her new wheels. Did ya go with her?

Ria said a package was delivered to her work. Yippee! New Heated Grips and the SKENE P3 brake lights that I saw on Desmo's Duc.

So I decided to get to work... and tore the bike apart as per normal. Good chance to check the basics too. Thought about checking the Valves but meh, another time.
Removed the old Symtec grips and wiring.

Trying to fit the Clutch side was a PITA. The knurled grip on the Pro-Taper needed to be filed down.

And the Throttle side needed some trim work with the Dremel.

Very niiiiice...

I like the new design of the grips as well as Version 8 of the controller. No more cold hands...

Tomorrow... SKENE install.

Should probably post all this somewhere else. Sorry for using up a page!
Blog > http://tinyurl.com/lnqkh4j
SMURPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:50 AM   #99
SMURPH
Jackass

K... back on track. More schizo

Stelvio Pass, Italy...

Taking a break after riding into Slovenia...

Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #100
Big_Dan_G
Untamed existance

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMURPH View Post
Kudos on raising money for a great cause! Maybe we need to shave Big Dan's head again.
I don't have the long curly locks anymore. And you'd have to raise more than last time. That last butcher job hurt a little.
Big_Dan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #101
rob1313 OP
Still learning

Yeah, I went along to keep her in line. She was grinning from ear to ear and complained about putting the bike away. It's in the west garage now waiting for me to get some time to pull it apart, wire up her grips, install the hand guards and maybe get around to a couple other things.

I've also got a few other little projects to complete on the new strom move the heated grip controller, fit my tank bag, tighten the chain, and a brake rotor to install on the Honda so itll be ready to sell it to it's new home.. whenever that happens.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #102
doug56
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Nice to see you guys working on your bikes. Due to the construction around the house last year I have a bit of a mud bog around the shed where the bike is stored. So I will have to wait a while before I can take it out. As the weather no longer seems to be cooperating I guess I can wait to get the bike out.

I do have a fair bit of work to do on the bike this year to get it in shape and would like to join in on one of the tech nights/days to get some help doing some of the work.

Things I need done

TB sync. I have the manometer.
I need to check the front break and clutch lines as there seems to be a leak that I cannot find.
I would like to add a 12volt plug for the GPS.
doug56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #103
SMURPH
Jackass

Nice that the bikes are all together now. Lemme know if you need a hand.

Doug - have you ordered a 12 V wiring harness yet? I use gpscity for all that gear.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:52 AM   #104
rob1313 OP
Still learning

We had a clutch leak problem with the bike I bought as well. All I did was pull the slave off, clean it all out and bleed the system. Is the clutch still operating as you'd expect? It was very obvious with this bike

And I second Smurphs suggestion for GPS city. Are you wiring in just a 12V plug or more things besides that? You may find it to your advantage to order the power cable for your GPS and forget the 12V plug. The connection has a habit of rattling with the 12V plugs, if it's dedicated to the GPS anyway, I'd go with the required power cable

rob1313 screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 11:57 AM
rob1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #105
SMURPH
Jackass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1313 View Post
You may find it to your advantage to order the power cable for your GPS and forget the 12V plug. The connection has a habit of rattling with the 12V plugs, if it's dedicated to the GPS anyway, I'd go with the required power cable
Absolutely second this. Only way to go for a gps. With a stock female 12v cigarette-lighter receptacle, I find any plug to just rattle loose without having to wrap the male plug with electrical tape. Oh I could make an analogy but I will refrain.