ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 11:31 AM   #61
RFVC600R
SAND EATER!
 
RFVC600R's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: SAND LAND
Oddometer: 2,237
There was some gangsta black bitches at the credit union that wanted to ride my XL. I said no, "But it's soo big...." I need an open faced helmet as well.
__________________
'83 Honda XL600R 618cc 11:1 Wiseco, XR's Only Exhaust, big tube header, 6 Sigma stage 3 carb mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter Pewterschmidt View Post
He's the XL600 Jesus, his bike dies for our sins.
RFVC600R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:15 PM   #62
PalePhase
Humour Noir
 
PalePhase's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: That's neither here nor there
Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfreely View Post
I'm surprised nobody's brought up Monkey Butt, Helmet Hair, or Bug Teeth.
Are those negatives?

__________________
“Fools learn from experience. I prefer to learn from the experience of others.”― Otto von Bismarck

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:36 PM   #63
orangebear
Beastly Adventurer
 
orangebear's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: dumfrie scotland
Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfreely View Post
I'm surprised nobody's brought up Monkey Butt, Helmet Hair, or Bug Teeth.
I dont get bug in my teeth as i wear a proper helmet and keep my visor closed
__________________
bmw r100gs i ride it all year round
bmw r100/7 x2 sold
road legal stomp pitbike sold
Klr650c the 1 I should not of wasted my money on
Honda xl125rc powered by a cg125 block fun wee bike
orangebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #64
willfreely
Elderly Beligerant
 
willfreely's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Upper Pungo, Va
Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalePhase View Post
Are those negatives?

At the time of acquisition, no. But like Southern Comfort, fat chicks or time shares, the next day takes its toll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebear View Post
I dont get bug in my teeth as i wear a proper helmet and keep my visor closed
Me too, but that's the punchline to the old joke, "How can you tell if a motorcyclist is happy?"
willfreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:05 PM   #65
cldiver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: dartmouth ns
Oddometer: 125
For me this worst aspect of riding bike is the winter wait.
cldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:17 PM   #66
joexr
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: S.E.
Oddometer: 3,773
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cldiver View Post
For me this worst aspect of riding bike is the winter wait.
Wait for what?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #67
Guano11
Half Decaf
 
Guano11's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: One coffee bean, two coffee bean....
Oddometer: 1,189
Riding up to yet another closed forest road access gate.
__________________
Guano11
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
Guano11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #68
trc.rhubarb
Beastly Adventurer
 
trc.rhubarb's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Concord, CA
Oddometer: 1,897
After two weeks on the road doing 600-900 miles a day, at the end of an 18 hour day mostly in the desert, at temps north of 110 at times, rolling in at about 2am...
You stop, realize you can't move anymore and your ass, pants and seat have become welded together.
You must extract yourself but the pain is great... it's 2 am so you don't want to wake the neighbors, or your family.

That to me is the worst part... why? Because it means my trip is over and I have to go to work tomorrow
__________________
2007 BMW GS Adventure
2000 Ducati 900ss
2010 Harley Ultra Limited
1975 BMW R90/6
Follow me here
trc.rhubarb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:26 PM   #69
Rango
Phaneropter
 
Rango's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Kingdom of Belgium
Oddometer: 1,122
Starting an easy five minutes job, encountering the omni-present snag that turns it into a half days workout.
But that doesn't have to read as a bad thing: usually quality time spent together. After the cup 'o tea to swallow the snag.
__________________
Moriunt omnes pauci vivunt
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:53 PM   #70
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer
 
Tinker1980's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Nowhere, OK
Oddometer: 634
Knowing that it is legal to text and drive, but for some reason NOT legal to kick the mirrors off the texter's car.

I'm not so worried that the texter would notice enough to get my plate number, I'm more worried someone ELSE would text the local PD and let them know some asshole on a "Big White Dirt Bike" was kicking cars.
Tinker1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:10 AM   #71
rat110
Has a Zombie House
 
rat110's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Oddometer: 502
It's not the worst thing, but it's a pain in my ass at the moment. That's not being able to ride as I am waiting for parts from Ja-pan.

It's been 2 1/2 bloody weeks. Sheesh.

We have had lovely weather here lately. Brisk in the morning and super sunny in the afternoons. Driving my econobox is really taking it's toll. I'm more stressed, I'm angry, I pace the work place and home more. I'm smoking cigars driving home just to ease the frustration (they have always been a way to force me to relax, think and unwind) of another shitty drive home.

So, the almost worst part about motorcycling is the bikes down time when waiting for parts that cost 3 times more and take up to 3 weeks to deliver coz you live on an island 300,000 kilofuckingmeters from anywhere.
and
__________________
If ever there was a place where mother nature said to man fuck you go away, it'd be Australia. -PachmanP.
rat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:25 AM   #72
cldiver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: dartmouth ns
Oddometer: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by trc.rhubarb View Post
After two weeks on the road doing 600-900 miles a day, at the end of an 18 hour day mostly in the desert, at temps north of 110 at times, rolling in at about 2am...
You stop, realize you can't move anymore and your ass, pants and seat have become welded together.
You must extract yourself but the pain is great... it's 2 am so you don't want to wake the neighbors, or your family.

That to me is the worst part... why? Because it means my trip is over and I have to go to work tomorrow
Best description ever !!! I get that, "it's over", depression everytime I get back from a trip, usually as i hit the traffic into town. Well done.
cldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #73
Tinker1980
Studly Adventurer
 
Tinker1980's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Nowhere, OK
Oddometer: 634
This problem might just apply to certain bikes... But how about losing your tag? I had one vibrate right off a klr (no surprise) and just last night I got home on the DR and had a little sliver of tag-material left under the bolts.
Tinker1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #74
Rango
Phaneropter
 
Rango's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Kingdom of Belgium
Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat110 View Post
It's not the worst thing, but it's a pain in my ass at the moment. That's not being able to ride as I am waiting for parts from Ja-pan.

It's been 2 1/2 bloody weeks. Sheesh.

We have had lovely weather here lately. Brisk in the morning and super sunny in the afternoons. Driving my econobox is really taking it's toll. I'm more stressed, I'm angry, I pace the work place and home more. I'm smoking cigars driving home just to ease the frustration (they have always been a way to force me to relax, think and unwind) of another shitty drive home.

So, the almost worst part about motorcycling is the bikes down time when waiting for parts that cost 3 times more and take up to 3 weeks to deliver coz you live on an island 300,000 kilofuckingmeters from anywhere.
and
That's when bike #2 and bike #3 come in handy.
Been waiting for a petrol tank since september. Just heard it's in, but wrong colour. Shamayee.

Keep on rocking
__________________
Moriunt omnes pauci vivunt
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #75
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please
 
SkiFastBadly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 1,516
Deer
__________________
The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014