Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #16
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,302
Did you do that on purpose to get into said lady's lap?
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
ironarmknives OP
Clint

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
naming bikes? Hedi? That is funny. Like haha funny. Guess calling it gay is no good any more.
my girlfriend in H.S. was named Hedi One HOT german girl…….this bike is is just like her HOT,FAST,DaMB good looking.and kicks my ass any time it wants LOL LOL .,,,,did i say fast………
ironarmknives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:16 PM   #18
bomber1965
Duel

Oddometer: 2,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlecan View Post
The one thing Harley did better.. kickstand lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrboi View Post
I got an aftermarket stand for my scooter. Not only does it not lock, but it has concentric springs to make sure it snaps up as soon as the bike is stood up straight. I wonder if locking stands are legal any more. The danger of driving off with the stand down is more serious than falling over when parked, it seems.

harley stands only lock when the weight of the bike is fully leaned over, once you lift the bike upright the stand is free to retract if it strikes something while moving forward.

bomber1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #19
randyo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,440
if I think there is even any chance of rolling because its a steeper than average parking spot, of if for some reason I have to park facing downhill I have a velcro strap handy to use as a parking brake, when wrapped around the front brake lever and throttle grip
99 SV650
82 XV920R
A man with a gun is a citizen
A man without a gun is a subject
randyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:07 AM   #20
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
Something they teach in msf is to hold the front brake while getting on and off the bike. Also park in gear. Funny story.
bracky72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #21
car94
What's this Box for?

Oddometer: 3,119
At least your are not this guy>
Old 03-20-2014, 04:32 AM   #22
judobiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
I don't even know what to say about that video. How the heck do you tuck the front end going 20 mph in a straight line? At least one of the bystanders saved his fanny pack
"How narrow and difficult the road that leads to life, and few find it" (Matt 7:14)

'05 Bandit 1200, '01 DRZ400, '95DR125, '01 KDX200
judobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:31 AM   #23
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,219
I pity the foo

Quote:
Originally Posted by judobiker View Post
I don't even know what to say about that video. How the heck do you tuck the front end going 20 mph in a straight line? At least one of the bystanders saved his fanny pack
What amazes me is the respect that fool got from everyone.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:02 AM   #24
Telemarktumalo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by scootrboi View Post
What amazes me is the respect that fool got from everyone.
Consider the audience that would bother to watch a Harley parade. Life is short.
Telemarktumalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #25
Reduxalicious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
At least your are not this guy>
HOW THE HELL

No really, someone explain to me HOW THE HELL he ended up going face first at 20? Did he like Grab a fistfull of front brake and lean hard right or something?!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #26
dwestly
Refuses to Grow Up!

Oddometer: 415
Simple. Watch the video carefully. When he first comes into view, he's on the throttle, being Mr. Big Shot. Then he realizes he's got to slow down and grabs a whole bunch of front brake with the front tire slightly turned. Result: Epic Fail...probably an apt description of his life as well.

Makes you want to drop him a line and say "Hey, nutbag, do the words "motorcycle dynamics" mean anything to you?" On the other hand, forget it. Multi-syllabic terminology discussing the physics of friction coefficients exists in a universe of which he's never even dreamed.

dwestly screwed with this post 03-24-2014 at 01:53 PM
dwestly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #27
carlgustav
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
To the OP ... that's not so bad. Some years back I had a Benelli 750 Sei, so I was a bad-ass & I knew it. Pulling away from a friends shop one afternoon, I forgot to put the side stand up (& these did not just pop up). Leaning slightly to the right to pull away, as soon as I straightened her up, bam, the side stand slammed into the concrete & bounced me & the bike into the curb at a bus stop with a bunch of folks waiting for the bus. They were laughing with each other a lot too ... ...

ACE
Old 03-24-2014, 03:54 PM   #28
bracky72
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 856
You can tell when that guy was getting his stuff back that he had been humbled big time. I feel kinda bad for him.
bracky72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #29
tlub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
that helmet really worked, too

I noticed he kept looking at the hand that he wasn't holding his helmet with, as if he had skinned it. Maybe if he had a helmet for both hands he would have been OK.Oh wait, that's what gloves are for! Maybe he could have put gloves on top of his head to match the helmet in his hand. Kinda looked like a darksider, too.
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #30
tlub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
gloves on head- that reminds me of a story

This good friend of mine back in the later 70s and early 80s used to ride his Gold Wing down into Mexico every year. This was back before that became popular. Kind of just post-Jupiter's Travels, or maybe even around the same time is when he started. On one of these trips, when he came out, the bike was surrounded by the usual crowd, except there were a lot of nice looking ladies, kind of over-represented. Well, he let some sit on it, and was playing the cool dude on the big manly machine thing, and finally it was time to leave. He starts the bike on the stand (electric start was new back then), and it just purrs. He gets on the bike, and puts on his helmet, with a quick flourish. Then, the gloves he had stowed inside the helmet flip down in front of his face, with the fingers covering his eyes, and the whole crowd roars with laughter. Being a very jovial guy, he does too, fixes the situation, and waves and rides away, still laughing with them, and at himself.
He told it better than I can, but the image of the gloved fingers drooping in front of his face said it well.
tlub is offline   Reply With Quote