Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
New2Moto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
New small business owned and operated by a fellow Inmate: Frommer's Natural Foods

Hello all!

My name is Matt Frommer, Owner and Operator of Frommer's Natural Foods in Hilton Head, South Carolina. I joined Advrider back in November while researching to purchase my first bike. I got the bike this January and have been absolutely loving riding as well as the community networking and chit chat that goes on in here! I have already met a few inmates to ride with in my area

A little background on my business...

During my senior year at Johnson & Wales Culinary School I started to change my lifestyle into one which focused more on eating natural foods and being more active. When I had trouble finding a trail bar and trail mix that I really liked to take on my activities I decided to start developing my own recipes. After my friends, family, fellow students and professors started asking to buy the items I was making I realized that this is what I wanted to do for a living!

So since late 2012 I have been hand-making Granola Bars, Protein Bars, Trail Mix, Granola, Seasoned Roasted Sunflower Seeds and many other natural items and selling them myself at local farmers markets as well as at some small retail shops and cafes around SC and GA. I also make it an option for my customers to design their own custom trail mixes on our website (and other custom items by request)

After getting my first bike and going on a few dual sport/ adventure type day trips I have noticed that my products are simply great for riding! Especially if you are also trying to eat more naturally as good natural snacks are hard to find at most fuel stops (in my area anyway). Even if you don't care as much about natural, it is made fresh by a fellow inmate, it is mighty good and you can custom design items to your personal tastes! Good nutrition from natural foods leads to good alert energy which can make for a more enjoyable ride (in my limited experience)!

If you are interested you can check out my products and a more detailed 'about us' story on our website: www.FrommersNaturalFoods.com

Shipping is Free on all orders over $50 (in the US) and Inmates can also use this code: 'INMATE10' for 10% off any and all orders, always!

If you would like to try something but would not like to chance a purchase yet we have set up a free sample option. In this option (which had to be $0.01 cause the site would not allow free) you can get small samples of the products you are interested in trying. Please note that you are still responsible for a small shipping fee (usually a usps small flat rate box) Link: http://frommersnaturalfoods.com/prod...26&id=21816236

We are still looking into how to make shipping globally more affordable..

Please let me know if you have questions about anything via PM or by emailing FrommersNaturalFoods@gmail.com (my cell is also listed under the contacts section but I am usually quick to respond to emails)

Since my business is still new and developing and since I am still new to riding I am hoping that y'all can help me to make my products and packaging more rider friendly.

Please post feedback or opinions of the products you see on the site and please let us know what you look for in a riding snack or adventure foods!

Thanks so much for your support! I am so excited to be on 2 wheels and part of a community which is so friendly, diverse and wide spread!!

Be safe out there!

New2Moto screwed with this post 03-18-2014 at 08:06 AM
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
New2Moto OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Update: 3/19/2014 custom premium granola

I have just made 'design your own custom Premium Granola' available on the website http://frommersnaturalfoods.com/products/#!/~/product/category=4775119&id=35116174

Choose your Base Sweetener and up to 5 Additions of nuts, seeds, dried fruit or chocolate items! These will be used in your custom recipe and lightly baked to make a 3 pound bag of Premium Granola!

There is still FREE shipping for all orders over $50

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything!

Thanks!
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote