Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
1190R MSRP in Canada

Hey All,

I finally found a new 1190R, but I am pretty concerned that I'm getting "bent over" the sales counter.
I am wondering if there is an inmate out there that has some magic KTM Canadian MSRP numbers for the 2014 1190R.
There has been next to no $ change hands so It would not be a big deal to walk away, other than I wouldn't get the Awesome 1190R and have to wait another year.
I do not know the break down for the bike, import, setup, but I am going to the shop early next week to find out all of this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I searched the Canada forum for MSRP, Sorry if this is a re-post.
rigwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
edwin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
why do you think you are getting a bum-wrap?
i very much doubt there would be varing prices out there for applicable charges...
hell, i'd even look into this for you but no Ktm dealer near here...sO, that said, call other dealers! ask what ever of them you wish! even call other KTM salesmen in other provinces....
all the best
1974 honda cb 550 (R.i.P. vanessa)
edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #3
Freakhead
Burly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Website

Have you used the MSRP look up on this website:

http://www.bluebooktrader.com/

Shows $18399

Based on the blue book that most dealers utilize. I have found it accurate.

Though the 's' stands for suggested. Dealers can charge what the market will bear.

Basically the differences in the dealers are the setup, admin, paper work and pdi fees. Call dealers within a 500km range to see their cash out the door price. I live in Alberta and bought one of my bikes in BC because the difference was that great.
Freakhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
$18399 is exactly what I paid.

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
PS-RagE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS-RagE View Post
$18399 is exactly what I paid.

Hey PS-R, thanks for that.

I'm calling today, but all in, I'm over 20 large. I think thats a wee bit high.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

yup...

my dealer, $18,400
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigwrecker View Post
Hey PS-R, thanks for that.

I'm calling today, but all in, I'm over 20 large. I think thats a wee bit high.
Yeah, I hit $24k out-the-door. Added a few extra parts

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, I hit $24k out-the-door. Added a few extra parts

LMAO

Skid plate and shorty Wings slip on already coming. I don't really NEED anything else.

Looking at Karoo3 tires but want to burn off the stockers first... after the break in period.
Old 04-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Wicked

I had K3s put on right away. Doesn't sound like the rear is going to last very long though. I'll be changing over to a Dunlop 606/908 combo as soon as my new wheels come in. BD skidplate and pegs should be shipping soon too, I think.

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
I had K3s put on right away. Doesn't sound like the rear is going to last very long though. I'll be changing over to a Dunlop 606/908 combo as soon as my new wheels come in. BD skidplate and pegs should be shipping soon too, I think.

Sounds good...

I'm going to try it mostly stock for this season and see what i can improve on next year. Although I know I want the HDB hand guards. I HATE mirrors, they just piss me off, idk why, I just couldn't be bothered. lol

The only Adventure/enduro bike that I kept them on was the GS. The rest came off

PS-R, Is the K3's rubber compound pretty soft? Is that the reason for the quick wear?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds good...

I'm going to try it mostly stock for this season and see what i can improve on next year. Although I know I want the HDB hand guards. I HATE mirrors, they just piss me off, idk why, I just couldn't be bothered. lol

The only Adventure/enduro bike that I kept them on was the GS. The rest came off

PS-R, Is the K3's rubber compound pretty soft? Is that the reason for the quick wear?

Must be. The tread pattern looks sound:

I put a Kenda Big Block on my 950 one time and burned it off in a single weekend's ride (EOAR 2011). Hopefully, this one will last a little longer than that.

Nothing of mine stays "stock" for long. I've had the dealer add the GPS mount and heated grips, replace the levers, tires and exhaust. Once I finally bring the big fellow home (19 days from now) I'll also be replacing the mirrors (Doubletakes) and foot pegs (Black Dog) and adding handlebar risers (ROX), highway pegs (Adventure Designs), pannier mounts (KTM) and bash plate (Black Dog). I've also got a set of wheels on order from Woody's Wheelworks to mount the Dunlops.

Then it'll be a matter of accumulating scratches and burning fuel!

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #12
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Quote:

I put a Kenda Big Block on my 950 one time and burned it off in a single weekend's ride (EOAR 2011). Hopefully, this one will last a little longer than that.

Nothing of mine stays "stock" for long. I've had the dealer add the GPS mount and heated grips, replace the levers, tires and exhaust. Once I finally bring the big fellow home (19 days from now) I'll also be replacing the mirrors (Doubletakes) and foot pegs (Black Dog) and adding handlebar risers (ROX), highway pegs (Adventure Designs), pannier mounts (KTM) and bash plate (Black Dog). I've also got a set of wheels on order from Woody's Wheelworks to mount the Dunlops.

Good stuff!

thanks man, Sounds like I'm gonna have to rethink my K3 purchase.
I was looking at the KTM powerparts levers, I can't decide between the orange billet aluminum or folding 2 tone B/O.
I have seen a few of the aftermarket pegs. I have heard a few stories that they take getting used to riding with (stopping pant legs catching, near dropping the bike)
Panniers... still undecided about make.
I would also like a second set of rims to just change over tires, I think that is the way to go.
going to see what I can do over the course of the year.

It sounds like you and I will be taking ownership at roughly the same time. I called the stealership in Edmonton on Friday, they told me 2 weeks.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #13
PS-RagE
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Good stuff!

thanks man, Sounds like I'm gonna have to rethink my K3 purchase.
I was looking at the KTM powerparts levers, I can't decide between the orange billet aluminum or folding 2 tone B/O.
I have seen a few of the aftermarket pegs. I have heard a few stories that they take getting used to riding with (stopping pant legs catching, near dropping the bike)
Panniers... still undecided about make.
I would also like a second set of rims to just change over tires, I think that is the way to go.
going to see what I can do over the course of the year.

It sounds like you and I will be taking ownership at roughly the same time. I called the stealership in Edmonton on Friday, they told me 2 weeks.
Not sure the colour, but I got the folding levers.

Yes, you definitely have to be aware of the larger footpegs when your pants are over your boots. I'm not afraid to drop the bike, but I sure-as-shit don't want to do it at a stoplight!

Mine has been sitting in the dealer's showroom since Christmas and ready to go/paid in full since February. Still got tonnes of snow here so have been in no real rush to go get it.

2007 Beta REV3 270
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
Old 04-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
rigwrecker OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Not sure the colour, but I got the folding levers.

Yes, you definitely have to be aware of the larger footpegs when your pants are over your boots. I'm not afraid to drop the bike, but I sure-as-shit don't want to do it at a stoplight!

Mine has been sitting in the dealer's showroom since Christmas and ready to go/paid in full since February. Still got tonnes of snow here so have been in no real rush to go get it.

Good to hear. Might look into the pegs sooner than later.
for $20+K i don't want to drop this thing at all, I think I might be alright with it in a year or so. lol
The roads are G2G here in Alberta, more and more bikes every day. Sold the SE to make room, the KLR need some serious love this year and I'm waiting on the 1190R... Damn this bike can't ship soon enough! I only have another month before I go back to work and then the summer is over for me.

rigwrecker screwed with this post 04-07-2014 at 05:39 PM Reason: can't spell...
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #15
tuxster
n00b

Oddometer: 7
GPS Mount

Quote:

I was looking into GPS mounts and found that Touratech carries one which is fairly big but sturdy and another I think that is made by KTM.
Which one did you order and why you pick it?

Thx
tuxster is offline   Reply With Quote