ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Grundy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Bluhduh Software for activation of 2014 1190r ?

I just got a phone call from my prospective dealer saying that my bike won't be ready for pickup this Saturday due to lack of software to activate the bike to run. It seems like I have heard about this before someplace. My dealer should know better even though they are brand new . Is the software something they can download or do they need a discto do it? Right now , their plan is to have a tech bring it back from training later next week. I have already been waiting since 1/28 for this to happenso what is another week, right?
I am not getting the warm fuzzies right now and have visions of inept techs doing starter durability testing on my new bike. Comments?
Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
StevenD
Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer: 1,111
It's a download that will only be released after a dealer tech has done the training as far as I know..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D802 met Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,983
If your weather is anything like mine, you're not riding anyway. Hang in there!

Who's the new dealer?
Old 03-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
tpaine
ducatimini

Oddometer: 16
Call O'NEILL KTM for software activation

I purchased an 1190 adventure from O'Neill's in Farmington, NY. Phone is 585-924-2554. They have sold three 1190s and have all the training and the computer to complete your download. Of course, they may charge you but maybe your dealer will reimburse you.
tpaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Grundy OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
If your weather is anything like mine, you're not riding anyway. Hang in there!

Who's the new dealer?

Hebelers, near Lockport. They have beena Jap bike and snowmobile dealer for 40 years.

The training for the Tech. makes sense with their story, although they convienently left out their tech wasn't trained yet. I would rather have someone trained then not working on the bike.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
dgjackson40
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundy View Post
Hebelers, near Lockport. They have beena Jap bike and snowmobile dealer for 40 years.

The training for the Tech. makes sense with their story, although they convienently left out their tech wasn't trained yet. I would rather have someone trained then not working on the bike.
Nothing like having your new $20XXX bike being used as a training tool for the technician at this dealership. Are you looking forward to the first dealer servicing after the break in period....
Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #7
Grundy OP
Adventurer

dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgjackson40 View Post
Nothing like having your new $20XXX bike being used as a training tool for the technician at this dealership. Are you looking forward to the first dealer servicing after the break in period....
Mixed emotions relative to any further service from these people. Traditionally, they will only see the bike again for a recall or other warranty work.
Most times I have anyone other than myself working on my stuff I have been disappointed.
Everyone has to learn somehow, hopefully by not making mistakes on my bike.
It has been nearly 2 mths. since I left a deposit and will be 2 months by the time I take delivery , you would think they would have thought about this beforehand. Shame on the dealer and KTM for not being proactive. If I had other options I would have walked
Old 03-20-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,983
Tell them that. Whether it amounts to anything or not, they need to hear it.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Grundy OP
Adventurer

Laugh feeling much better now

Last Sat. we jouneyed to the dealer to see the bike and to talk to the salesperson (Jacque). Jacque was very professional and had done everything I had asked him to do regarding the bike.
he gave me the lowdown on the situation... When Hebeler's took over the KTM line from Williamsville Competiton, the owner was in rapidly declining healthaaand was limited in his ability to assist facillitating the transfer.
Some training had been done by the techs for the dirt line, but none for the street line. Street training is taking place this week. My bike will be flashed the beginning of the next week.
Jacque also commented that he hasn't seen the KTM rep. at the dealership yet. (2 mths).
Overall I am feeling much better about the situation and have confidence a satisfactory outcome is in store.
Hebeler's has a few 1190's yet as well as some 690's , if your interested give Jacque a call, he will take care of you.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #10
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,885
If they have the new KTM Programming box. They can call KTM NA and have them walk through the initialization procedure.

Have them put on snow tires at the same time.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
Grundy OP
Adventurer

snow tires

I know, it's not like I will be riding it too much right away, buts its supposed to warm up next week (50). And I can still sit on it and make motorcycle sounds, install heated grips, Aux. lighting and the top box.

Grundy screwed with this post 03-25-2014 at 03:05 PM Reason: forgot farkle