Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #16
Priese OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
after one week getting sunburned and Relaxing the part was mounted and i met a Group of german bikers at the mechanic who also wanted to head south so i joined them. And after some hours of riding i got the oil/coolant mixture shower again. I am far from being a mechanic so i was lucky to have these guys with me and we had fix it somehow. We cleaned the cooling System with water from the river and reached a place where we could pitch up the tents.

Priese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:51 PM   #17
Priese OP
Adventurer

to be continued...i go to bed now
Old 03-23-2014, 02:49 AM   #18
Priese OP
Adventurer

so the next day continued with the same mess...
After some km i got showered and the hot oil/coolant mix came out like a fountain. Fortunately i got the guys with me and they helped me reaching Cochrane by cleaning the coolant system with water when the temp Screen showed 5/6. We reached Cochrane and we met Ben. During the repairs on the road we found out that the oil cooler was been hit by a big stone and that made all my Problems...not the cylinder head gasket. During the day i tried to get the part from MotoAventura, but they had to order it from Germany,,,another 2 weeks. Yeah we met Ben and Lila, Ben speaks german cause his parents are Germans but moved to Chile when he was a Baby and Lila was origin, they both were doing there honeymoon touring the Careterra. Yeah and Ben said to me that he will check out some things and after 2 phone calls and 20 minutes he said that the oil cooler will be there in 1 week. He has a friend who is working in a BMW Garage and he got the used cooler from an engine in School where yound mehanics can practice. Yeah perfect, and i spent a funny and beautiful week in Cochrane. The german guys went off but we stayed in contact so i met them later again. and after the cooler was mouted we did a test ride and then the enxt day Ben, Lila and i hit the road to Argentina via Paso Roballo, which is pretty remote but sooo nice and like a zoo also...

one of the many stops to clean the coolant System and check the oil

nice place to stop also...this is close to Cochrane

Lago Careterra General

endless gravel to ride

Priese screwed with this post 03-23-2014 at 10:30 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 02:57 AM   #19
Priese OP
Adventurer

was a nice ride...even with this shit Happening ;-)

mounting the parts...

thats the old one

you see the damage on the lower right

and do a test ride...pretty funny. that was from Cochrane to Lago Pueyrredon

Priese screwed with this post 04-02-2014 at 10:43 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 03:00 AM   #20
Priese OP
Adventurer

The next days we left for Paso Roballo

with Ben the incredible hiding Lila :-)

Priese screwed with this post 03-23-2014 at 10:32 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 AM   #21
Priese OP
Adventurer

small chilenian customs outpost...then road in Argentina became pretty sandy and it was less fun to ride than the chilenian side.

Old 03-23-2014, 03:07 AM   #22
Priese OP
Adventurer

later the day we noticed that we wont reach our target so we searched for a good place to pitch up the tents. and found one

the red dot on the lower right is Bens emergency tent ;-)

i didnt sleep more than 2 hours because there was so much wind and the tent was close to be destroyed...but just close

Priese screwed with this post 03-23-2014 at 10:33 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 AM   #23
Priese OP
Adventurer

the next day we went on the 37 to the Ruta 40 and Ben and Lila went north and i went south. Then i made it to Tres Lagos...that was a hard ride because the Ruta 40 is under construction and i had to take the consturction roads with a lot of big stones. After a good night in the Hotel and some looong hot showers i started to El Chalten. On the road i met Peter and he told that the Group of Germans was still waiting in El Chalten for me and then i speeded more. Was pretty windy there with a constant strong wind from the side.
but i made it to El Chalten...

and Fitz Roy came closer...

and closer
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #24
Mcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Looks to be quite an adventure you are having! Glad to hear your bike is fixed and ready for more. The weather seems to be on your side also. Great pic’s and report, thank you. Looking forward to more!
Old 03-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #25
Priese OP
Adventurer

Yeah then i met the guys and after a funny night in the hostel we started the next day to Perito Moreno...that was a good short ride on tarmac ;-)

i love road Pictures ;-)
Bruno and Kirsten were riding on the old Honda Transalp and Andy rode on the `93 Twin with almost 300k km...they both had some Problems with their rear suspensions until Ushuaia. Then my F 800 GS and then Marcs KTM 990
Old 03-23-2014, 03:30 AM   #26
Priese OP
Adventurer

the we reached Perito Moreno Glacier and it was awesome... i think the best Pictures are already done but here are mine ;-)

Priese screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 04:30 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 05:29 AM   #27
Priese OP
Adventurer

Then we started to Torres del Paine

after a good camp and a breakfast

Old 03-23-2014, 05:32 AM   #28
Priese OP
Adventurer

we took some dirt roads to reach the park...

Old 03-23-2014, 05:38 AM   #29
Priese OP
Adventurer

and there it was...after strong winds in the last days the wind became really heavy so that sometimes we were Close to be taken off the road...but just Close ;-)

and after an epic ride there was posing time

Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 AM   #30
Priese OP
Adventurer

Laguna Azul was in my opinion the best part in the National Park. You can camp there for free for one night...thats why the park staff doesnt want you to be there...they told us that there will be nothing but cold showers, nevertheless we went there and there was a Refugio with a guy called Hector and HOT showers...so a very pleasant stay.

Priese screwed with this post 03-23-2014 at 10:36 AM