Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #46
Priese OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
thats my favorite road Food...Sandwiches with lots of mayonaise ;-)

Priese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:30 AM   #47
Priese OP
Adventurer

Old 03-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
Priese OP
Adventurer

yeah and i made some nice pics ;-) always necessary to stop and make Pictures...sometimes when you are in a flow its not easy to stop for one Picture...but back home watching the pics every stop was reasonable ;-)
Old 03-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #49
Priese OP
Adventurer

then i met the other guys in Mendoza wich really is worth a stay...we made a wine tour and had a good time....thats when Andy split and we met him later in Paraguay. We started together further North, they were lazy and just wanted to take it easy. i decided to go the Paso San Francisco and then to San Pedro de Atacama and back to Salta to meet them again. And it was another epic ride on this trip....

thats one of the stops we had to make because Marcs KTM had some Problems with hot fuel and needed some time to cool down frequently....this was the way to Valle de la Luna. Was Close to 40 degrees Celsius

we reached the park and set up for open air Camping...watching a big thunderstorm

pics from Valle de la Luna

Old 03-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #50
Priese OP
Adventurer

After the tour we took the Ruta 40 further North and found this nice road

Old 03-23-2014, 02:13 PM   #51
Priese OP
Adventurer

Later that day i split and raced further North near Tinogasta (or equal) to be close to the Paso for the next day. then i made this incredible ride. you climb up on tarmac til Point of 4700 km then you decrease to 4400 and ride 200 km gravel with strong winds at that altitude. felt like driving on the moon...

Priese screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 04:35 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 02:17 PM   #52
Priese OP
Adventurer

heres the argentinian customs outpost...after that it became steep til the top

i loved These yellow bushes...made it look like a calm yellow ocean

that were the only two cars i saw for the next 3 hours

Old 03-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #53
Priese OP
Adventurer

here are some smartphone pics cause it was to cold/windy to take out the big camera..

that was 500 km without gas pump so i had to refill...at 4400 km altitude...someones here to beat that?
Old 03-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #54
Priese OP
Adventurer

then the decrease began on this nice road..unfortunately i was late and a Little nervous to get to Copaipo before its dark...and then my chain got off the sprockets in an s-turn...in the first second i thought it was broken but after 10 min i got back where it should be and reached Copiapo before darkness

Priese screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 04:36 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 02:39 PM   #55
Priese OP
Adventurer

the next day i drove the desert to San Pedro de Atacama

funny Little town with a lot of backpackers
Old 03-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #56
Priese OP
Adventurer

the i took the paso jama back...since i had the Problems with my chain pretty remote i decided for the tarmac pass to get back to Argentina

also nice...but after Paso San Fransisco i was less impressed

Priese screwed with this post 04-02-2014 at 10:46 AM
Old 03-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #57
Priese OP
Adventurer

then after a rainy ride to Salte to meet Bruno, kirsten and Marc i noticed that the top of the left pannier was missing...Bruno and i tried to find on the near Salta but it was lost.
And the next day i went to a bicicleteria to get my new China chain mounted. Yeah funny small guy who helped me out...but to be honest Bruno was a bigger help at that day...and not only on that day ;-)

We left Salta to take the Ruta 81 to Asuncion/Paraguay. And it was two days of boring riding so i didnt make pics. After a short stay in Asuncion...

who can see the difference between the planned boardwalk and the built boardwalk ,-)
Old 03-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #58
Priese OP
Adventurer

...we met Andy and went on to Foz de Iguazu where we found a recommended small hostel for bikers. It was run by a really nice and friendly guy who was also a biker and didnt run that hostel to make Profit...just to meet and help bikers. And the next day we went to Iguazu Falls and after this Long trip i was again totally impressed...

Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #59
Priese OP
Adventurer

On the way back to Montevideo, it was in Brasil close to Santa Maria (or so) this terrible shit happened

i was naiv and thought it could be repaired somehow but Bruno whiped this dream away saying "Henning i dont think that we will get you away as it seems" yeah i was lucky not to be alone when this mess happened and Bruno and Kirsten went to the next City and got a real Artist. He came with a Transporter and took me and my bike to his Garage and tried to get the bearing out and after some interesting attempts and his friend coming with new bearings my nightmare was wiped away to take a 1000 km Transport to Montevideo...but after three hours (at sat eve) my bike was ready to run again. Garage Giacomini in Santa Maria/Brasil strongly recommended
Old 03-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #60
Priese OP
Adventurer

Mr. Giacomini and his charming Family

and his Garage