Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #286
Haul Ass
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCruiser View Post
Hi,
now I'm in Portland :) Tomorrow I'm riding to Seattle (I'll meet another AdvRider ) and then I'm planing to visit Vancouver (Canada) & Kamloops & Jasper & Calgary & Missoula, MT.

If there are any riders that could help me in these cities that would be GREAT!!

Still watching you. Miss you come back here
Haul Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #287
Import
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Hi Veronica, pm'd you back....see you in kamloops....
Import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #288
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Oddometer: 291
Thumb

Last week was intense. California spoiled me with stunning roads. After Big Sur I thought that nothing will surprise me... and BANG!! I rode Higway 1 from Janner to Mendocino, Ca. Wild beaches, twisty road, fog over the mountains, low traffic… and just me & Bonneville on the road… ‘We’ had to be careful because precipice waited to swallow tourist that stare to long while riding.
And then came time for Oregon. The state in which… rain… makes Oregon green. And it was cloudy, rainy, wet… chilly… I was riding Pacific Coast Highway till Lincoln City where I said good bye to the Pacific Ocean and I went to Portland. City that I barely know but thanks to my Couchsurfing Hosts (Amy & Carl) I tasted it a little bit and discover that many movies were made there like Twilight, Mr Brooks or The Road…
After Portland time came for Seattle and Washington state. With Bonneville we had to face with few storms… I was lucky because I have great Triumph Navigator Jacket which can stand heavy rains and I don’t need to wear rain gear! But Bonneville... that poor guy had to struggle with water by himself… lucky in Seattle we found a shelter in one of the ADVrider members house - Marcin vel. Huzar. Which was full of other ‘bikes’ so Bonneville could complain to other motorcycle where this crazy, blond, Polish chic took him... :P

LadyCruiser screwed with this post 06-21-2014 at 09:12 PM
LadyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #289
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 PM   #290
tonusmaximus
maximus

Oddometer: 441
Many of us in the states envy those that have the time and gumption to do what ur doing. Much respect Weronika. Pokój

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
tonusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #291
Looksgoodinblack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,876
Hey Weronika,

I was following your FB thread and didn't know you were here on ADV. Now I have a lot of reading to do.
Hopefully we can meet when you get back here in NY.

Save travels
Powodzenia

Piotr i Edyta
'04 DL 650, '87 BMW K75 with Hannigan Astro Sports car, '07 X-Challenge

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"
Looksgoodinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:22 PM   #292
LooksGoodInRed
aka TrilobiteMX

Oddometer: 131
Hi Girl! What you're doing is AWESOME and truly inspirational! You make us proud as a women rider and (what matters to me) a polish woman rider who came here from far far away to make your dream come true! Woohoo, hats off! :) As Looksgoodinblack said, please visit us when you back to NY we would love to meet you! I'll PM you our contact and address :)
Ride on! :)

Do zobaczenia! :)

Edyta

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart
LooksGoodInRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #293
hunter151
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Awesome trip and best of luck on the remainder of your journey!

I love the fact that you are doing this on a Bonneville. When doing a trip like this its easy to get sucked into 'practicality' and get on some Vstrom for luggage, or a big comfy sport tourer. But that takes away from the main premise of motorcycling - getting out there and doing what you love. The only way to do what you love on a bike is to get on a bike you have some emotional attachment to, especially if its not the most practical for the job. Not to say that a Bonneville is a bad touring bike - I imagine its quite good for that job. Its just great to see a trip done on a specific motorcycle because that is the motorcycle you love, not because its the 'correct' choice for the type of trip.
hunter151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #294
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Hi Guy's
thank you for so many nice msgs :)

Motorcycle USA published article about my trip. You can find it here... if you want to know a little bit more about me : http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/846/18...onneville.aspx
Old 06-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #295
Toadride
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
"Hey, it's the Polish Girl." I think that's what I blurted out when I walked up to you for that brief chat stopped on the Duffy Lake Road. Wish we could have had more time to talk.
Your pics are amazing. Keep em coming. My trip has been cut short and I am headed back home. So, if you drop down towards the Nelson area and need a couch, there's one at my place for ya. Good luck and drive safe.
Toad.
Old 06-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #296
longrides1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Awesome adventure good to see a women doing this alone, maybe it will inspire more women to become riders.

I got my wife into riding a couple years ago and she loves it.

Ride safe Weronika and keep the rubber side down.
Ride Report
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1004437
longrides1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #297
ldodds
n00b

Oddometer: 6
WOW! Weronika you are amazing and so inspiring. I just want to get out and ride now. Best of luck on your trip and cant wait to read more.
ldodds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:19 PM   #298
Import
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadride View Post
"Hey, it's the Polish Girl." I think that's what I blurted out when I walked up to you for that brief chat stopped on the Duffy Lake Road. Wish we could have had more time to talk.
Your pics are amazing. Keep em coming. My trip has been cut short and I am headed back home. So, if you drop down towards the Nelson area and need a couch, there's one at my place for ya. Good luck and drive safe.
Toad.
Hi toad ride,
Veronica told me that when she came to me in kamloops...she's a cool kid...hope to meet her again some day...
Import is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #299
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Eh?

Seattle

Old 06-22-2014, 08:03 PM   #300
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Laugh

06/19/2014

"Welcome in Canada!" That’s what I heard from Publican at the Canadian border. Now I realize how many kilometers I already rode,… that slowly I’m coming back “home” with Bonneville... to New York. But before I’ll again see the Statue of Liberty... I’ll ride via lots of interesting routes if only the weather allows me. Last time when I checked the weather it turned out that it's snowing in Montana... and I'm not going to fix ski on Bonneville...
But I have to share with you with something else... on every mile I deal with amazing hospitality! And so it is in Vancouver! I was greeted with “Makowiec” (polish cake) and “Barszcz” (a traditional polish soup)... yes, yes!! Katarina, who took me under her roof wanted to greet me in a exceptionally way that I would fell like at home for a moment. I must admit that she succeeded.
And so we spent the last two days speaking in English, Slovak and Polish and creating here in the far, far away land a piece of our Slavic land.