Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 10:04 AM   #316
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Oddometer: 291
latest news from road: www.facebook.com/RidingAcrossAmerica

07/01/2014
I’m sorry that I didn’t write for few days. I left Montana with Mr. Cold. Sneezing in helmet isn’t the cutest thing in the world… Everything because of the storm that caught me near the Helena, MO. There was no place to hide… and after that came.. this bloody cold wind… I was in the fridge. Fortunately I’ve met on my on my route wonderful people Craig & Lori from Bozeman who take care of me and let me stay one more night to recover a little bit.
The road through Gallatin National Forest was beautiful. Yellowstone didn’t impress me so much but the view of Grand Teton did. I was surprised how interesting was Wyoming state… till I passed Riverton and the flat, windy land came. For sure #Bonneville was asking himself didn’t I mistake riding on motorcycle with kitesurfing?!?… Oooo it was hard to ride… it was hard… and when I was coming closer to Devils Tower the wind was stronger… Now I know why they call it “devils tower”…

LadyCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #317
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Thumb

On Triumph Bonneville odometer appear 10 000 miles!!! Thanks to You Guys I'll make "few" more miles than I assumed at the beginning I'm glad that you shared Your's tips with me. Thanks to You I saw many stunning routes and views!! p.s. and this is my recent map of Riding Across America adventure

I'm in Chicago!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:37 PM   #318
Mcreviver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Chicago Fireworks

Uh, hope you realized not all the fireworks you heard this weekend were fireworks.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...707-story.html

Please tell us you've left that area for better pastures.
Mcreviver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #319
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Laugh

latest news from road: www.facebook.com/RidingAcrossAmerica

Happy 4th of July!!

Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #320
Swindellbird
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Awesome ride so far. Let me know if you need a place to stay in Dallas. James
Swindellbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 AM   #321
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Laugh

Fort Wayne, IN

Old 07-14-2014, 07:40 AM   #322
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Thumb

After 10 000 miles together… I should write something about my friend. YES Friend!! Mr. #Triumph #Bonneville. At the beginning lots of people couldn’t believe that I choose him. But Hey Guys!! I was looking for good Pal with “soul” not a fancy, full of gadgets “STAR TREK” motorcycle!!
We needed just the few miles to get to know each other. Bonneville is easy to handle motorcycle on the parking and on the road. He loves turns. He behaves like an antelope on curved roads compering to big, heavy cows like cruisers or choppers. I really had fun riding Deals Gap and Big Sur on Bonneville.
In parking situation I didn’t have any problems with handling him by myself and I must admit that my luggage weights 30kg (66lb).
Of course with all this bags he lost a little bit of his charm... of a “city boy – café racer style” but he’s still vintage guy. And when I start the engine… on my face you can see smile… because on Triumph you just feel happy! And what’s funny you see smile on the faces of other people - even in Kingdom of Harley!! It’s because when we see Bonneville we move back to the 60’s and we think that in the next corner we will meet Steve McQueen. And that’s the magic of this bike we can feel special; we can join to club of Gerard Butler, Hugh Laurie, Ryan Reynolds or David Beckham.

67HP is enough to ride across the continent and this engine won’t ruin your budget!! My record is 3.6l/100km (65,3mpg)! Isn’t that a scooter result? And the average fuel consumption isn’t far from that
While my trip I didn’t have any problems with Triumph!! He blink to me only once with red light but it was because of a big pothole and I think he wanted to say to me “Hey Girl!! Wake up!! Avoid these bastards!”. While my trip I’ve made only one guaranty service and I changed tires after more than 8 000 miles and… that’s it!!
For me Bonneville is the essence of style, timeless motorcycle that has a soul. I don’t want to beat any record, I want to soak up the world which becomes more clear at lower speeds. I also like minimalism, because nowadays too many gadgets distract our attention from what’s really important. Besides, you can’t buy adventure, you can only experience it – “Ride Your Own Biography”. Of course you won’t fell on this motorcycle like on the couch in your living room but seriously do you expect it from motorbike?!? We love to ride on motorcycle because we can experience world: fell the wind, smell the forest, see the scenic views from the saddle.
And you know what?!? YES, I would love to take Bonneville for a next adventure!!

p.s.
Do you have any suggestion for a next chapter of Riding Across...? Where should Polish Chic ride on Triumph Bonneville? Please leave a comment

regards,
Weronika
Old 07-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #323
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Talking

New York State

Old 07-14-2014, 07:56 AM   #324
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Cape Cod

Old 07-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #325
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Laugh

Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #326
LadyCruiser OP
www.ridingacross.com

Today I'll jump on Bonneville for the last time... I don't know how I'll stand separation... I'll miss every mile... every corner... every experience... Triumph thanks for a great Riding Across America adventure!!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM   #327
doc4216
Chronic High Fiver

Oddometer: 384
Great report! Looks like you had a blast! There many places left to be seen over here. Come on back!
Old 07-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #328
DaLunk
Confused and Bemused

Oddometer: 629
I'm a little sad to know that this journey is done and I am very happy that your experience was a good one without major problems or incidents. I can't wait to find out what your next adventure will be. Please keep us posted when you decide.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #329
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Cry you missed Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCruiser View Post
On Triumph Bonneville odometer appear 10 000 miles!!! Thanks to You Guys I'll make "few" more miles than I assumed at the beginning I'm glad that you shared Your's tips with me. Thanks to You I saw many stunning routes and views!! p.s. and this is my recent map of Riding Across America adventure

I'm in Chicago!!!
come back for some of the best roads in America
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #330
kneeslider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
Thumb great report

love all the pics!
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote