Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #31
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,242
Pete!!!!!!!! I had no idea you were coming in so early. Call me as soon as you are in town and we can get together
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #32
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 767
Welllll, got back yesterday from the entry level course in Park County, CO and the two day High Rocky Adventure. What a great time, and what an outstanding learning experience.

For this old guy (65 and a half - and I say that because another student was almost 65 so I was the oldest!) who had done a lot of riding but not much real dirt, it was eye opening. I only fell down twice and learned more than it's possible to put into words. Plus, met a lot of great people. That includes the students and definitely all the staff.

Also learned a great deal of respect for those GS1200s. Holy cow, how do they ride them like that? I was riding my old hoss (a 1997 DR650 which now has 73,612 miles on it) and felt like I was cheating - but it's not the tool, it's the rider. Again hats off to the guys herding those GSs. Oh, yeah, I shouldn't forget the Triumph 955 Tiger rider!

And once more a well done to the staff. Everybody from the Chef to Jim Hyde (who tried to teach me how to use a Montana) was friendly, knowledgeable and just damn good at what they did. I guess I'll be trying the "Next Step" next year.
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #33
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckey View Post
Welllll, got back yesterday from the entry level course in Park County, CO and the two day High Rocky Adventure. What a great time, and what an outstanding learning experience.

For this old guy (65 and a half - and I say that because another student was almost 65 so I was the oldest!) who had done a lot of riding but not much real dirt, it was eye opening. I only fell down twice and learned more than it's possible to put into words. Plus, met a lot of great people. That includes the students and definitely all the staff.

Also learned a great deal of respect for those GS1200s. Holy cow, how do they ride them like that? I was riding my old hoss (a 1997 DR650 which now has 73,612 miles on it) and felt like I was cheating - but it's not the tool, it's the rider. Again hats off to the guys herding those GSs. Oh, yeah, I shouldn't forget the Triumph 955 Tiger rider!

And once more a well done to the staff. Everybody from the Chef to Jim Hyde (who tried to teach me how to use a Montana) was friendly, knowledgeable and just damn good at what they did. I guess I'll be trying the "Next Step" next year.
Awesome Kerry! It was great to meet you and I/we enjoyed having you. What a great weekend and we'll see you next year for the next step!

Cheers

Dusty