Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #31
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,372
Pete!!!!!!!! I had no idea you were coming in so early. Call me as soon as you are in town and we can get together
D-Train is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #32
kbuckey
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 868
Welllll, got back yesterday from the entry level course in Park County, CO and the two day High Rocky Adventure. What a great time, and what an outstanding learning experience.

For this old guy (65 and a half - and I say that because another student was almost 65 so I was the oldest!) who had done a lot of riding but not much real dirt, it was eye opening. I only fell down twice and learned more than it's possible to put into words. Plus, met a lot of great people. That includes the students and definitely all the staff.

Also learned a great deal of respect for those GS1200s. Holy cow, how do they ride them like that? I was riding my old hoss (a 1997 DR650 which now has 73,612 miles on it) and felt like I was cheating - but it's not the tool, it's the rider. Again hats off to the guys herding those GSs. Oh, yeah, I shouldn't forget the Triumph 955 Tiger rider!

And once more a well done to the staff. Everybody from the Chef to Jim Hyde (who tried to teach me how to use a Montana) was friendly, knowledgeable and just damn good at what they did. I guess I'll be trying the "Next Step" next year.
kbuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM   #33
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbuckey View Post
Welllll, got back yesterday from the entry level course in Park County, CO and the two day High Rocky Adventure. What a great time, and what an outstanding learning experience.

For this old guy (65 and a half - and I say that because another student was almost 65 so I was the oldest!) who had done a lot of riding but not much real dirt, it was eye opening. I only fell down twice and learned more than it's possible to put into words. Plus, met a lot of great people. That includes the students and definitely all the staff.

Also learned a great deal of respect for those GS1200s. Holy cow, how do they ride them like that? I was riding my old hoss (a 1997 DR650 which now has 73,612 miles on it) and felt like I was cheating - but it's not the tool, it's the rider. Again hats off to the guys herding those GSs. Oh, yeah, I shouldn't forget the Triumph 955 Tiger rider!

And once more a well done to the staff. Everybody from the Chef to Jim Hyde (who tried to teach me how to use a Montana) was friendly, knowledgeable and just damn good at what they did. I guess I'll be trying the "Next Step" next year.
Awesome Kerry! It was great to meet you and I/we enjoyed having you. What a great weekend and we'll see you next year for the next step!

Cheers

Dusty
Old 02-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #34
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Sitting around in Colorado waiting for a warm enough, dry enough day to get out and ride has a lot of us suffering from cabin fever! While Rawhyde California is in full swing with tours and training, Colorado sits under snow just itching to ride

Going through some of my pics from the summer tours...

Great group below bridal veil falls in Telluride

Cottonwood Pass, the gateway to some great riding in Taylor Park Colorado

The Jersey boys get some Colorado action

Must give credit to these guys as well... the man that makes all this possible Jim Hyde and he world famous Shawn Thomas, Rock On! I also made it out to the California desert

Someone did not want to leave his bike after the trip

Great place to reflect on the ride of life...

Old 02-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #35
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Anybody sick of the cold crappy weather? Want to be spontaneous and do something fun at the last minute? Rawhyde Adventures is doing a Big Bikes in Baja tour and I believe there are some spots left...

http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/baja.html

Let's do this!

Old 02-11-2015, 05:10 AM   #36
WellInsured
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I'm in!

Registered for march 20-24. Cant wait!
WellInsured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #37
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Rawhyde's Arizona Adventure Rally

FYI

Rawhyde will be at the Overland Expo in Arizona May 14th-17th. Come join us for great food, camping, guided tours, rider training and great camaraderie. Details in the link below...hope to see you there!

http://www.rawhyde-offroad.com/azadv.html
Old 04-21-2015, 07:34 PM   #38
TufelHunden
Recovering A-hole

Oddometer: 230
Props to Dusty & Mark!

Hey all! I spent the last week riding in Moab with Dusty and Mark and I just wanted to stop in to let you all know how great they are.
Dusty was a great instructor and led rides all over the place with a group of us ranging from absolute newb to guys with 20 years off road. I gotta say they were both super patient with us all, especially me ;), and really considerate. Both were always making sure everyone made it through the many Moab Mud Pits. I know Moab and mud doesn't compute, right? Yeah it rained for like three freaking days! Anyway besides the fact that things got interesting due to the weather I must note that both guys did all this instructing and leading on their VACATION time. That is dedication and love for fellow motorcyclists! Way to go guys, My respect and thanks for your help picking up the super top heavy Tiger and the great rides! If you are on the fence about getting some training with these guys, get off and pull the trigger on the classes they teach!

Oh, and unlike so many off road riders Dusty is also a very smooth, fast and safe street rider. Good times and great riding.

Semper Fidelis,

Tim
TufelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 AM   #39
D-Train OP
Ridin' Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TufelHunden View Post
Hey all! I spent the last week riding in Moab with Dusty and Mark and I just wanted to stop in to let you all know how great they are.
Dusty was a great instructor and led rides all over the place with a group of us ranging from absolute newb to guys with 20 years off road. I gotta say they were both super patient with us all, especially me ;), and really considerate. Both were always making sure everyone made it through the many Moab Mud Pits. I know Moab and mud doesn't compute, right? Yeah it rained for like three freaking days! Anyway besides the fact that things got interesting due to the weather I must note that both guys did all this instructing and leading on their VACATION time. That is dedication and love for fellow motorcyclists! Way to go guys, My respect and thanks for your help picking up the super top heavy Tiger and the great rides! If you are on the fence about getting some training with these guys, get off and pull the trigger on the classes they teach!

Oh, and unlike so many off road riders Dusty is also a very smooth, fast and safe street rider. Good times and great riding.

Semper Fidelis,

Tim
Thanks for the compliments Tim. Mark and I had a great time at the event. It is always fun to meet and ride with new people. Your crew was a blast to ride and hang out with and very generous sharing food and beer, can't beat that!

We may even get some of your crew up to Hartsel for a full weekend training!