Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #1
Mike Figielski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 465
KTM fuel line quick disconnect questions

Hi Guys,
Mike from Beemerboneyard.com here. As some of you might know we sell a lot of CPC chrome plated brass fuel line quick disconnect fitting kits to replace the crappy, crack prone plastic CPC fittings that come stock on BMWs. I believe KTM uses the same crappy plastic fittings as BMW. We are interested in offering all metal kits for the various KTM models. These would be replicas of the OEM fittings except they'd be chrome plated brass with stainless steel valves and Viton o-rings. Our kits always include screw style fuel injection rated clamps and extra o-rings. We need help from the KTM community to figure out which fittings are used on which bikes. So far we have had a few KTM dirt bike guys order a single 5/16" barbed 90 degree elbow with a single 5/16" barbed straight female fitting.
If you can respond here with year and model of your bike and the fittings needed we can start making up kits. We offer 10% off to all ADV Riders all the time. Please let us know your bikes fittings and also your level of interest in the kits. Once I know which fittings are needed I can give a good estimate of the cost of the kits. THANKS!
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Mike Figielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
Douf
Limey Bitch

Oddometer: 769
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966074
Douf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Figielski View Post
Hi Guys,
Mike from Beemerboneyard.com here...
I expect hell to begin freezing over and the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse to arrive any second now.

A BMW post on OC? Aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! Life as I know it is ending.

(Thanks for the info, Mike.)

When I finished high school, I wanted to take all my graduation money and buy myself a motorcycle. But my mom said no. See, she had a brother who died in a horrible motorcycle accident when he was 18. And I could just have his motorcycle.
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
Mike Figielski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for the post link and yes, I know a Beemer guy posting on a KTM forum..... but I do love KTMs too
So do all 950 and 990 bikes use the single 5/16" barbed straight male and female fittings? If so we already have a BMW kit exactly like that available here: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon1.html
Do any of these bikes use 1/4" fittings or a different configuration? Thanks for the help.
mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Old 04-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #5
JoeMongo
¿Por dónde?

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Thanks for the post link and yes, I know a Beemer guy posting on a KTM forum..... but I do love KTMs too
So do all 950 and 990 bikes use the single 5/16" barbed straight male and female fittings? If so we already have a BMW kit exactly like that available here: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon1.html
Do any of these bikes use 1/4" fittings or a different configuration? Thanks for the help.
mike
Dang. I wish I'd known. I paid a lot more than that for my Q/D!

Looks right to me.
J.

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
JoeMongo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
Mike Figielski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMongo View Post
Dang. I wish I'd known. I paid a lot more than that for my Q/D!

Looks right to me.
J.
Thanks Joe. I am assuming the 950 models use the same fittings? Anyone know?
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #7
Lc8grrr
Vtwin madness

Oddometer: 415
950's dont have any quick disconnect fittings (carbs so no fuel injection pressures) on them only a hose barb and clamp although they would be handy. Probably 5/16 st-st from LH tank to carb and the same on the balance line between the tanks. I've been meaning to buy a set for the 660RR from you but haven't got there yet. The originals on that bike will just snap off and dump fuel onto the low exhaust. No wonder rally bikes burn. 690's and the injected dirt bikes would as well but don't have either.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:52 PM   #8
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Hi Guys,
Mike from Beemerboneyard.com here. As some of you might know we sell a lot of CPC chrome plated brass fuel line quick disconnect fitting kits to replace the crappy, crack prone plastic CPC fittings that come stock on BMWs.
Mike
Might also have a look at http://ktmtalk.com/showpost.php?p=45...postcount=1283 which covers the KTM 350 and 500 as well.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:37 PM   #9
wcohl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Thanks Joe. I am assuming the 950 models use the same fittings? Anyone know?
Mike
Mike,

My 950 SM has a straight fitting.
wcohl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #10
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 16,771
Mike- Thanks for posting! I wish I had seen this earlier! I will definitely keep you guys in mind for the future. Your prices are very competitive. And, yes- the linked fitting is the correct one for the 950 and 990.

Best wishes!
unaweep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:47 AM   #11
Mike Figielski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lc8grrr View Post
950's dont have any quick disconnect fittings (carbs so no fuel injection pressures) on them only a hose barb and clamp although they would be handy. Probably 5/16 st-st from LH tank to carb and the same on the balance line between the tanks. I've been meaning to buy a set for the 660RR from you but haven't got there yet. The originals on that bike will just snap off and dump fuel onto the low exhaust. No wonder rally bikes burn. 690's and the injected dirt bikes would as well but don't have either.
Thanks, forgot about the 950 bikes still having carbs. We have a double set meant for BMW 1150 bikes that sounds like what you need here: http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdiscon.html . If you enter the code "advrider" in the source code box in the shopping cart and click the "apply" button you will get 10% off.
Nice collection of bikes. I always wanted one of those RM125Cs and also the PE175 when I was a kid.
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Old 04-05-2014, 04:08 AM   #12
Mike Figielski OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
Might also have a look at http://ktmtalk.com/showpost.php?p=45...postcount=1283 which covers the KTM 350 and 500 as well.
Thanks for that. We had never heard back from him so I wasn't sure how it worked out. Does anyone know if it is just 350 and 500 bikes that use those fittings? What about the 450 bikes?
Thanks,
Mike

Check Out:
beemerboneyard.com
Old 04-05-2014, 04:16 AM   #13
FakeName
Wile E Coyote SuperGenius

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Thanks for that. We had never heard back from him so I wasn't sure how it worked out. Does anyone know if it is just 350 and 500 bikes that use those fittings? What about the 450 bikes?
Thanks,
Mike
The fittings are used on the fuel injected bikes- the 350 and 500, plus the later model LC8s (as you've discovered). The older carbed bikes like the 450, 530, 525 etc, do not use one.

2011 White 990 Adv S
2014 500EXC Black
FakeName is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:33 AM   #14
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,827
The 950 Super Enduro uses one 5/16 CPC disconnect between the fuel pump and the carbs.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #15
boulder
jersey boy

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
mike
This looks like a really nice product and was keen to get one and at $38,00 a fair price but $58.00 postage to Australia kind of makes it a no go!!