Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #91
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
But no bolt I ever put in with the rattle gun has come loose on me. It's actually a standard screw gun, not a full size rattle gun.

You'd seriously have to go nuts to warp the cover. Given the close tolerances, the fit, and the very thin gasket, a gradual torquing working around the cover wont kill it.

I used to use all the fancy torque wrenches when I worked commissioning wind turbines, but now I use my torque sensing wrist.
Long haul will show. I have no idea myself, as I have not teched on any other than my 8gs, and my daughters g650gs.
I just learned to listen to Joel really fast, as he know/knew his stuff. That's what he said. Let us know how it goes.
Cheers.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #92
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Whelp, we have another Rekluse on the road!! I'm sure he will be along shortly to share his thoughts

Kind of nice installing one with a fresh OEM fiber, plenty of adjustment down the road.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #93
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOP Dirt-Rider View Post
Whelp, we have another Rekluse on the road!! I'm sure he will be along shortly to share his thoughts

Kind of nice installing one with a fresh OEM fiber, plenty of adjustment down the road.
Fresh meat.... :

Erling
Old 08-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #94
OlyRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,243
Thanks!!

Spent a couple of hours chatting and looking over the shoulder as SOP Dirt-Rider installed my Rekluse this morning. Always enjoy watching a pro at work. He did a great job of multi-tasking with all that was going on

Let him decide how it "felt" based on his extensive experience with his own. Left there more than happy with the result. Have one on my KTM, but this seems more beneficial because of the size of the bike. Slow-speed stuff is amazing! Can't wait to test it out in Capitol Forest.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #95
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Happy to help a fellow rider. Same offer to any others needing help. I work for Karma, so the price is always paid forward
Old 08-04-2014, 09:06 PM   #96
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Happy to help a fellow rider. Same offer to any others needing help. I work for Karma, so the price is always paid forward
And espresso.... Dont forget the espresso....

Erling
Old 08-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #97
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
And espresso.... Dont forget the espresso....
If I was a good host I woulda brewed up some home roast!!
Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 AM   #98
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
If I was a good host I woulda brewed up some home roast!!

Erling
Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #99
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
So the way I understand it, if your clutch is burned, you will need to find a couple good plates. Chances are, there will be a couple on your bike anyway, but it seems like an opportunity missed by rekluse. A lot of times, people wear out a part and then look for an upgraded one to drop back in. Having a complete clutch pack or the ability to order the extra plates would have been handy.
chris73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 09:25 AM   #100
SOP Dirt-Rider
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
So the way I understand it, if your clutch is burned, you will need to find a couple good plates. Chances are, there will be a couple on your bike anyway, but it seems like an opportunity missed by rekluse. A lot of times, people wear out a part and then look for an upgraded one to drop back in. Having a complete clutch pack or the ability to order the extra plates would have been handy.
It was being discussed. What I would recommend is inmates start spreading the word they have new plates on hand. Heck, someone can convert the thicker tabbed fibers (mill the tabs down to match the 2 thin tabbed OEMS) if they have the means and make a penny or 2.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:33 AM   #101
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
Agreed..... I have been telling them this, as I started beta testing. They are considering it though. Personally when you look at worn clutches, then most likely you will find a few plates that are still good.

Erling
Old 08-06-2014, 11:40 AM   #102
YrianX
Viking Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
wide rpmrange from non to full engagement?

All of you that have this installed now, how are you finding the engagement "area" of the rekluse?

I am having a hard time adjusting the clutch wire tension it seems. When I ride one day I have almost so much forward kreep that I can't hold it still with my feet to the ground at stand still with 1st gear engaged, even when warm, then I get home, adjust maybe 1/2 turn on the nut and next time I go riding, I have almost no forward kreep at all even when cold and I feel like the clutch is slipping more than it should? Especially around 3K-4K.

Even with the forward kreep in place I feel like the clutch is not really engaging 100% until between 4 and 5K RPM? I did measure all the OEM plates I put in during install and all were within specc... I was thinking the red springs might be the answer to get earlier engagement but as i understand it the engagement is starting earlier with them but goes on over a longer RPM interval until fully engaged making the engagement feel softer? And that is exactly what I am trying NOT to get.

Might of course just be in my head and that it engages normally and is fully engaged around 2K-2.5K as I understand is normal? Or have I misunderstood something?

What would you say is the effect of putting in only Blue springs all around? Would I get a "harder" engagement? But at what increased level of RPM's?

the reason I'm asking instead of just trying is that my freaking Touratech Crashbars are a PITA to remove each time I need to access the clutch so would like to know what my best shot would be before I try something new in there.

Per

RIDING:
F800GS & YZF 1000R
YrianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #103
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YrianX View Post
All of you that have this installed now, how are you finding the engagement "area" of the rekluse?
Great....

I am having a hard time adjusting the clutch wire tension it seems. When I ride one day I have almost so much forward kreep that I can't hold it still with my feet to the ground at stand still with 1st gear engaged, even when warm, then I get home, adjust maybe 1/2 turn on the nut and next time I go riding, I have almost no forward kreep at all even when cold and I feel like the clutch is slipping more than it should? Especially around 3K-4K.
There should be consistency, and absolutely no slipping above 3000 rpm. The Creeping at idle with the clutch released, will vary a little from a cold and a warmed up motor, but should not vary between those two areas.

Even with the forward kreep in place I feel like the clutch is not really engaging 100% until between 4 and 5K RPM? I did measure all the OEM plates I put in during install and all were within specc... I was thinking the red springs might be the answer to get earlier engagement but as i understand it the engagement is starting earlier with them but goes on over a longer RPM interval until fully engaged making the engagement feel softer? And that is exactly what I am trying NOT to get.
Something is NOT right. That clutch should be locked up 90% @ 2500 rpm, and 100% 2650. You can make it slip in 6'th gear at perhaps 2700 @ WOT, but that might even be a little extreme. The engagement is very consistant, and should NOT vary.

Might of course just be in my head and that it engages normally and is fully engaged around 2K-2.5K as I understand is normal? Or have I misunderstood something?
Hard to say.... No snaps.... or other braendevin.....

What would you say is the effect of putting in only Blue springs all around? Would I get a "harder" engagement? But at what increased level of RPM's?
With all blue, you would get harder tension, and delay the engagement a few hundred rpm.

the reason I'm asking instead of just trying is that my freaking Touratech Crashbars are a PITA to remove each time I need to access the clutch so would like to know what my best shot would be before I try something new in there.

Per
Per, I think you have something going here, but it is hard to say what. You are mimicking.... well sorta, one of the other Betas experience.
I would recommend you have a look, unless you are 100% sure you followed my install video.
If you are a skype member, we can chat, and perhaps figure this out.

Erling
Old 08-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #104
YrianX
Viking Adventurer

Oddometer: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrabaek View Post
Per, I think you have something going here, but it is hard to say what. You are mimicking.... well sorta, one of the other Betas experience.
I would recommend you have a look, unless you are 100% sure you followed my install video.
If you are a skype member, we can chat, and perhaps figure this out.
Hehe thanks Erling. No schnaps and no Brænnevin ufortunately

I just realized one thing that I'm gonna try first of all... I have not lubed my clutch wire on this bike in ages. Might be a good idea to give that a go first. It strikes me as something that might be caused by a sticky wire or something as it does not seem to be constant.

Will let you know how that goes and probably try red springs and then blue springs to see if it's not resolved. (and double check the install of course.)

Only thing I noticed during install was that the supplied metal plates were a very tight fit on the clutch hub, but they did go on and slide to the bottom when I pushed them in with my fingers so...

If that does not lead anywhere, I am indeed on Skype so might take you up on that offer if worst comes to worst

Per

RIDING:
F800GS & YZF 1000R
YrianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #105
ebrabaek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Good enough then.
Double check things like first plate in, is the right OEM with the notch..... and OEM friction plate with narrow tab..... etc etc...

Erling