User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
SR1 OP
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,274
Twisties out of Brisbane...where?

I have between a Sat morning (May 10) and Mon eve (May 12) to ride in Australia. I may be picking up a bike 1.5 hours N or Brisbane, at Noosaville. (or may rent from a place SE of Brisbane 40 mins from airport)

Which way should I go? I hear a lot about traffic cameras, I'd rater avoid them...but I would love to be out the whole time for 2000kms or so of riding and as many twisties/sweepers and nice views as I could find. Advice for this yank?
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 AM   #2
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
What sort of bike bud?

There are great twisties in the gold coast (GC) hinterland and also in the Sunshine Coast hinterland theres alot of ribbing between Brisbane locals which is best, My favorite roads would include Springbrook rd GC and Melany Kilcy rd on the Sunshine Coast,

Brissy riders club ,com is a helpful place if you want company. Have a great ride and be warned I just copped a 1026$ dollar speeding ticket on the GC
ShaneBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

Id have a day for each coasts hinterland get up early like on bike at 530am watch out for birds feeding on fresh road kill at that time. From Noosa Id go Eumundi to kennilworth then Obi Obi creek rd to Mapleton then Montville for breakfast coffee, Then Maleny take the Stanley river rd to the Kilcoy beerwah rd head west on that till Kilcoy, Then south on the Esk kilcoy rd turn left at wivenhoe/sommerset rd then left again at northbrook parkway road which will run you over Mount Glorious then Mount Nebo after that youll be knackered stay the night in Brisbane and head to the Gold Coast on Sunday morning. Tamborine Canungra Beechmount rd loop finish the beechmont loop on Nerang Muriwollinbah rd head south on that turn left to pine creek rd(signs for springbrook) and take Spingbrook rd to Mudgerrebah Then go to the GC beach for a swim and take in some views content in the knowledge you have done all the best sportbike roads around Brisbane :)
Old 04-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
SR1 OP
I'm a Seoul Man...

Oddometer: 4,274
All this freakin' mental masturbation for nothin'. My wife just guilted her way into coming on the trip so I had to cancel the bike and now we'll spend the whole weekend "shopping" in Brisbane. FUCK!!!
SR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 AM   #5
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

I dislike your wife haha. Im joking she sounds lovely. Wish i had one