User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
OBR ADV Gear Rackless Enduro Bags

OBR ADV Gear, based out of Meridian Idaho, is a small start up offering "Rack less" Enduro Touring Soft Bags. Each of our products have been a design of our own necessity as we tour our Idaho back country roads and trails.

OBR ADV Gear products are in a final sampling stage with our first production batch scheduled for late April (Projected product availability 6/1) Current product offerings will include a 38l Adventure Saddlebag, a 10l Enduro Saddlebag, a Spare Tube Fender Pack, and a Utility Tool Pouch. Additional product offerings will be forthcoming once we get our feet under us.

For more information check out our website www.obradvgear.com, give us a "like" on Facebook @ OBR ADV Gear, and/or shoot us an email to obradvgear@gmail.com (Please title your email "Product Info request")

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear

obrianmcc screwed with this post 05-27-2014 at 09:42 PM
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 658
Looking forward to seeing your rackless bag solution(s).
Sub'd
Shooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
spaceman_spiff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 251
You should probably post more info and pics here if you want to generate good interest.
spaceman_spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman_spiff View Post
You should probably post more info and pics here if you want to generate good interest.
Absolutely.... more info and pics to come!

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #5
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hello ADVrider's ....

I have been updating my OBR ADV Gear Facebook page and will start bringing over some of that product/status information into this thread ... but before I start to spin off into all the marketing blah, blah, blah ... I feel that I need to explain a little on how this adventure got started.

My name is Mike, I've lived and worked here in Boise/Meridian ID for about the last 22 yrs for a local inflatable watercraft company. My time spent over the yrs in manufacturing and now within our new product development team has given me valuable exposure to both industrial textiles (woven and coated) and the many different aspects of fabrication from CAD Design, Cutting, Sewing, Radio Frequency Welding, Hot Air Thermal Welding, and down to Final Assembly Procedures including QC.

Now combine my background with my passion for Enduro/Dual Sport Motorcycling and we're guaranteed to find all kinds of one up custom fabricated soft accessories that have addressed my many certain needs on the bike.

So, this winter, while I was fabricating yet another set of saddlebags for myself for the upcoming season, I had this thought that there might well be others who would also appreciate some of my designs. They aren't earth shattering, I mean a soft bag is a soft bag and the wheel has been invented, but they are designed simple to provide function, keeping value and manufacturing costs in mind, and to ensure versatility and reliability in materials selection and construction. Best of all they are designed and manufactured right here in ole' Idaho USA!

Needing to keep this side venture separate from my daytime responsibilities, I purchased a sewing machine, the attachments, and raw inventory to continue on the necessary refinement process ... and a process it is! (which I was or am well prepared for given my product background and also knowing that the refinement process really never ends!) This preluded to long evenings and weekends of sewing, patterning, re-patterning, and re-sewing!

Once I felt that I had a solid foundation for what I was trying to achieve as an initial product offering, I had to make a decision ... do I (A) manufacture the bags myself in my free time, or do I (B) solicit the services of an industry partner who directly specializes in the manufacturing of sewn soft goods .... freeing up my time for additional prototyping and more importantly for riding? The answer was simple ...(B)

I approached this contactor a few months back with my thoughts, designs, and prototypes. After many design/concept revisions, material spec considerations, and finally samples ... we are here today! Final samples are being approved for our inaugural production run with product availability

Pics to follow!

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Adventure Saddlebag

OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag

Whether it’s a quick overnighter or a multi-day adventure … the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag will get you to where you’re going and back with all of your gear. Large capacity along with robust construction makes the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag the bag of choice for the hardiest of adventurers.
Features
· Spacious capacity at approx 2300in3 (38L)
· Heavy Duty Ballistic Nylon construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing
· Padded front/back panel provides additional bag structure and protection
· Heavy duty #10 coil zipper with storm flap
· One size fits all design with adjustable bridge straps
· Reflective webbing for increased low light visibility
· Includes 1 ea rear anchor strap to work with a rear cargo rack and 1 ea gutter hook anchor strap to work with bikes without a rear rack
· Load centralizing design keeps load mass in tight to the bike and forward for better handling
· Quick On/Off

Item # - OBR3001
$ 149.99 (S/H $16.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales)

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear

obrianmcc screwed with this post 05-03-2014 at 02:00 PM
Old 04-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #7
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag

Quick day trips often necessitate the need for additional gear storage … the OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag answers this need with a creative downscaled design of the OBR ADV Gear Adventure Saddlebag. Our OBR ADV Gear Enduro Saddlebag maintains the same fit and function as the larger adventure saddlebag, but with a reduced capacity.
Features
· 600in3 (10L) Capacity
· Heavy Duty Ballistic Nylon construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing
· Padded front/back panel provides additional bag structure and protection
· Heavy duty #10 coil zipper with storm flap
· One size fits all design with adjustable bridge straps
· Quick On/Off
· Reflective side webbing for increased low light visibility
· Includes 1 ea rear anchor strap to work with a rear cargo rack and 1 ea gutter hook anchor strap to work with bikes without a rear rack
· Load centralizing design keeps load mass in tight to the bike and forward for better handling

Item # - OBR2001
$ 99.99 (S/H $12.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales)

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear

obrianmcc screwed with this post 05-03-2014 at 02:02 PM
Old 04-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Why Buy OBR

Why Buy OBR-
OBR ADV Gear products are designed by riders for riders. We are committed to providing quality products that exude function, reliability, versatility, and affordability. All OBR ADV Products are manufactured in the USA.
By not importing our product we are able to support US business, maintain tight control over product QC, work hands on with our manufacturer, and launch new product ideas into our market faster and more efficiently.
We are excited to be part of the growing Adventure/Enduro Touring market and we hope that OBR ADV Gear will be your choice of soft gear for your next adventure.

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Guarantee

Our Guarantee-

We at OBR ADV Gear are not 100% satisfied unless you are 100% satisfied. If for any reason upon receipt of your OBR ADV Gear product you’re not fully satisfied, OBR ADV Gear will offer a full refund upon the return of the item in a new unused condition (Shipping excluded). If we are at fault and the reason for the return, we will be glad to cover the shipping.

OBR ADV Gear offers ...a 3yr (from the date of purchase) Materials and Workmanship Warranty. This warranty will cover all materials, seams, zippers, straps, and original hardware from any defects caused by the manufacture of the product.

Warranty Exclusions – Normal Wear and Tear, Excessive UV Damage causing fading and/or deterioration, abnormal use and/or neglect, damage caused by the packing of non-ordinary items, any alterations.

Proof of purchase will be required to facilitate a warranty repair/replacement. Your original invoice is your proof of purchase and should be retained in case of a warranty request.

To facilitate a warranty request please email OBR ADV Gear @ obradvgear@gmail.com including “warranty” to your subject line. Include a short description of the problem, any pictures (if available), and your personal information. OBR ADV Gear will respond ASAP with instructions.

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #10
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag

OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag
Secure storage of a spare tube and tire irons is a must for any adventure. The OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag is constructed from a heavy duty PVC/Polyester fabric that secures tightly to any fender via standard heavy duty gutter hooks and also utilizes a unique double button snap system that eliminates any potential shifting of the fender bag over rough terrain.
Features
· Rugged PVC coated polyester construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing
· Heavy duty #10 coil zipper
· Secure attachment with heavy duty gutter hooks and unique button snap retainment system

Item # - OBR0001
$ 24.99 (S/H $6.00 USPS) (6% sales tax for ID sales)

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear

obrianmcc screwed with this post 04-30-2014 at 03:07 PM Reason: OBR ADV Gear Fender Bag
Old 04-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Gear Tool Pouch

OBR ADV Gear Tool Pouch
It seems that while packing for every adventure … we always end up with a few items that were either neglected to be packed, were last minute gear additions, or just needed to be packed in a readily accessible location…. The OBR ADV Gear Tool Pouch is the perfect solution for these items. Once packed the tool pouch can be slipped into any bag or attached externally using integrated webbing loops that are built into the pouch.
Features
· Rugged PVC coated polyester construction with high strength UV resistant nylon webbing
· External d-rings and webbing loops which can be used as an external attachment to any load

Item # - OBR1001
$ 14.99 (S/H $6.00 shipping) (6% Sales Tax for ID sales)

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-25-2014, 09:31 AM   #12
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Enjoying some Spring in the Eastern OR Dez .....

Happy Friday from OBR ADV Gear

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-29-2014, 04:47 PM   #13
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

..... prototype testing .... brutal job, but somebody has to do it!

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 04-30-2014, 03:14 PM   #14
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

OBR ADV Gear Tool Roll

OBR ADV Gear Tool Roll

In order to be prepared for all possible mechanical mishaps along the trail or on any adventure, we are required to carry a certain selection of tools. The OBR ADV Gear Tool Wrap will help keep those tools together and in an organized fashion easy to be found should one of those mechanical mishaps occur.
Features
· PVC coated polyester construction
· Individual Tool Slots for Tire Irons, Wrenches, Screw Drivers … along with a zippered pouch for those smaller items
Item # - OBR4001

$ 14.99 (S/H $6.00 shipping) (6% Sales Tax for ID sales)

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
Old 05-02-2014, 06:56 AM   #15
obrianmcc OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Another Happy Friday from OBR ADV Gear!

OBR ADV Gear
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear