Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2014, 03:12 AM   #196
2volts
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 278
good onya bully, will be great to have you along.

pete
2volts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 03:45 AM   #197
2volts
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 278
todays training was natural terrain mx out at beverley, no relevance to safari other than riding a motorbike in the beautiful WA sunshine and fresh air...

pete
2volts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #198
bully1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,968
This weekends training involved a 340 km offroad loop on the sidecar out to a nice country pub for the night, then standing around a fire. Got it down pat, so ready to roll.
'92 R100GSPD ( modified)...........slow and easy
bully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #199
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 468
My training today consisted of trying to keep up with my six-year-old twins on their scooters at the skate park, then an afternoon of roller-skating. Yes, roller skating. First time in maybe 25 years. I think it's illustrated that my balance needs significant more training....
Old 06-29-2014, 01:29 AM   #200
nry

Oddometer: 1,295
Sequent you'd better "check yo self befo yo break yo self" now I know how you roll..

Training runs.

Only geoz and I rode today in the end. Typical Watagans stuff, plenty of single track and 4WD tracks some creeks and enough logs to keep you honest. Some repairs to my gear lever, a bit of getting lost and then getting separated and lost (30 mins). Thats with a GPS too It was HG's fault

NO PEA GRAVEL THOUGH (Damn)

90km loop isn't really what we will see at Safari but if you did it twice and felt like you could go again the next day then at least you could say your fitness was in the ball park there's not a whole lot of resting in the ride today. Next ride.

No pictures but hopefully this link works and will give some insight into the area we rode in.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/530555915#

My bike build should be ready to take off soon. The HDB tower is with Gany and so is a frame block. As soon as they get to me it will be welded on and then the build can begin in ernest. My mate built a tail pipe to get us around the 8.5l Safari rear tank and I'm going to take it to an exhaust joint tomorrow to get mounting lugs put on and probably a header built. Thats the hard shit done then. I have all my tyres / mousses / wheels. Oh and I should have a lovely CF road book mounting plate from Rally Raid Engineering soon.

My fitness however has now completely stalled I'd gone from a 106kg to 93kg got stuck and now I'm climbing back up, currently 97kg . I'm getting back into it at 5am in the morning after I knock off this pork belly and red wine tonight !

What ??? I burnt a lot of energy today

Neil.
nry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #201
okedoke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nry View Post
My fitness however has now completely stalled I'd gone from a 106kg to 93kg got stuck and now I'm climbing back up, currently 97kg . I'm getting back into it at 5am in the morning after I knock off this pork belly and red wine tonight !

What ??? I burnt a lot of energy today

Neil.
.... your muscles wave a little white flag, and without any warning you're suddenly a fat bastard ......... Chorus: You fat bastard, you fat bastard .....

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
okedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:46 PM   #202
sequent
South Australia's own....

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Sequent you'd better "check yo self befo yo break yo self" now I know how you roll..
They see me rollin', they hatin'...

To make it authentic, I wore my motorbike armour (I really did, btw), and thus no injuries, except for the impact on my pride associated with the mocking I received at the hands of the plethora of four-year-old roller-skating prodigies....

Glad your training run went well. Did you practice getting off the bike, taking a piss and getting back on the bike as quickly as possible?
Old 06-29-2014, 04:54 PM   #203
HalfFastMoto
bRad

Oddometer: 1,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by sequent View Post
They see me rollin', they hatin'...

Did you practice getting off the bike, taking a piss and getting back on the bike as quickly as possible?
12 Christini 450 Rally Lite
13 Christini 300 E
HalfFastMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #204
geoz
Orange rules

Oddometer: 223
Yes there were a few breaks... I do realise now that must have been scheduled exercise. Next time I will be timing it.

hg
geoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #205
nry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sequent View Post
Did you practice getting off the bike, taking a piss and getting back on the bike as quickly as possible?
Nice one centurion

I must have a really small bladder or be in a constant state of....
excuse me I have to go....again.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:09 AM   #206
nry

Another bit ticked off the huge list of things to build...

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=2047
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 AM   #207
geoz
Orange rules

Oddometer: 223
Has anyone ordered the mysterious RallySafe kit yet?

hg
geoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:05 AM   #208
Sundowner OP
Bort

Oddometer: 3,524
Good stuff, Neil. That's a big build step started. Wish I had a build area like that to work with.

HG, not yet mate. I'm waiting for the Safari Office to announce the mount plate ready to order. It certainly looks like the right setup for my simple crossbar nav gear setup. Maybe Don can let us know when it's ready to purchase?
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:12 AM   #209
nry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Good stuff, Neil. That's a big build step started. Wish I had a build area like that to work with.

HG, not yet mate. I'm waiting for the Safari Office to announce the mount plate ready to order. It certainly looks like the right setup for my simple crossbar nav gear setup. Maybe Don can let us know when it's ready to purchase?
Dusty, CPW and WAR motorsports have come up with a crossbar mount solution I believe.

I should have another version of my own soonish and well get RS to give us the nod that it will work. That will be bar mounted too but won't have the adjustment in it that WAR's seems to have.

I tried ordering the RS stuff this afternoon but couldn't add the damage waiver to my cart. Emailed Chris and hopefully I can order tomorrow.

I am now at the stage where money has become secondary and the fact that my bike has to ship in about 6 - 8 weeks is the driving factor.. Its full steam ahead with the build.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:08 AM   #210
Sundowner OP
Bort

Oddometer: 3,524
Quote:
I am now at the stage where money has become secondary and the fact that my bike has to ship in about 6 - 8 weeks is the driving factor.. Its full steam ahead with the build.
Racing always gets like that. Don't worry about the cost until you've got nothing left to sell except your children for medical experiments. Sadly, I don't have any kids.

You guys seen the news that the Onslow Bivouac is out due to rejected land access permissions in the Pilbura area? Du'ya like dags? sand? 2 nights Exmouth bivouac. Hard times ahead.
Say 3 Hail KLRs and recite the old Honda "skid demon" warning 3 times." - CA Stu.
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote