Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #61
n17
WINGS producer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
That's just shitty, to behave like you're not interested and than build a little different product with exact the same purpose.

Sent back and forth
Hello guys,
I'm Gorazd Marovic, the producer of WINGS Seat Cooler.
I have read this thread and I feel like I must tell the whole story to avoid any misunderstandings.
It's true, Corsica 101 sent me an e-mail with pictures last winter.

My answer to him was:

In regard of cooperation I must unfortunately say that I have a 1190 Adventure bike myself and while riding it I got some ideas for improvements too.
The first is in advanced stage of production, the second is in developing stage.
The policy of WINGS is to offer our own design with our logo on the products.

Corsica 101 answered:

As far as the shields go, no problem I just hope our ideas aren't too simular since I send you quite detailed photo's.

My answer:

You don't need to worry about the shields. My version is different. It was designed months ago.
My Australian dealer gave me the idea because down there this is a huge problem.
He also find a name for it but I haven't decided yet if I would use it since it's rather unusual.
It took so long because I always complicate things searching for the best possible design.

At the time of my correspondence with Corsica 101 I have had a metal prototype (see the picture) on my bike for 2 months already.
I was not allowed to reveal the pictures of my shield to him at that time since Patent procedure wasn't finished yet and the rules in this regard are VERY STRICT .
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #62
davehg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
I don't think the Wings version resembles the other version in any important way, not otherwise dictated by function. No more than competing footpegs, bar ends, or other function driven devices.
davehg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #63
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 221
The way the Wings version is integrated into the aesthetics of the bike is very nice and looks as factory as they come which in my mind makes them stand head and shoulders above other solutions. Hand now quivering on wallet !!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #64
mmckenna
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hello Gorazd,

Thank you for explaining the sensitive intellectual property background.

As the inventor, perhaps you can comment on the design. Have you measured any reduction in heat to the legs/seat? It's been difficult to quantitate the actual benefit (for me at least) from the discussion in this thread.
mmckenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #65
AJAdvRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Glossy or Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevy511 View Post
Hi all first post..Just wanted to jump in here
I just sent a email requesting a price quote for the shorty and the heat shield as well. I think I'm going for the gloss, to match the rear glossy side panels below the seat. Will see how it goes....
Looking at the grey paint scheme, I agree that the glossy shield would be the best choice due to the glossy black paint on the tail under the rear seat. I have the orange paint and decided on the Matt finish shield to match the rest of the plastic parts. The wings youtube for the product demos an orange bike with a Matt shield and looks like they were meant to go together in my opinion...we will see once I receive mine.

As a side note, I haven't really experienced much issues with heat...living in Idaho of course. I just simply like the looks of the thing...really finishes off an area that otherwise looks like something is missing. If it turns out to be functional as well, all the better.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #66
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

I think I'll be choosing the glossy finish as I have the KTM tank protection sheets fitted which make the main part of the tank glossy. Plus with the lovely carbon Wings heat shield on the exhaust, I hope/believe that the cooler in gloss will match in beautifully.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:51 PM   #67
Doug Matson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
After riding a couple of days here in SoCal with the heat in the 90-100 degree range I can say that they do a great job controlling the heat.
93' XR 200
72' SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
70' CB 350
65' CB 160
Doug Matson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #68
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Matson View Post
After riding a couple of days here in SoCal with the heat in the 90-100 degree range I can say that they do a great job controlling the heat.

Have you tried it without the insulating layer to see how much the shields do on their own?
Old 05-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #69
Doug Matson
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,532
No I have not. Down the road I may put something on the back of them to insulate them a little more but it is not any issue I think about anymore since the heat is mostly gone now.
93' XR 200
72' SL 100
67' Triumph Bonneville
70' CB 350
65' CB 160
Doug Matson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:05 PM   #70
nvdesertrat
Nevada Desert Rat

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdesertrat View Post
UPS says my will be on my door step on Monday

Just got them installed with tank bag.
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
nvdesertrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #71
Bluesilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
If the Cooler plate is as good as their pipe and heel plate which is PIG strong then I'll be placing an order!! Dumped my bike and the heel plate took ALL the rear impact at the rear, ZERO damage to the bike, exhaust only minor scratches to the CF heel plate and that was two people up and a topbox.

Bluesilver screwed with this post 09-13-2014 at 02:25 AM
Bluesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:19 AM   #72
RobZorba OP
RobZorba

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesilver View Post
If the Cooler plate is as good as their pipe and heel plate which is PIG strong then I'll be placing an order!! Dumped my bike and the heel plate took ALL the rear impact at the rear, ZERO damage to the bike, exhaust only minor scratches to the CF heel plate and that was two people up and a topbox.
Glad no serious damage this time. For those roads your 'bike / engine will survive a lot better if you fit a good skid plate. The KTM plastic fantastic skid plate will not stop a rock punching through the sump case.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:37 AM   #73
Bluesilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZorba View Post
Glad no serious damage this time. For those roads your 'bike / engine will survive a lot better if you fit a good skid plate. The KTM plastic fantastic skid plate will not stop a rock punching through the sump case.
Yep I know, was not planning to do this but the wife on the bike we decided to take a "light" gravel road...did not expect the rain as with those tyres as you can see, you just looking for trouble...now if I have my KTM300 instead that day, it would have ALOT more fun up in the mountains!
Bluesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #74
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Seat Coolers now ordered.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #75
RobZorba OP
RobZorba

Oddometer: 388
Have now fitted the Wings gloss finish "seat cooler" kit to my 1190 R. They are superb quality carbon fiber 3-D moulded parts with "invisible" mounting, and look like part of the original bodywork. The gloss resin coat finish is better than the KTM body panels. A thick pre-cut heat shield mat is also provided to lay under the seat. There is a huge reduction in "heat" reaching the rider's thighs and other prized body parts. No discomfort at at all, at any speed. My thanks and congratulations to Gorazd / Wings for the excellent design and quality of these parts.