Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 AM   #16
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
I love your products. My wife wears the Off Track and I have a pair of Dakar pants with the Sand jacket. I find the zippers on the sleeves open themselves whilst riding. How do I prevent this from happening?
Hey BlackBeast, thanks for the kind words. We love our products, too ;)

As for your Sand, sometimes zippers start to loosen after lots of use; if they get too loose, it would only take something like strong gusts of wind to pull them open -- which it sounds like you're experiencing. If you've purchased the jacket in the last year, then it's still under warranty, and we'd be happy to swap in some new zippers for you. Otherwise, you might try contacting our highly trusted repair shop out of California and seeing what can do for you: http://www.anthonysleatherworks.com or (949) 486-9000. Let us know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiji View Post
I've been told by my dealer that my (leaking) Rev'it Horizon jacket is at your office, waiting for warranty disposition. Any chance you could, ahem, expedite this? Hopefully there's only one, and it's easy to figure out which one is mine.

These last few weeks have been awful for rain in NJ(last weds in particular), and my Klim Badlands keeps letting water down the neck due to the floppy design. Now that prime riding season is starting, I need to know what my wet weather solution will be.
Hey Kenji -- We'll send you a PM and see if we can't get this sorted. Thanks for letting us know!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #17
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Looking forward to following this thread. I've felt for years that Rev'it could be the best. I love your style and fit is great. Now, I wear Rukka almost exclusively, so it'd be tough to beat.

The Poseidon is your top of the line, and I don't doubt that it would fit exceptionally, and be super comfortable, but why isn't it more protective? 600d fabric, with a few token strips of superfabric doesn't really cut it, and most of it isn't even ProShell. To be fair, I doubt I'd buy another Rukka suit for some of the same reasons. They don't make a suit like my Armas anymore. Top of the line just has a few token strips of Armacor. Meanwhile, other manufacturers are making truly protective suits.

Also, on the Poseidon, I prefer rear parallel vents to a horizontal one. That type of vent is blocked by the back protector and my Camelbak.

Have you considered switching to larger armor? While you're at it, armor that gets hard in the cold isn't usable for those of us in the North. I know manufacturers claim that your body heat will warm it up, but I've never found that to be true since its on the outside of your insulation hanging out in the cold.

I don't mean to sound so negative. I really want to be a Rev'it fanboy, and I'm always looking at your stuff. I guess I just haven't found the right suit yet with the combination of features I'm looking for.

Thanks for putting yourself out there It takes a lot to put up with our crap
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
I've had several Rev'it products (so has my wife) but like Jim mentioned above, why not more protective materials?

Currently I wear Rev'It Everest pants. Love them. Year round here in tucson. Vented, waterproof, one pair of pants for anywhere year round riding, what more could you want? But I hate that they are so light in the crash areas. I have these pants zipped to a Held Cardona jacket which is much studier - Gore-Tex Pro with super fabric from wrist to shoulder. Why can't someone make a good fitting pair of pants like that? Stadler maybe does. The new Klim rally might be like that but many complain about the poor fit of Klim.

Rev'It has some very good clothing but it could be great with more focus on using known, protective materials rather than some of the lighter materials with fancy names.

Levain & Swimmer, we love a good challenge! Sounds like you both know your
gear, so we went direct to our design team to properly respond to your question. Here goes...

In building each of our jackets, we choose each element individually (instead of using a factory "package"), right down to the last button and zipper. The GORE-TEX fabrics are some of the most ideal products on the market for us, because even the two layer products deliver very, very high abrasion and tear resistance. You could say we choose them for their "deception" -- they are incredibly lightweight, but are in fact ultra-protective.

Industry research and testing has shown that protection falls into two categories: passive safety vs. active safety, so we strive to deliver the highest level of active safety without sacrificing on the passive -- in other words, a heavy, bulky fabric doesn't work for us because it makes the rider uncomfortable. Discomfort leads to distraction, and we know where the story goes from there. We have done our best to isolate the areas that truly need extra protection, and add it there -- it keeps the product lighter, more flexible, while preventing costs from skyrocketing. Sometimes "extra" protection is just extra; we try to make sure that anything we add to the jacket has real value.

As for protective armor, until this point, we've always used external brands (Knox, Sas-Tec), but that's about to change -- the details aren't public yet, but our spring/summer 2015 collection will feature armor that we've designed in-house. It's bigger, more durable, and won't stiffen in cold weather. Stay tuned for more!

Please feel free to keep your questions coming! Good discourse is invaluable. Thanks for your interest in REV'IT!

Ride Safe.
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-08-2014, 09:22 AM   #18
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
As the owner of Rev'It Poseidon GTX jacket and pants I'll offer my so far rather limited experience with it. It is very comfortable and offers pretty good venting. I did also purchase the Hi Viz vest and the Seesoft back protector, both nice options. But at this price point it seems to me that the Seesoft back protector should have been included, just my opinion.

I'm impressed with the adjustable features for both jacket and pants. The pants are a bit big on me at the waist but I'm sure the next size down would have been snug enough to prohibit the use of my Gerbing's heated gear. Really like the way the sleeves fit and zip closed at the wrist. Obviously very well thought out and designed gear.

The only negative I've experienced so far is that in several areas the reflective material is starting to peel off in small pieces. Not sure why, but since I've only worn the gear twice this is also unsatisfactory.

Overall I'm happy with my decision. Keep up the work and it is great to see you posting here!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #19
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Levain & Swimmer, we love a good challenge! Sounds like you both know your
gear, so we went direct to our design team to properly respond to your question. Here goes...

In building each of our jackets, we choose each element individually (instead of using a factory "package"), right down to the last button and zipper. The GORE-TEX fabrics are some of the most ideal products on the market for us, because even the two layer products deliver very, very high abrasion and tear resistance. You could say we choose them for their "deception" -- they are incredibly lightweight, but are in fact ultra-protective.

Industry research and testing has shown that protection falls into two categories: passive safety vs. active safety, so we strive to deliver the highest level of active safety without sacrificing on the passive -- in other words, a heavy, bulky fabric doesn't work for us because it makes the rider uncomfortable. Discomfort leads to distraction, and we know where the story goes from there. We have done our best to isolate the areas that truly need extra protection, and add it there -- it keeps the product lighter, more flexible, while preventing costs from skyrocketing. Sometimes "extra" protection is just extra; we try to make sure that anything we add to the jacket has real value.

As for protective armor, until this point, we've always used external brands (Knox, Sas-Tec), but that's about to change -- the details aren't public yet, but our spring/summer 2015 collection will feature armor that we've designed in-house. It's bigger, more durable, and won't stiffen in cold weather. Stay tuned for more!

Please feel free to keep your questions coming! Good discourse is invaluable. Thanks for your interest in REV'IT!

Ride Safe.
REV'IT!
All sounds great, but I'd still like to see a more protective suit. Nice to see you moving away from the tiny SasTec armor for size and cold weather issues. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Maybe, the suit I'm looking for will come from you in 2015. I really want an ultra protective, true 4 season GoreTex Pro Shell suit. I don't want liners. I want proper venting. It needs to be ultra protective, and I don't want to look like a billboard or a wannabe Adventure rider.

I'm ready for part 2 of the review anytime
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #20
Valentino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Hi, I agree with Levain and Swimmer: an ultra-protective suit would be very welcome, ideally CE-approved as Personal Protective Equipment for professional motorcycle use. Halvarssons, Spidi, Weise, Scott Leathers and others all offer a CE-approved textile suit.

Also, will your new armour be certified to CE Level 1 or the new Level 2?

Valentino screwed with this post 05-08-2014 at 02:27 PM
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #21
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Hey BlackBeast, thanks for the kind words. We love our products, too ;)

As for your Sand, sometimes zippers start to loosen after lots of use; if they get too loose, it would only take something like strong gusts of wind to pull them open -- which it sounds like you're experiencing. If you've purchased the jacket in the last year, then it's still under warranty, and we'd be happy to swap in some new zippers for you. Otherwise, you might try contacting our highly trusted repair shop out of California and seeing what can do for you: http://www.anthonysleatherworks.com or (949) 486-9000. Let us know how it goes!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
I believe that this is a common problem and several other riders have experienced. Strong wind gusts or not, zippers should not open themselves period. I also own a BMW RP2 suit which I've had since 2006 and those sleeve zippers don't open. I shouldn't have to ship it to California and probably have to pay to have it done when I have dealers both here in Ontario and in the US that are closer.

I appreciate you being interested in feedback from riders which means one should always try to correct known problems.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #22
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,894
I have purchased a number items from you guys, I have never had such good online customer service. The video reviews are priceless for making decisions regarding which brand/product to purchase. With only one exception I have made most of my Revit purchases using the videos to make an informed decision.

Keep on keepin on!
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #23
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 5,112
Hey Revit!

Love my jacket, but....

Had it less than a year. Bought it from a local dealership.
I review motorcycles for 2wheelsandamotor.com
Chisenhallw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #24
edwan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Tornado Liner

I have a Tornado Jacket. I love it. I looks good, and with the removeable liner it lets me ride in comfort from 55 to 90 degrees.

I had my liner (and tank bag stolen this weekend. Is there any way to order just the liner?

If not what jacket in your current line has the same specs as the Tornado?
edwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 AM   #25
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
I believe that this is a common problem and several other riders have experienced. Strong wind gusts or not, zippers should not open themselves period. I also own a BMW RP2 suit which I've had since 2006 and those sleeve zippers don't open. I shouldn't have to ship it to California and probably have to pay to have it done when I have dealers both here in Ontario and in the US that are closer.

I appreciate you being interested in feedback from riders which means one should always try to correct known problems.
Hey BlackBeast -- we totally agree. We've passed your feedback on to our corporate offices and product development teams to be sure that any problems like this are corrected going forward. So far, this is the first we've heard of this specific zipper problem, but it definitely merits a look! Thanks for making us aware.

Ride Safe!
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-12-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ Charlie View Post
I have purchased a number items from you guys, I have never had such good online customer service. The video reviews are priceless for making decisions regarding which brand/product to purchase. With only one exception I have made most of my Revit purchases using the videos to make an informed decision.

Keep on keepin on!
Hey Charlie, you might be confusing us with Revzilla! They are one of our favorite online vendors, too! And strong ambassadors for the REV'IT! brand. Glad you've gotten excellent service from them. Let us know if you have any questions about any of our gear -- www.revitusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Hey Revit!

Love my jacket, but....

Had it less than a year. Bought it from a local dealership.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwan View Post
I have a Tornado Jacket. I love it. I looks good, and with the removeable liner it lets me ride in comfort from 55 to 90 degrees.

I had my liner (and tank bag stolen this weekend. Is there any way to order just the liner?

If not what jacket in your current line has the same specs as the Tornado?

Hey Edwan & ChisenhallW -- Check your PM inboxes, we'll try to get those issues sorted!!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 AM   #27
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Come to our LA party!

For those of you who are in LA -- please join us at Beach Moto for a small party to celebrate our new urban collection! All are welcome, just be sure to RSVP! rsvp@revitusa.com

Twitter
Insta
Old 05-13-2014, 10:16 AM   #28
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
Hey Charlie, you might be confusing us with Revzilla! They are one of our favorite online vendors, too! And strong ambassadors for the REV'IT! brand. Glad you've gotten excellent service from them. Let us know if you have any questions about any of our gear -- www.revitusa.com

Hey Edwan & ChisenhallW -- Check your PM inboxes, we'll try to get those issues sorted!!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Any comment on my post regarding the apparent peeling off of the reflective material on my new Poseidon Jacket???
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #29
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,655
Hey Revit, glad to see your hear and asking for feedback.

I've debated if I should post this, as I like to keep things positive, but it seems you want some real honest feedback.

I purchased a Sirocco Jacket from a retailer and have been less than impressed with it. The pocket that holds the back protector was single stitched and completely blew out after not that much use. The stitching failed as did the material so it was not repairable. I had no back protection.

I contacted Revit and was told to contact the retailer and both of you said tough luck. Guess there is a window of warranty. So since the back pocket was non-functional and just hanging there I cut out the stitching & material the rest of the way. Other stitching was not holding up that great either.

I now use another type of protection when using this jacket, but honestly have switched over to another brand of jackets popular with the ADV crowd that features to lifetime warranty. We ride ALOT and need top shelf performing gear. Your jackets now sits in my closet most of the time.

Given the experience, I have serious reservations of purchasing another Revit piece of gear unless I am assured the build quality, stitching & longevity has gotten better. Awaiting your feedback.
I know others have been extremely pleased with Revit so maybe I got a friday afternoon jacket.

Thanks, Bill
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #30
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,657
What is the RevIt warranty, anyway? I couldn't find anything on it on the US website. Considering a Poseidon suit, and I know it's warranted by GoreTex, but if I'm dropping that kind of money, I want to know what the warranty is from the OEM.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote