Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2014, 05:59 AM   #61
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,797
Wise Guy - I had ordered a pair of the Sand 2 pants recently, and when it looked like they were going to be on backorder for a while, I grabbed a pair of the Airwaves in the meantime. Having now received the Sand 2, I can say that they aren't much warmer than the Airwaves (the tight mesh on the Airwaves does limit the amount of air they flow, compared to my HT Air overpants). The Sand 2 may be out of your price range, but if you consider them, I think they'd be a great option for you, and they'd be wearable well into the cooler months with the liners. M-Shorts still seem to be available at Revzilla. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:01 AM   #62
Wise Guy
Soitenly!

Oddometer: 68
Sand 2 Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Wise Guy - I had ordered a pair of the Sand 2 pants recently, and when it looked like they were going to be on backorder for a while, I grabbed a pair of the Airwaves in the meantime. Having now received the Sand 2, I can say that they aren't much warmer than the Airwaves (the tight mesh on the Airwaves does limit the amount of air they flow, compared to my HT Air overpants). The Sand 2 may be out of your price range, but if you consider them, I think they'd be a great option for you, and they'd be wearable well into the cooler months with the liners. M-Shorts still seem to be available at Revzilla. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
@lmychajluk: thx for the suggestion. How was the fit when comparing the Sand 2 to the Airwaves? Was one roomier than the other in terms of hips, butt, thighs? I have thin thighs and no butt, so this can be an issue for me.

In fact, I have a pair of Tourmaster Venture Air pants, size medium short already. Mostly mesh, so plenty of airflow, and waist and length are perfect, but the butt and legs are enormous on me. I can spin the knee armor around 180 degrees to the back! The only way the armor could possibly stay in place would be if I wore the rain liner, the thermal liner, and jeans underneath. But you don't want that configuration in anything above 50 degrees!

So I could keep my Tourmaster clown pants for the really cold stuff, and the Sand 2 to cover everything else I suppose.

Minor color question: Did you get black, or silver? If silver, it looks like the silver on the Sand 2 is more of a "white", while the Airwaves look more grey, correct? Wondering how crazy I'd look with silver/anthracite Airwave jacket, combined with the silver Sand 2 pant. Although maybe that trim color on the silver Airwave jacket is the same silver as on the Sand 2 (sheesh, I sound like my wife!)
Wise Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:35 AM   #63
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,497
Bought a pair of mistral 3 pants (lightly used) last season and really like them. Rode them.a.bunch with the liner in, kept me warm and dry. When spring time rolled around I took the liner out and noticed two tears along the inseam. Two small tears front and back. Is this something I could fix myself? Or possibly buy a new liner for the pants??

Thanks
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #64
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Guy View Post
@lmychajluk: thx for the suggestion. How was the fit when comparing the Sand 2 to the Airwaves?...
I would say I have average size thighs, but I will say that both the Airwaves and the Sand 2 are a bit snug on me, with the Airwaves being a bit moreso than the Sand 2. The first time I wore the Airwaves, my friends toddler took a tumble in front of me and I went to kneel down to help him up and almost couldn't. I no longer keep my wallet in the pants pocket with the Airwaves. The Sand 2s aren't as bad, and they have the cargo pockets, so with all the liners out I'm a little more flexible in them. Given that, I think either may be good for you, but I doubt they'll be a 'tight' fit like leathers.

As for color, the mesh on the Airwaves is more of a silvery/grey color. You can kind of see that on the pics of the Airwave jacket as well:

The silver Sand 2 pants are more whitish, but match the waist / collar / vertical patches on the Airwave (at least, I never tried to compare them closely enough that I saw a difference....).
Old 06-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #65
SamRus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hey SamRus, it's our pleasure to make great products -- thanks to you for buying them! I've sent a message to our product team about the fabric in the Airwave; they're always looking for good feedback. May I ask, what sort of base layer are you wearing underneath? We do make a summer layer that breathes quite well, if you're looking for something new. It's called the Oxygen, you can find it here. We'll let you know if we hear anything new about the mesh material in the Airwave!
Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Hey Rev'IT! Thanks for your response!
Wearing a base layer (underamror or Nike DryFit) eliminates the unpleasant feeling against the skin, but makes it a bit less convenient, since it requires me to change when I get somewhere if I want to take the riding pants off. So if I want to just ride the bike to a friends house, or to the gym, I either have to wear jeans, or the base layer (in which case I'll have to find a bathroom to change into shorts).
SamRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:43 PM   #66
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Finally got the Moveo Neck Brace I ordered 2 weeks ago for use with my Sand 2 jacket. How this is supposed to attach to the Sand 2 jacket? I'm using the RevIt strap kit (5 straps). If I use the longer ones in front, the shorter ones don't reach on the back (to the loops at the top of the vents on the flank?). It appears as if the loop holes on the brace itself are too far up on the shoulders(?). Also, I'm not seeing a loop to connect the 5th strap to the center back of the jacket?

BTW, a little annoyed now that I realized the loop for a hydration tube that was supposed to be on the right shoulder is no longer included.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:52 PM   #67
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
Quote:
BTW, a little annoyed now that I realized the loop for a hydration tube that was supposed to be on the right shoulder is no longer included.
It should still be there, it just got tiny. I ran a small ziptie through mine to make it functional.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #68
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

I see that there was a tiny loop where the tags were attached. But looking at the Revzilla video, it almost looks like there was a velcro strap there, which would've been nice.

I'm going to try to bend a paperclip into a spring shape to wrap around the tube, and then just have a small hook go through the loop. But, I want to get the neck brace situated before trying to route the hydro tube.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #69
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Poseidon Zipper ?

Hi there Rev'it, another issue has surfaced while I'm out, now on day 19 and about 3-4 days to go. Three days ago the zipper on my NEW Poseidon pants has begun coming apart, my wife is also on this trip and fortunately for me she is a seamstress and has made temporary repairs, but the zipper is obviously not sewn in with enough material to hold long term. This and my previous mention of the Hi-viz getting caught in the velcro are issues I'm expecting some response from. Pictures to be sent to you once I'm home.
Am willing to give every opportunity for you to make good on this soon as more rides are planned next month.

Cheers,

Bruce
Old 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM   #70
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 64
REV'IT! Warranty info

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWA View Post
Hi there Rev'it, another issue has surfaced while I'm out, now on day 19 and about 3-4 days to go. Three days ago the zipper on my NEW Poseidon pants has begun coming apart, my wife is also on this trip and fortunately for me she is a seamstress and has made temporary repairs, but the zipper is obviously not sewn in with enough material to hold long term. This and my previous mention of the Hi-viz getting caught in the velcro are issues I'm expecting some response from. Pictures to be sent to you once I'm home.
Am willing to give every opportunity for you to make good on this soon as more rides are planned next month.

Cheers,

Bruce
Hey Bruce -- We're very sorry about this zipper issue! (And thankfully, it's the first we've heard of this happening.) You're lucky to have such a handy wife.

This and the Velcro issue are definitely covered under your product warranty... We're trying to keep this forum strictly a place for technical questions and suggestions about the gear (and not step on the toes of other people in the company who have been employed specifically to deal with warranties), but we do have an easy system in place for handling all claims. Just contact your dealer (online or brick and mortar, the process is the same) and they'll walk you through it! If you need expedited handling, just let them know, and they'll make sure our guys get the message.

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #71
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

If this isn't a 'Technical Question', please direct me to the appropriate resource: What is the proper method of using the Rev'It strap kit to attach a Moveo Neck brace to a Sand 2 jacket?
Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #72
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Size 48 Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Guy View Post
Thanks for the update. Will do.

Another question: Your Tornado, or Gear 2 pants could work, but i don't think they come in a size small enough for me. Some retailers (like Revzilla) show a chart with size 48 short, which would work, but when you try to buy, none seem to show the Gear 2 or Tornado in anything smaller than a 50 short. I'm assuming the chart I'm seeing is a general chart for all pants, and Rev'it has just chosen not to produce the Gear 2 or the Tornado in the size 48 short?

Thanks.
Hi Wise Guy. It's true -- based on demand, the company decided not to make the pants in size 48 short. But they constantly change production orders based on feedback, so we'll make sure they know there is interest!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-30-2014, 10:08 AM   #73
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Moveo Neck Brace

Quote:
If this isn't a 'Technical Question', please direct me to the appropriate resource: What is the proper method of using the Rev'It strap kit to attach a Moveo Neck brace to a Sand 2 jacket?
Hi Lee -- Take a look at this graphic (hopefully it's large enough) and let us know if that helps at all. Unfortunately we didn't print installation instructions... If it doesn't seem to be working, please let us know the exact model of neck brace you purchased and we'll get back to you.

Twitter
Insta
Old 06-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #74
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Mistral liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Fat Roach View Post
Bought a pair of mistral 3 pants (lightly used) last season and really like them. Rode them.a.bunch with the liner in, kept me warm and dry. When spring time rolled around I took the liner out and noticed two tears along the inseam. Two small tears front and back. Is this something I could fix myself? Or possibly buy a new liner for the pants??

Thanks
Hey One Fat Roach -- glad you're liking the Mistral pants. If you're not able to sew the liner, send us a direct message with the size of the pants, and we can order you a new liner from Europe. May take a few weeks, but it's available!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-30-2014, 10:46 AM   #75
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 575
So I'm u in the middle of day 4 of back to back 500+ mile days, and would like to suggest removing the leather patches from the seat of the Sand 2. They are a source of a pressure point eventually.

If I remove them, is there the same fabric as the rest of the seat underneath, or will i be compromising the safety?

Also, when using the cooling vest insert in the Sand 2 jacket, am i supposed to not wear a shirt underneath?