Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 10:57 AM   #76
Cuchulainn
Y.Me

Oddometer: 25
Technical Question regarding repair

Hi.

I hope this is the proper type of "technical question," as it is definitely not a warranty one.

I have a pair of sand pants and have recently purchased a new bike. Not being used to the new bike, I have on 2 or 3 occasions, bumped the pants on the hot exhaust while backing the bike up at a primitive campsite. Something that I am doing while backing the bike up I need to be aware of and correct, but in the meantime it has left several burns at the bottom of the pant leg.

My question is this. Is this something that can be repaired? If so would I send it to you for repair? Or do you have a 3rd party company that you would recommend for repairing this kind of damage?

I love the pants, and they are definitely my "go to" pants for most occasions, so I would like to think I can get a few more years life out of them.

Thanks so much in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

- Sean
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #77
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hi Lee -- Take a look at this graphic (hopefully it's large enough) and let us know if that helps at all. Unfortunately we didn't print installation instructions... If it doesn't seem to be working, please let us know the exact model of neck brace you purchased and we'll get back to you.

Thanks. So, just the 3 attachment points is sufficient? That's about the way I have it (Moveo Extreme - same as the one in the pic), but I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be A) some connection point for the shoulder loops on the brace, and/or B) some purpose for the short straps included in the strap kit. As is, the brace flops around a bit when donning or removing the jacket - if there were a couple of attachment points on the shoulders that match the ones on the brace, it would hold the brace more securely and make it easier to put the jacket on / take it off with the brace attached.
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:00 PM   #78
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 64
Repairs to burns on the Sand pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
Hi.

I hope this is the proper type of "technical question," as it is definitely not a warranty one.

I have a pair of sand pants and have recently purchased a new bike. Not being used to the new bike, I have on 2 or 3 occasions, bumped the pants on the hot exhaust while backing the bike up at a primitive campsite. Something that I am doing while backing the bike up I need to be aware of and correct, but in the meantime it has left several burns at the bottom of the pant leg.

My question is this. Is this something that can be repaired? If so would I send it to you for repair? Or do you have a 3rd party company that you would recommend for repairing this kind of damage?

I love the pants, and they are definitely my "go to" pants for most occasions, so I would like to think I can get a few more years life out of them.

Thanks so much in advance for any help/advice you can offer.

- Sean
Hi Sean. Good news -- your pants can be fixed! We've used the company Rainy Pass (http://rainypass.com/) in the past and have always had good results. If for some reason they can't help you, we also use Anthony's Leatherworks (http://anthonysleatherworks.com/), who provide similarly excellent work. Either one should have the materials -- and if not, they'll get in touch with us directly, so you won't have to worry about that. Hope this helps -- and good luck!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #79
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Moveo straps

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Thanks. So, just the 3 attachment points is sufficient? That's about the way I have it (Moveo Extreme - same as the one in the pic), but I wasn't sure if there was supposed to be A) some connection point for the shoulder loops on the brace, and/or B) some purpose for the short straps included in the strap kit. As is, the brace flops around a bit when donning or removing the jacket - if there were a couple of attachment points on the shoulders that match the ones on the brace, it would hold the brace more securely and make it easier to put the jacket on / take it off with the brace attached.
Hey Lee. The three attachment points are sufficient. The shorter straps are for the Leatt brace; we only make one strap kit, so we include parts for either model. Will pass on your comments about the shoulder attachment points!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #80
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Hey Bruce -- We're very sorry about this zipper issue! (And thankfully, it's the first we've heard of this happening.) You're lucky to have such a handy wife.

This and the Velcro issue are definitely covered under your product warranty... We're trying to keep this forum strictly a place for technical questions and suggestions about the gear (and not step on the toes of other people in the company who have been employed specifically to deal with warranties), but we do have an easy system in place for handling all claims. Just contact your dealer (online or brick and mortar, the process is the same) and they'll walk you through it! If you need expedited handling, just let them know, and they'll make sure our guys get the message.

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
THanks, I'll give Revzilla a call Wednesday after I'm home.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:22 PM   #81
Cuchulainn
Y.Me

Oddometer: 25
Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions an...

Quote:
Hi Sean. Good news -- your pants can be fixed! We've used the company Rainy Pass (http://rainypass.com/) in the past and have always had good results. If for some reason they can't help you, we also use Anthony's Leatherworks (http://anthonysleatherworks.com/), who provide similarly excellent work. Either one should have the materials -- and if not, they'll get in touch with us directly, so you won't have to worry about that. Hope this helps -- and good luck!

Ride safe,

REV'IT!

It does thanks! I recalled after I wrote that, that I had a repair done to my Sand Jacket some years back and I was trying to recall who it was that did the work. Rainy pass was it.

However, Anthony Leatherworks sounds like an interesting option as I had been contemplating finding a place that might be able to stitch some leather panels to those areas as heat shielding to prevent or minimize further burns. I am not burning them badly each time, but the cumulative effect of 3 in pretty much the same area has taken its toll.

Thanks!!

- Sean

Cuchulainn screwed with this post 06-30-2014 at 06:23 PM Reason: run on sentance
Cuchulainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:25 AM   #82
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Panels on Sand 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
So I'm u in the middle of day 4 of back to back 500+ mile days, and would like to suggest removing the leather patches from the seat of the Sand 2. They are a source of a pressure point eventually.

If I remove them, is there the same fabric as the rest of the seat underneath, or will i be compromising the safety?

Also, when using the cooling vest insert in the Sand 2 jacket, am i supposed to not wear a shirt underneath?
Hi ChildLikeWonder, we will pass along your comments about the leather patches. They're meant for good grip, mostly in off-road situations, but maybe there is a different solution that would work better for touring, too. If you remove the patches you will find the same fabric as the rest of the seat -- just keep in mind, that you'll void the warranty on this part of the pants. (In other words, if you have an issue with a seam or something else in the seat of the pants, it won't be covered -- but if you experience an issue with an unrelated button or strap, we'll still cover that.)

As for the cooling vest, it's mostly a matter of personal preference on whether you wear a shirt underneath. We recommend for maximum cooling effect that you wear a wicking fabric, like our Oxygen base layer (http://www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FTU104), but you'll still feel the effect if you don't.

Safe travels,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta

REV'IT! screwed with this post 07-01-2014 at 12:48 PM
Old 07-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #83
Desertbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,068
I know you’re not soliciting product ideas, but I’m going to try to shoehorn one in. A few points:

A. Thanks for doing this thread; Real dialog is the best way to nurture a long-term relationship between a manufacturer and customers.

B. I’ve owned lots of Rev’it gear over the past several years. You’re my go-to manufacturer. My second vendor is Klim — I don’t mind paying their prices, if the equipment and service meets my needs, but it doesn’t very often.

C. I like the Euro cut (6’2”, 190 lbs, 34”W, 34”IS), Hi-Viz gear, and never use liners -- occasional rain and cool weather are very easy for me to manage.

D. I live in Phoenix, so am in mesh at least 9 months out of the year. I’ve had a Sirocco for the past several years and worn it down to the nub, touring around the west and southwest. I would really love to get an update/replacement for it. I know there’s the Levante, but it seems light on features, pockets and general tour-ability. A non-mesh doesn’t cut it — I have a Sand 2 which is fine under 90 degrees, but I spend a bunch of time between 90 and 110 degrees, and I want/need full mesh for that. The HV Tornado is nice, but I want 3/4 length, and more pockets for touring.

Thanks for listening.
Desertbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:01 AM   #84
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWA View Post
THanks, I'll give Revzilla a call Wednesday after I'm home.
My pants are on the way to Revzilla for warranty assessment. Excellent and rapid service by them!!
Old 07-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #85
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Hi ChildLikeWonder, we will pass along your comments about the leather patches. They're meant for good grip, mostly in off-road situations, but maybe there is a different solution that would work better for touring, too.
Since it is marketed to people on adventure bikes I would say it is unnecessary since you stand when off road anyway on the big adventure bikes. That said, a fix would just be to make the patches big enough that there is no point where the edge of the seat crosses the edge of the patch - it is that meeting point where the pressure point is.

My other suggestion would be to make the last 8 inches of the inside of the legs leather, so you don't burn a whole through them if you drop the bike off road.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #86
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,646
I really like my Sand2 Jacket! The fit is nice and snug all around, instead of bulging out in spots like my last "high quality" jacket (rhymes with Olympia)

Another shout for Revzilla's service here too. There was a small defect on my waterproof liner when I got it, with one piece of seam tape that was not adhered (about 2" of stitching showing). An email, and three days later, I had a new liner.

My QUESTION FOR REV'IT is...where is the hydration loop on the shoulder??
One of the reasons for getting this jacket was the ease of adding a bladder. Without the loop on the shoulder, it's not really gonna work. It's on the Revzilla video, but not on the jacket (nor can I see it in any pictures of the jackets).
Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #87
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
...My QUESTION FOR REV'IT is...where is the hydration loop on the shoulder??
One of the reasons for getting this jacket was the ease of adding a bladder. Without the loop on the shoulder, it's not really gonna work. It's on the Revzilla video, but not on the jacket (nor can I see it in any pictures of the jackets).
Had the same question... evidently they don't add it anymore. When I went back to the Revzilla video again, I thought they added a caption to say this(? - Can't check youtube now from work), but there's no mention of it in the text of the description, it's still says 'hydra bag prepared', and they'll still sell you the $70 Rev'It version of the USWE hydration bladder that you can buy for 1/2 that price. (BTW, the 1.2L one works just fine instead of the .5L.)

FWIW, I did a ride this past weekend and used the hydration bladder along with a Moveo neck brace. Since they also neglected to add shoulder connections for the Moveo (see my posts and Rev'It's replies above), I used a bit of Velcro through the now unused tab on the brace to create a loop for the tube. Worked out OK for the hydration bladder. If you're not using a neck brace, there's a small (tiny) loop on the collar where the tags were hung that you may be able to use to hook the tube to (I was going to try using a paperclip before attaching it direct to the neck brace).
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:05 AM   #88
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Had the same question... evidently they don't add it anymore. When I went back to the Revzilla video again, I thought they added a caption to say this(? - Can't check youtube now from work), but there's no mention of it in the text of the description, it's still says 'hydra bag prepared', and they'll still sell you the $70 Rev'It version of the USWE hydration bladder that you can buy for 1/2 that price. (BTW, the 1.2L one works just fine instead of the .5L.)

FWIW, I did a ride this past weekend and used the hydration bladder along with a Moveo neck brace. Since they also neglected to add shoulder connections for the Moveo (see my posts and Rev'It's replies above), I used a bit of Velcro through the now unused tab on the brace to create a loop for the tube. Worked out OK for the hydration bladder. If you're not using a neck brace, there's a small (tiny) loop on the collar where the tags were hung that you may be able to use to hook the tube to (I was going to try using a paperclip before attaching it direct to the neck brace).
I have no idea how I missed the giant "hydration loop no longer included" on the video. Seriously, I watched it at least 10 times!

I will just toss on my camelbak anyway. With a back protector in, my jacket fits comfortably snug, and with a bladder, it's too snug. Maybe I should've gone up a size, but I love the way it fits now.

(on sizing for anyone looking, I'm 6ft 240lbs with wide shoulders and a bit of a belly. 2XL is nicely snug everywhere. I don't ride cold weather much, so I won't be layering. Dianese Leather jacket = 56eu 46us. Aerostich Transition Jacket = 48 short. Olympia AST = XL, but was big. Hope that helps someone )
Old 07-04-2014, 02:28 AM   #89
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
You can put a small ziptie in the little loop that made it to the production jacket for the hydration bag hose.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #90
Wise Guy
Soitenly!

Oddometer: 68
Glove sizing question...

My palm circumference is 9", but most Rev'it size mediums are too long in the fingers. I tried on the Rev'it Striker glove in size medium however, and the fingers fit perfectly. I heard that the Striker model is more of a Euro fit, whereas many other Rev'it styles are more of an American fit.

Are there any other glove styles that share the same fit with the Striker?

I'm interested in the Dirt 2 gloves, but haven't found any locally to try on. Do you know if they fit more like the Striker (perfect for me), or more like the Sand Pro (too long for me)?

Thanks in advance.
Wise Guy is offline   Reply With Quote