Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 05:53 AM   #106
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
Any problem washing the outers in Tide? I find it gets things much cleaner than Tech Wash. I then spray with NikWax TX Direct.

Also, should I be spraying the liners with NikWax periodically as well?
Old 07-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #107
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Will TX-Direct 'enhance' the out layer's waterproofing at all (assuming a brand new garment)?

I was planning on just using a rain jacket when wearing my Sand 2 in heavy rain to keep the outer jacket from absorbing too much water, but realized that the rain jacket / Moveo brace combo doesn't really work.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:09 AM   #108
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 559
A new jacket? No. They have some sort of repellant on them when new it seems.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #109
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Back in June, I bought a pair of Sand 2 pants. There was a minor issue with the first pair I bought, but they were evidently the last pair in the country. I thought I was going to have to wait a while for the vendors to resupply, but the vendor and Rev'It worked to find me a pair (after 2 exchanges because the sizes were mis-labeled), so I had also bought a pair of Airwave pants in the meantime. Though I've been wearing the Sand 2 pants more often, I wore the Airwave pants for probably the 3rd time this past weekend. I was sitting at a BBQ when I happened to notice this:

Looks like I'll be making a warranty claim.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:34 AM   #110
KGBz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hi lmychajluk. You're definitely not the only one wondering about the back protectors. We're out of stock because we had to switch manufacturers rather suddenly and unexpectedly (due to issues on the manufacturer's side), and production came to a halt. We quickly started looking for an new manufacturer, but it took a bit of time and so now we're playing catch-up.

Fingers are crossed that we'll see something by late June or early July!
!
Any updates on this? I own a Sand 2 jacket and trousers and miss having back and hip protection.

-KGBz
KGBz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 06:14 AM   #111
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBz View Post
Any updates on this? I own a Sand 2 jacket and trousers and miss having back and hip protection.
I grabbed one from Revzilla last week, but they're showing as out of stock again. You should put yourself on the notification lists that some of the vendors provide.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #112
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 52
Wash and waterproofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
Any problem washing the outers in Tide? I find it gets things much cleaner than Tech Wash. I then spray with NikWax TX Direct.

Also, should I be spraying the liners with NikWax periodically as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Will TX-Direct 'enhance' the out layer's waterproofing at all (assuming a brand new garment)?

I was planning on just using a rain jacket when wearing my Sand 2 in heavy rain to keep the outer jacket from absorbing too much water, but realized that the rain jacket / Moveo brace combo doesn't really work.
ChildlikeWonder, our official recommendation is Tech Wash. Personally, I have used Tide with good results, but just know that you're proceeding at your own risk if you do so!

lmychajluk, our Sand 2 jacket is coated with an in-house water repellent we call DWR. Until you notice this is starting to lose its effectiveness, the TX-Direct won't add much in the way of waterproofing.
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #113
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Seesoft availability

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBz View Post
Quote:
I grabbed one from Revzilla last week, but they're showing as out of stock again. You should put yourself on the notification lists that some of the vendors provide.
KGBz -- lmychajluk is right. The first re-stock shipment already went out (and has likely already sold out at dealers). I'd recommend calling a dealer and putting an order in now, so that you've got a better shot when the next shipment arrives end of August/early September.

Quote:
Back in June, I bought a pair of Sand 2 pants. There was a minor issue with the first pair I bought, but they were evidently the last pair in the country. I thought I was going to have to wait a while for the vendors to resupply, but the vendor and Rev'It worked to find me a pair (after 2 exchanges because the sizes were mis-labeled), so I had also bought a pair of Airwave pants in the meantime. Though I've been wearing the Sand 2 pants more often, I wore the Airwave pants for probably the 3rd time this past weekend. I was sitting at a BBQ when I happened to notice this:

Looks like I'll be making a warranty claim.
Sorry to hear! We'll keep our eyes out and get you stitched up as soon as we can.

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 08-27-2014, 09:40 AM   #114
shaweetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Always nice to see tall sizes in gear. However, at 6"3 with a 32" inseam and 33" waist I need tall sizes in jackets, rather than pants. Would love to see a few tall options, even if on limited models and colours. Long arms and body cuts out huge swathes of gear options for me, so any additional choice is welcome.

I thought the Dutch were tall and skinny too

CONFIRMED, at least the tall part:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Templat...ound_the_world

Netherlands 183.8 cm (6 ft 1⁄2 in) 170.7 cm (5 ft 7 in) N/A −21 N/A Measured 2009 [65]
Netherlands 180.8 cm (5 ft 11 in) 167.5 cm (5 ft 6 in) 1.08 20+ 92.6% Self-reported 2010 [66][2][67]
Netherlands 183.2 cm (6 ft 0 in) 169.9 cm (5 ft 7 in) 1.08 2030 N/A Self-reported 2010 [66]

I guess you are not designing for the home market :-(

In other news, I love the understated styling of the Fly gloves. My well-worn XXLs are a shade tight. XXXLs are too big. Alas.
shaweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #115
Fern-
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Sand II ladies jacket- why no camel back and neck brace straps?

Women don't just sit on the back of bikes, we do our own adventure riding you know!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:38 PM   #116
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,180
OK you REV'IT folks. I like your site. Have ordered from you on several occasions.

Here's the challenge (no ice buckets involved)

While I am a US 40 Long, I have stupid long arms (my dress shirt is 36/37) and my pants are 32 waist 36 inseam. I ride a sport-touring BMW and a Ducati Supersport.

Can you find me a 2 piece suit? (that doesn't ride up over my boot tops when my feet are on the pegs or ride up my arms when I reach for the bars)

John
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #117
shaweetz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Tall'it: coming spring 2015?
shaweetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #118
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,014
Zipper on Wrong Side

I really don't like the zipper, feels like it's a girls garment, or for a left handed person. I like the Poseidon, I just have to get use to the backwards zipper.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #119
MrChuffy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Tall inseams are really too short...

I own a pair of Sand 2 pants in L tall. The reason I got L is to get a reasonable (but still too short) inseam. Id really like to understand the logic in how you all decide on sizes. Im tall and thin but your sizing seems to assume tall and fat. So, in order to get an inseam that fits I must buy what amounts to a tent. It makes finding moto clothes really challenging...
MrChuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:38 AM   #120
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

For the tall guys in the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaweetz View Post
Always nice to see tall sizes in gear. However, at 6"3 with a 32" inseam and 33" waist I need tall sizes in jackets, rather than pants. Would love to see a few tall options, even if on limited models and colours. Long arms and body cuts out huge swathes of gear options for me, so any additional choice is welcome.

I thought the Dutch were tall and skinny too

I guess you are not designing for the home market :-(

In other news, I love the understated styling of the Fly gloves. My well-worn XXLs are a shade tight. XXXLs are too big. Alas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaweetz View Post
Tall'it: coming spring 2015?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChuffy View Post
I own a pair of Sand 2 pants in L tall. The reason I got L is to get a reasonable (but still too short) inseam. Id really like to understand the logic in how you all decide on sizes. Im tall and thin but your sizing seems to assume tall and fat. So, in order to get an inseam that fits I must buy what amounts to a tent. It makes finding moto clothes really challenging...
Shaweetz, we hear you loud and clear, and we will make sure your request gets in front of our product team. Other people have asked for this too, and while it's very, very difficult to produce the jackets in long sizes because of their technical nature, if enough people are asking for it perhaps we'll see a solution one day!

And to both you and MrChuffy, the logic behind our sizing is simply to find the fit that works for the majority of our consumers. We've added short and long sizes to try and accommodate a bit more of the size spectrum, but we have nowhere near the flexibility of a brand like Levis, for example, who can produce products for almost every body type on the planet. Motorcycle gear is still a relatively niche market in comparison to the overall clothing market, and if we were to produce pants in, say, long and short (slim), long and short (standard) and long and short (husky) to try and satisfy all our customers, the pricing would be astronomical and then we'd spend our days answering forum questions as to why our products are so exorbitantly expensive.

The solution -- and this is why we are employed -- is to grow the overall motorcycle market so that we can produce in larger and more varied quantities. It's a work in progress!

Hope this sheds a little light on things... Thanks for wearing REV'IT!, and ride safe.

Best,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta