ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #31
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
all I have is the 640A now, on the fence for the A or B loop, but leaning to the B.
so you had one of them ATKs?...probly the first adult bike Ive ridden...I wanted to buy one I found on CL a couple monthes ago.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #32
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

would anyone in the PHX area be interested in splitting the costs and trailering up?
Old 06-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #33
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,068
I may

I am working on my schedule to go up and I will be taking my truck and trailer. You could jump on if you want.
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:58 PM   #34
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
I am working on my schedule to go up and I will be taking my truck and trailer. You could jump on if you want.
Hhhmm. Ill see if that could work. Yer in north phx right?
Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #35
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,068
Yep

Closest major cross streets are Lake Pleasant and Happy Valley. You could ride it right on the trailer and jump in the truck.
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #36
kbblue OP
mmmm... dirt...

Oddometer: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkgd View Post
Any updates on recommended campgrounds? If my wife doesn't tag along, definitely would rather camp.
TIA
Depends on the kind of camping you want to do. Flagstaff is surrounded by national forest so there's lots of primitive camping. Some real nice spots on NF522 off Snowbowl Road which is off 180 nw of Flag. There's about 15 numbered spots that are first come first served I think. Lots of other areas off 180 like NF164 or up Schultz Pass Rd. Or SW of town off Woody Mountain Road south of route 66. Or off Lake Mary road that heads SSE out of town. There's some campground kind of places that have tent camping on route 66 on the west side of town. Went by one at the corner of route 66 and Woody Mountain Rd on the way to build trail on National Trail Day. Not sure if it's any good or not but looked ok. One next to that called Wild Bill or something like that too. I'm sure there's others since that's a major activity in this area. The CTR site has a pointer to a Flagstaff site with info too.

kbblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:15 PM   #37
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Just signed up.
Now to figure out where to stay. I don't know what bike I will be taking either. So much to do so little time.
ybracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #38
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,312
Take your pick:
https://www.google.com/search?q=flag...x-a&channel=sb
Old 06-19-2014, 12:20 AM   #39
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Sandwash. I have ridden up there a few times and it is nice to ride in the trees for a change. Not to mention the cooler temperatures.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 PM   #40
kbblue OP
mmmm... dirt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybracing View Post
Just signed up.
Now to figure out where to stay. I don't know what bike I will be taking either. So much to do so little time.
Awesome! I don't remember if we've ridden together or not. I think so. Might have been one of Nightstalkers BBF. If you like single track bring the small bike and do the A or B. Or, bring a trailer and do a different type each day!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:34 AM   #41
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

My small bike is not plated for the road so I am leaning towards the 525 which will put me on the B ride because of the 6.6 gallon tank unless you think I could get away with the small bike. I'm not worried about leo, just the organizers getting into trouble or giving me trouble.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #42
4play
Next?

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
My small bike is not plated for the road so I am leaning towards the 525 which will put me on the B ride because of the 6.6 gallon tank unless you think I could get away with the small bike. I'm not worried about leo, just the organizers getting into trouble or giving me trouble.
Richard could ride the A on his 950 if he felt like it, or if somebody said he couldn't
Old 06-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #43
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
I don't think it's possible. ;-)

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #44
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4play View Post
Richard could ride the A on his 950 if he felt like it, or if somebody said he couldn't
Naw, I'm afraid to take the 525 on the A ride. Look at the stuff we ended up in the last time you and I rode. Nothing like walking down the boulder field carrying your bike. Let's see, something easy like a D- route?
Old 06-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #45
kbblue OP
mmmm... dirt...

Quote:
Probably not a good idea to go with the non-plated bike. They seem pretty lenient on bikes around here, but we are starting in town and LEO may have an eye out for the event. The A and B routes will share quite a bit with the A taking off to some of the tougher stuff and then the routes coming back together. So can kind of pick which sections you want to skip.