ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Today, 01:23 PM   #1
john san OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
1190 High Beam Question

I just replaced the stock headlight bulbs with the Cyclops LEDs - excellent upgrade for $150. Much brighter and better color temp to match the LED running lights. I just can't remember if the low beam is on the bottom or the top - paranoid that I swapped the plugs. Pretty sure I have it right, but can anyone confirm that low beam is the lower light and high is the upper one? Thanks!
john san is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:50 PM   #2
ZeZeZoom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
John, the low beam bulb is the higher placed one; the high beam is the lower placed.
ZeZeZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:10 PM   #3
NewToMe
safety 3rd

Oddometer: 523
Yes high is low and low is high.
I mounted my resistors using zip ties, with the aluminum plates under the plastic and resistors sticking up into the opening at the bottom of the headlight bucket. Seemed like a better option to get rid of more heat. I am planning to swap things around and mount a real heat sink for the resistors.
And what about that new mass of wire? Bulky! I need to rearrange things in there, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NewToMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:59 PM   #4
john san OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks guys! Now that it's night time it is easy to see that I have it correct when I test them out. For some reason it just looked wrong to me that the upper light was lit for the low beam. I should have made note of it before I pulled apart the bucket but I guess I was just too much in a hurry to get them installed.

Yes, it is bulky and crowded in there with the extra connectors and resistors, but it was still pretty easy to get the bucket back in without too much fuss. That's a good idea to mount the resistors underneath the plastic for better cooling. I put them in the recommended location but used double-sided tape. I may move them around for better cooling as well in the springtime.
john san is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:15 PM   #5
Sparc145
'14 1190 ADV

Oddometer: 74
Just did this myself, and had to make sure I had the right light as well. Just so you know, the low will have a wide, hard cutoff, and the high beam will be more narrow with a weaker cutoff.

Also, make sure you adjust the angle of the headlight per the manual, mine were way off after changing the bulbs.
Sparc145 is offline   Reply With Quote