Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #61
Womble_CH
dribbling baboon

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeV View Post
He has informed me that within two weeks KTM Australia is sending letters to all 1190 owners informing them that they will supply Unifilters at their cost, for all bikes including the R model.
I fitted the Unifilter right after the first 1tkm service. I don't mind the money or time spent to fit the filter.

All I really want is KTM to accept and admit the Unifilter as a valid third party solution that won't void my warranty.
Womble_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #62
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyamkaw View Post
that's australian $.
$76.09 us
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #63
fifty502
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I agree... Looking to pick up the 2015 and want to put a uni on befor its out the door.... but shop said it voids the warranty? just plain crazy
fifty502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #64
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer

ride it home install the new filter, if you have any warranty issues put the stock one back in before taking it to the dealer. problem solved.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #65
2wheelfool
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Thanks to all for the advice and contact info....I will pursue.

Just got a call from the KTM dealer...the KTM suggested airfilter is $120.
2wheelfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #66
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,172
I get this

But why the fuck should we have to do this in the first place. I love working on bikes and pulling the tank is a lovely relaxing am with a cup of coffee. The point is the air box sucks and if people just say screw it and drop in a filter that fixes a problem Ktm should fix nothing will ever get done.

QUOTE=Black Hills;24118012]ride it home install the new filter, if you have any warranty issues put the stock one back in before taking it to the dealer. problem solved.[/QUOTE]
ebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #67
Black Hills
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
But why the fuck should we have to do this in the first place. I love working on bikes and pulling the tank is a lovely relaxing am with a cup of coffee. The point is the air box sucks and if people just say screw it and drop in a filter that fixes a problem Ktm should fix nothing will ever get done.

QUOTE=Black Hills;24118012]ride it home install the new filter, if you have any warranty issues put the stock one back in before taking it to the dealer. problem solved.
[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I would rather fix it myself and ride than wait for some corporation to come up with a solution.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #68
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,172
Oh hell yes

Mine is done already. I'm still going to call and email to get shit going. It's just wrong
ebrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:58 AM   #69
Krap To Maintain

Oddometer: 188

Sell it before its worth jack shit. I did, mate of mine told me I was mad, Ktm are replacing water pump, oil pump and pistons and rings on he's one....

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv
990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #70
chadscamaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
My leakdown test was very bad so the dealer is pulling my motor to further inspect and figure out if rebuilding is an option or new engine. Im obv pulling for new engine if its rebuilt there better be extra warranty. Im now wondering just how much dirt the bike inhaled with only having 1800 miles and maybe 600-700 were off paved road. Not happy but dealer is going to see how things look once torn down per ktms instructions. I have a feeling they are going to go through this process a lot! Already told dealer he better sell a uni kit to every 1190 buyer. What a mess!!
chadscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:18 PM   #71
2wdrift OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadscamaro View Post
My leakdown test was very bad so the dealer is pulling my motor to further inspect and figure out if rebuilding is an option or new engine. Im obv pulling for new engine if its rebuilt there better be extra warranty. Im now wondering just how much dirt the bike inhaled with only having 1800 miles and maybe 600-700 were off paved road. Not happy but dealer is going to see how things look once torn down per ktms instructions. I have a feeling they are going to go through this process a lot! Already told dealer he better sell a uni kit to every 1190 buyer. What a mess!!

On my motor I have around 6000 miles or 10000 km of very dusty riding on many dirt roads so I dont even want to know how my motor looks on the inside. Riding to the dealership tomorrow because they have not contacted me since monday when I dropped the bike off. Getting fed up with this dealership now
2wdrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:21 PM   #72
Scro
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Use oil analysis to check if your air filter is letting dust into the engine. If it has you will have proof to show KTM and if not you will sleep better at night.

I've used Blackstone (USA) for years for my diesel trucks. Peace of mind for $25.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/standard-analysis.php
Scro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:14 PM   #73
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 504
I put the Uni filter on tonight. The inside of the airbox was pretty dusty, along with the throttle bodies. Not as bad as some on here, but I just picked up the bike 3 weeks ago. 700 miles, and one dirt ride of about 60 miles last weekend. That was a really dusty ride.
I'm convinced after seeing mine the problem was not fixed from earlier versions.
And what a PITA getting to the air filter. After owning KTM's for past 12 years, I expect easier access to the air filter from them. They always set the bar for quick air filter changes in the past. The 950 was a PITA too, I think the 1190 might be worse.
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #74
chadscamaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
If it was really dusty and inside had a coating of dust you may want to at least make dealer aware. Mine only has 1800 miles less than half off road and only 1 really dusty 2 day 550 mile trip with about 150 or so miles of dusty roads and my engine will be out of my bike tomorrow for KTM to figure out the next step because its toast!
chadscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #75
OrangeV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 384
Hey Guys

May i suggest to you if you are replacing the air filter yourself, that you take comprehensive photos of the box and everyhting else.
Set the camera so it shows the date and time.
This will give you some leverage if any asswipes want to give you hard time. Its just a thought...

My filter is being installed by the dealer today.
I will report later...