Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #976
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWhaler View Post
I continue to hunt for an e-mail address.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Official.KTM
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KTMUSA
I haven't finished reading this whole thread. But I do have KTM's email address.

KTM Customer Service
ktmcs@ktmnorthamerica.com
Old 08-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #977
MarchHare
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
https://www.facebook.com/RottweilerPerformance?ref=hl

Result!

Rottweiler time.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #978
NotiersFrontiers
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Mine bends in the middle as pictured below, 3 emails to Powercell with detailed pictures and reaching out for support with no reply back as of yet on day 3 after the original email.. i am fully aware the pre filter goes in there as well, but it doesn't cover all the way down to where the filter kinks under the pressure of clasping it shut..
I feel as if i traded a faulty stock filter for a faulty aftermarket filter.. I don't know if i just got a defective one or what..
Customer service isn't so good…

-Ken is very informative and I have read multiple post of his, this in this isn't a knock against him or his credibility.. I'm just giving honest feedback of a product and service from Powercell.. many people's comments suggest a Uni is the way to go, i just wished it magically solved my problems as it has for so many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCell View Post
OK guys, as you know I'm a big fan of the new 1190. And as a long time inmate, I'm constantly looking for ways to help the community enjoy their bikes. Some people have complained about the cost of the Uni-Filter kit. Others have said the snorkel filters rob the bike of power and can even split over time. Well, working closely with Uni-Filter of Australia, I've decided to address both of these issues. We now have the latest model Uni-Filter in stock, packaged without the intake snorkel filters. And to help those who travel long days in very dusty conditions, we've even included a 2nd pre-filter!

Saving the best part for last, we want everyone to be able to afford this vital protection... so we're offing this specially packaged kit for only $49.95! It's called the PowerCell Performance Off-Road Uni-Filter kit and we have plenty in-stock.

I know this seems like a big ol' ad... and the admin can delete it if they like... but we just want to give something back to the members here on a issue that we feel should not be ignored a moment longer.

Regards ~ Ken
Attached Images

NotiersFrontiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #979
PowerCell
Manufacture

Oddometer: 2,219
Hey Frontiers, this is the first I've heard anything about you having a problem... haven't received a single e-mail. What address are you writing to? Did you buy this from PowerCell, direct from Uni-Filter or from another source? Looking at your picture I can't clearly see what's kinking, but the pre-filter does fit snuggly within the main filter and it's required for the filter to fit properly.

Regards ~ Ken

www.powercellperformance.com

PowerCell screwed with this post 08-27-2014 at 11:01 PM
PowerCell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:09 PM   #980
Yellow Pig
Allergic to Asphalt!

Oddometer: 7,069
Strong result out of the Rottweiler setup:

Old 08-27-2014, 05:04 PM   #981
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,274

On the list :)
Uni going by by with crap air box. Oh wait there is nothing wrong with the air box
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:09 PM   #982
Bgrdwhlr
Upset 1190 adv *****

Oddometer: 15
Is it very water resistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider.deano View Post
Real Nice!

BTW, I got the Unifilter installed at 1200 miles. No dust behind the oem filter.

Tapatalk response filtered through the NSA.
How will that be for serious water splashing?
Bgrdwhlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #983
Igotthis
So Close...

Oddometer: 48
The Rottweiler setup is nice, just odd that thy are only replacing the rear intake. Or you can cut the stock one down....
Igotthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #984
Bluesilver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotthis View Post
The Rottweiler setup is nice, just odd that thy are only replacing the rear intake. Or you can cut the stock one down....
Would not cut the stock Stack and if I remember correctly, RotW went lower stack due to the fitment of their top filter unit. You can switch to the shorter stacks they now sell but it will rob you of mid range and give you more on topend power, this is why so many Superbikes run adjustable velocity stacks now, the length changes power delivery. I've seen it work when I fitted YEARS ago Factory Pro Velocity stacks to my R1 race bike, dyno print out was amazing...mid range on longer stacks had a HUGE gain.
Bluesilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 AM   #985
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,274
Question Does not

Look like it took any mid power away
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #986
Englishmatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Just another data point...

Got my UNI KIT from Powercell today (thank you). Cracked the airbox on my '14 1190R ~ 1,500 miles. 100% dust free. That said, I would expect that to be the case with only ~1,500 miles.

I installed the UNI kit anyway.

Matt.

"I can't lead, I go too fast..." Scott Hinkle, 4/2010
Englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #987
youngblood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 353
Received my uni from PowerCell today as well. Nice and fast shipping... well done!

2014 KTM Adv 1190R
2007 KTM Adv 990S Dakar 7k miles FOR SALE
2005 KTM 525 SX Supermoto/Rally
2002 KTM LC4 Supermoto (old GumbyDave-mobile)
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #988
JBird
Retriever

Oddometer: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Received my uni from PowerCell today as well. Nice and fast shipping... well done!
+1

Ordered my 1st one direct from Australia - way faster and cheaper from PowerCell - thanks Ken!
'08 Goldwing
'98 Golden Retriever
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #989
Bgrdwhlr
Upset 1190 adv *****

Oddometer: 15
KTM went to bat for me

So squeaky wheel gets the grease. Bike is in there with 1600 miles for leaking right side cover like others. They also warrantied the head bearings that were already loose. ( be careful if yours is loosening up.) Mine were loose at 1500 miles. And now I bitched about the dirt in the intake from just street riding and now KTM paying for new DNA off road filter and all the costs for install. I still wont trust that filter, and installing my new UNI, but now at least there aware and its noted on the history of the bike. WOO HOO now at least they are making people aware and KTM stepping up for us here in Oregon.
Bgrdwhlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:58 PM   #990
wilmar13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 518
I think the Unifilter probably offers the best protection, but I just wasn't happy with the power loss. I bought another one and installed only main filter element: no socks or pre-filter, and RTV lids instead of foam gasket(don't like the additional height or possibility of foam breaking off and getting sucked into TB's) I even squeezed all the oil out of it that I could, but it definitely had weaker throttle response, which was far more noticeable than the ~5whp peak loss.

I'm now running the DNA, and it is much better. As long as you seal the lids around clean side area with copious grease or preferably RTV, it should be good to go. Time will tell.

I think the foam element just has too much restriction for the small opening in the stock airbox. Removing the airbox altogether and having one large foam filter obviously negates this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk