Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #16
Herman1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
The triangle is not needed on bikes and the breathalizer was never made law, only a proposal but everyone jumped on the 'you must have bandwagon' Speeding is the biggest thing at present in most of Europe and if stopped then they may have a look to see if they can increase the fine a bit for other misdemeanour's. Generally if you slow down for urban areas and stop for red lights then you will be fine. Most contact I get from the French Police on these is a wave and nod
Herman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #17
Berin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by XC Rider View Post
While talking about safety gear that "motorists" must carry, along with the fluorescent vest type of thing, do I need to have a safety triangle as well?

No triangle needed, also no breathalyser needed. Hi viz jacket is required. If you're going to Spain no headphones that are connected to the bike, and in France no speed camera warnings on your GPS. If you're going far, the DB Autozug is a great way to get from Northern Europe to Southern Europe overnight. Have a great trip!
Berin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #18
scubabiker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
oh while i remember, its the law up here to have your lights on all the time, i think the same applies to sweden and finland too?
Old 05-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #19
XC Rider OP
Motorcycle Vagabond

Oddometer: 2,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berin View Post
No triangle needed, also no breathalyser needed. Hi viz jacket is required. If you're going to Spain no headphones that are connected to the bike, and in France no speed camera warnings on your GPS. If you're going far, the DB Autozug is a great way to get from Northern Europe to Southern Europe overnight. Have a great trip!
Thanks for the info! It's good to know that I won't have to lug around a safety triangle. Space is always at a premium when traveling on 2 wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabiker View Post
oh while i remember, its the law up here to have your lights on all the time, i think the same applies to sweden and finland too?
Good to know. Luckily my bike is a relatively new one, and I have not installed a light interrupter switch, so the main headlight comes on with the ignition.

On a general note, I'm just trying to finish up with work (just over a week to go) and tie up all loose ends with regards to the upcoming trip. I'm heading out this weekend for a big campout with friends here in the USA (check out the link HERE). Next week will be all about packing and sending some gear ahead of me to Herman1. Then on June 8th I fly out from Virginia, USA! I'll be getting a Ride Report started next week, as well as a general "I'm coming through your city, wanna grab a pint?" Thanks for all the info and help so far, and I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Cheers!
SpotWalla: WHERE IS XC RIDER!?
XC Rider is online now   Reply With Quote