See link in sig for best ktm shop ever.
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Life is too short to crash on a bike you don't respect
chippertheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
RobZorba
RobZorba

Oddometer: 393
Sorry inmates in USA get a rough deal and bad support from your KTM dealers, there's obviously something going very wrong at KTM USA. They badly need to invest in better infrastructure, more dealers and better training for the dealers.

The customer satisfaction index for KTM in Europe is much higher, with tractor manufacturers near the bottom :-)

Anyway, can I offer a suggestion? USA inmates should use this forum to "get together" a petition to send to KTM USA HQ, inviting a meeting where owners can express their concerns, and KTM USA given a chance to respond to address the concerns?

If the French owners can do it, and achieve an extra 1 year warranty, what can you guys do when you take collective action?
Old 05-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 534
All American KTM in Ramona, Ca gets an "A" from me. They know their bikes and customers - plus parts are usually less then a week away unless it's in stock which is often.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #5
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
local dealer is getting better, slowly. I don't think KTM is a big line for them so they don't put much effort into it. They wouldn't even sell me a 990 when I was looking a few years ago, said they only sell dirtbikes?
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:08 PM   #6
vintagevp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Motocity

Motocity AZ does a great job. Small family owned shop regularly outsells all of the larger KTM shops in the valley. They are consistently one of the top selling KTM stores in the west. They get customer service and how to compete with the large auto dealer owned shops in Phoenix.
vintagevp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #7
TexaNate
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
But KTM has the biggest year-on-year increase!

Does anybody know a decent KTM dealer in or near Houston? My dad had a nightmarish experience dealing with a few who didn't know what they were doing at all. Like, stripped the tranny oil check screw. I thought he was full of crap until I had them change a tire on my WR250R and they put the wheel spacers in backwards it seems like all they sell are sportbikes, Harleys and the occasional MX bike - everything else is completely foreign to them.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:01 PM   #8
Black Hills
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,065
I saw another set of numbers that said Yamaha was #1 ?? V
Black Hills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #9
advrockrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
agree

+1on all american ktm in ramona, ca. Awesome service and good prices.Carson city Nevada checkout CMS KTM, good service and a nice place to shop.
advrockrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:25 AM   #10
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 818
Only replying to this because I have an Aprilia. Even though im in OZ, I often get my parts from AF1 Racing out of Texas USA.
There service is brillant. They host an awesome forum and thru this they get world wide business.
Some one selling KTM could replicate this im sure. After all, im sure there are more Kato buying public around than Aprilia buyers.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:25 AM   #11
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
All American KTM in Ramona, Ca gets an "A" from me. They know their bikes and customers - plus parts are usually less then a week away unless it's in stock which is often.
All American KTM, Ramona CA.

Small town family owned shop, staffed by riders and racers, and hands down the best place for all things KTM in SoCal.

Great customer service, very smart mechanic, good shop, and all around good dealer. I wouldn't buy a bike from anyone else. And, if I have to use a shop, I can leave my bike there and know that the work will be done right every single time, and I won't get screwed.

In contrast, the big SoCal one stop "moto-mart" dealers just piss me off. I will not do business with them even if I can save money.

crashmaster screwed with this post 05-06-2014 at 05:31 AM
crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:55 AM   #12
SpeedyR
SE in the SE

Oddometer: 791
if you read the actual article, it's not a very good comparison of dealerships. some of their main criteria were things like test rides (great!), writing up sales, getting customer contact information, etc.

Pied Piper is only there to measure the "effectiveness of the dealers sales process". It has nothing to do with service, warranty, quality, etc. So I wouldn't bother to read too much into the rankings, unless you are a shop owner and want to know why another local shop is making more sales than you. :)

Lots of the "criteria" didn't have anything to do with what I consider makes a great dealer which is product knowledge, friendly attitude, inventory, etc. etc.

http://www.piedpiperpsi.com/

overall, most of the KTM dealers in the south east are very good, but in the future they will need to focus on more street oriented dealers if they want to have an impact in that market. Most of the "hard core" dealers are big off road dealers, and not quite up to speed on the street stuff. but they are making progress.
SpeedyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:11 AM   #13
Dan Diego
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afry View Post
Amen to that, brother. +1

Triumph Rocket III Touring, KTM 990 ADV
Dan Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #14
rigwrecker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I wonder how the chart would have looked if all of NA were in included and not just the USA. Just sucks that KTM is in the basement...

I wouldn't read too much into it though, as SpeedyR posted:

"it's not a very good comparison of dealerships. some of their main criteria were things like test rides (great!), writing up sales, getting customer contact information, etc.

Pied Piper is only there to measure the "effectiveness of the dealers sales process". It has nothing to do with service, warranty, quality, etc. So I wouldn't bother to read too much into the rankings, unless you are a shop owner and want to know why another local shop is making more sales than you. :)

Lots of the "criteria" didn't have anything to do with what I consider makes a great dealer which is product knowledge, friendly attitude, inventory, etc. etc."
rigwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #15
HeatXfer
Bad knees

Oddometer: 595
I'd like to add the "A" list Moore & Sons Motorcycles in Santa Cruz, Ca. They've been around for 45yrs, have a very loyal customer base. Call 'em, they'll do damn near anything to make sure your bike and experience are at peak performance. Just do a Google search and start reading the reviews. Highly recommended and worth the trip from anywhere in the SF & South Bay Area.

HeatXfer screwed with this post 05-06-2014 at 09:18 AM
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote