Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
m25443 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Question 1190 Adv - Best product for these mods?

I'm looking for a few mods and have found a ton of help here. Questions that I have not been able to find an answer for are:

1. What are the best exhaust options to eliminate the cat? I see a lot of comments about the muffler/can options, but not much on the replacement of the header (between the cylinders and the can).

2. After removing the cat with a more free flowing exhaust, and a uni air filter, can anyone provide some insight on maps for a Power Commander V? Anyone using a 2 channel Autotune and have some suggestions from their experiences with it (I've only used 1 single channel previously).

3. Is there anything out there to clean up that tail light section hanging down? Most bikes have option for a fender eliminator / tidy tail.

4. Has anyone tried that fork mounted led light that is available from a couple of manufacturers? Like the BDCW Fork Light Package? Pros and cons???

Thanks,
-Mike

m25443 screwed with this post 05-06-2014 at 11:47 PM Reason: make title more informative
m25443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:14 AM   #2
SCflyer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,536
[QUOTE=m25443;24107748]I'm looking for a few mods and have found a ton of help here. Questions that I have not been able to find an answer for are:

1. What are the best exhaust options to eliminate the cat? I see a lot of comments about the muffler/can options, but not much on the replacement of the header (between the cylinders and the can). I think both Arrow and Remus make headers for these bikes.

2. After removing the cat with a more free flowing exhaust, and a uni air filter, can anyone provide some insight on maps for a Power Commander V? Anyone using a 2 channel Autotune and have some suggestions from their experiences with it (I've only used 1 single channel previously). Haven't seen where anyone has anything available yet. A lot of electronic adjustability to integrate with on the modes.

4. Has anyone tried that fork mounted led light that is available from a couple of manufacturers? Like the BDCW Fork Light Package? Pros and cons??? I have the BDCW light on my standard. I would recommend putting it on when you have the bike torn down for a clean easier install. I chose not to wire mine to the highbeam so you either get used to turning it off for traffic with another switch or set it up to point lower. It does put out a good amount of light though and you can easily cut a 10" amber lens cover to fit and have a fog light as well. I used a PIAA harness from them and powered it from the rear ACC switches but many have used what's up front.

Old 05-07-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,005
Quote:
Originally Posted by m25443 View Post

3. Is there anything out there to clean up that tail light section hanging down? Most bikes have option for a fender eliminator / tidy tail.

4. Has anyone tried that fork mounted led light that is available from a couple of manufacturers? Like the BDCW Fork Light Package? Pros and cons???

Thanks,
-Mike
You need to take the rear plastic apart before thinking about replacing what's back there.

Here's what I did for LED AUX lights.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote