ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #1
Free Spirit OP
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 3
riding my BM from WI to FL in June looking for Company

I'm riding my BMW F GS 650 next month from Denver CO to Wisconsin along the great Lakes down to FL.
I have to be in Miami the last week of June. So anybody who likes to join me some off the way would be spectacular !
I'm 39 years old female and originally from Germany.
Also anyone who can let me pitch a tent along the way would be awesome !

Free Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
FirstPath
Beastly Adventurer
 
FirstPath's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Formerly Shoreview, MN
Oddometer: 2,115
If you can post a proposed route and some expected dates to be in certain areas perhaps some folks will hook up and ride with you at least part of the route. Have fun and save travels!!
__________________
Scott
'12 DR650
FirstPath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #3
propforward
Known Serial Hugger
 
propforward's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Central Minnesota
Oddometer: 12,074
Absolutely. Let us know, I can certainly host you in Mn (more mid mn) if you are coming this way.

We're a friendly bunch around here, even that lot in Wi are good peeps.

__________________
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes, the reason is that you are stupid, and make bad decisions.
propforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
C Squared
Now with TURBO!
 
C Squared's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: FDL WI.
Oddometer: 6,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by propforward View Post
Absolutely. Let us know, I can certainly host you in Mn (more mid mn) if you are coming this way.

We're a friendly bunch around here, even that lot in Wi are good peeps.

Yup, as one of the Wisconsin "lot"...

I could also host you if you end up near Fond du Lac, WI.

Depending on when or where you end up....
If it is near us folks over here we could probably arrange a meet and greet around your visit also?
__________________
I can explain it to you, but, I can't understand it for you.
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #5
propforward
Known Serial Hugger
 
propforward's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Central Minnesota
Oddometer: 12,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Squared View Post
If it is near us folks over here we could probably arrange a meet and greet around your visit also?
See what I mean? Lovely peeps.

The Mn meet and greet will be better than the Wi one, but that Wi lot make a really good effort.
__________________
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes, the reason is that you are stupid, and make bad decisions.
propforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
Bultaco206
Back-to-back motos suck
 
Bultaco206's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Mineral Point, WI
Oddometer: 1,869
__________________
'07 DL650, '06 DR650, '06 KLX351, '97 DR350, '83 XR350R (vintage GP racer), '74 Bultaco Alpina (trials)
Bultaco206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #7
Merckx the Cannibal
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Palm Beach County, Fla.
Oddometer: 91
Set aside money in your budget to stay in a motel once you get to Florida. In late June, it's too hot and buggy to stay in a tent.

I'd offer a place, but:
a) I'm only two hours from your destination, and
b) In-laws might still be visiting (our son is about to graduate from high school and my wife's family is visiting).

It'll be a fun ride!
Merckx the Cannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #8
LumpyOne
Gnarly Adventurer
 
LumpyOne's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: WestSconnie
Oddometer: 295
Wish I could join you but work obligations. We do have a spare room and a garage full of tools on the MN/WI border. Good luck and PM if you need anything.
LumpyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 03:37 AM   #9
Condolini
Fountain of useless info
 
Condolini's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Oddometer: 2,064
Madison, WI space available if you're not anti-dog.
Condolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #10
warriorcole
n00b sch00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham Al.
Oddometer: 782
When will you be passing through? Got some space and a friendly dog. Been a pretty screwed up your. Could use the company. Got plenty of firewood stocked up and a couple of grills.
warriorcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
warriorcole
n00b sch00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham Al.
Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcole View Post
When will you be passing through? Got some space and a friendly dog. Been a pretty screwed up your. Could use the company. Got plenty of firewood stocked up and a couple of grills.
Screwed up YEAR that is. :)
warriorcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #12
russellkt
Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Oddometer: 44
I just got a call from Free Spirit who is stranded on Hwy 132 in Altoona, AL. Her electric shifter is causing all sorts of problems with the bike. She is currently waiting on a tow truck and is getting towed to the Honda dealer in Gadsden. Please pm me or her for contact details.
russellkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
warriorcole
n00b sch00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham Al.
Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellkt View Post
I just got a call from Free Spirit who is stranded on Hwy 132 in Altoona, AL. Her electric shifter is causing all sorts of problems with the bike. She is currently waiting on a tow truck and is getting towed to the Honda dealer in Gadsden. Please pm me or her for contact details.
I will be available to help after work in a couple of hours.
warriorcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #14
warriorcole
n00b sch00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham Al.
Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
I'm riding my BMW F GS 650 next month from Denver CO to Wisconsin along the great Lakes down to FL.
I have to be in Miami the last week of June. So anybody who likes to join me some off the way would be spectacular !
I'm 39 years old female and originally from Germany.
Also anyone who can let me pitch a tent along the way would be awesome !

That is a good looking bike. It looks well set up.
warriorcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:35 PM   #15
warriorcole
n00b sch00b
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Birmingham Al.
Oddometer: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Spirit View Post
I'm riding my BMW F GS 650 next month from Denver CO to Wisconsin along the great Lakes down to FL.
I have to be in Miami the last week of June. So anybody who likes to join me some off the way would be spectacular !
I'm 39 years old female and originally from Germany.
Also anyone who can let me pitch a tent along the way would be awesome !


one of my girls
warriorcole is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014