ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #1
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 3,555
6 hours in Chicago.

Mala Bunny and I have 6 hours to kill between 9am and 3pm while waiting for a train. What should we do?
muddyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
Jon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,010
Field Museum if you are into natural history. Art museum is great too. If the weather is nice you can easily kill 6 hours just walking around and grabbing a bite to eat.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #3
Solohobo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
What are your interest? What do you like? There is the Millenium Park, Museum Campus, rent bikes, architecture tour, boat cruise, Lincoln Park Zoo, and endless shopping and dining...its pretty easy to stay busy in Chicago...for gods sake.
Adventure Travel to Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Burma, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, China, Honk Kong, Macau, France, Italy, EU, Morocco, Turkey, USA National Parks, camping, fishing, hiking, surfing, scuba diving, trekking, river rafting, new cultures, new cuisine, new languages.
Solohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:28 AM   #4
SandHogSC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Eat some pizza

Find some Chicago pizza such as Gino's. I'm not from Chicago but when I'm there I eat pizza. Maybe some locals have some more insight.
SandHogSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 04:29 AM   #5
nevermind
Swamp Thing

Oddometer: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrabbit View Post
Mala Bunny and I have 6 hours to kill between 9am and 3pm while waiting for a train. What should we do?
Quote:
So, you are leaving from and have to get back to Union Station? If yes, bring your walking shoes. Head over to the Willis(Sears) tower and go up to the viewing deck. Stand on the clear overhang deck if you dare...

Food is fairly close by, Michigan Ave is about a mile due east. Art institute is east about a mile too, head east on Adams. Walk until you hit Michigan Ave. There used to be a place to eat on the river, east side, just outside of Union Station but we used to hit the places on Wabash.

Do all that and you burn 6 hours easy.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:57 AM   #6
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

I think we going to grab a hot chocolate & churros at Coco, and go to the viewing deck at Sears tower.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #7
reveille
Now 70% Better!

Oddometer: 562
6 hours in Chicago is more than enough time to realize it's time to leave. Just kidding, sort of. Hope you enjoy your time
reveille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:59 AM   #8
muddyrabbit OP
Lost Boy

Train was delayed, so we ended up with 3 hours to walk around. Went to Xoco for lunch, and hiked around. Did not feel like spending $40 to go up to he sky deck. Beautiful city with lots of energy, we both would like to go back when we have more than a train layover to explore. It was interesting to notice how the town felt so much more vibrant, bustling, and enerergetic than Cleveland. We were also impressed by how clean your city is.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
TTaM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Train was delayed, so we ended up with 3 hours to walk around. Went to Xoco for lunch, and hiked around. Did not feel like spending $40 to go up to he sky deck. Beautiful city with lots of energy, we both would like to go back when we have more than a train layover to explore. It was interesting to notice how the town felt so much more vibrant, bustling, and enerergetic than Cleveland. We were also impressed by how clean your city is.
I always tell people to go to the Signature Lounge in the Hancock instead of the Sky Deck. As long as you buy a drink or food, it doesn't cost anything. So go, have a drink and app, enjoy the views for half the price of the Sky Deck
TTaM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
MMMOTORCYCLE
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Im a little late to the party...

http://www.architecture.org/tours/boat-tours
WR144-Too much fun to be street legal!
CRF70F-for the kids
MMMOTORCYCLE is offline   Reply With Quote