jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,352
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:45 PM   #35
wanderlust77 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
After doing over 1000 miles last weekend and spending 6-8 hours a day for three days in the saddle, I decided the stock seat had to go. I can feel it after 50 miles and it gets worse on the third day in a row. Riding off road helps with the standing, but on the road I have to stand for a bit a couple times an hour. SO...I decided to bite the bullet and order a Touratech single piece comfort seat - standard height with the breathable cover. I should get it tomorrow or the next day. Since nobody has any reviews on it, I will be your guinea pig (and mine). I will let you guys know what I think when I've gotten a few (hundred) miles on it.

wanderlust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:55 AM   #36
sleepyOwl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinx1 View Post
Did he have some difficulties to cut that extra foam?what about actual comfort respect to original? Does the heating still work?

Inviato dal mio C6903 utilizzando Tapatalk
He had no problems at all. He scraped it out bit by bit as he was worried that the heater would be damaged. He reckons he could have taken another 1/2" if needed.

So far I havent noticed any difference in comfort from the original and yes, the heater in the seat still works.

Everything is Amazing and No one is Happy

sleepyOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:26 PM   #37
Kevy511
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust77 View Post
After doing over 1000 miles last weekend and spending 6-8 hours a day for three days in the saddle, I decided the stock seat had to go. I can feel it after 50 miles and it gets worse on the third day in a row. Riding off road helps with the standing, but on the road I have to stand for a bit a couple times an hour. SO...I decided to bite the bullet and order a Touratech single piece comfort seat - standard height with the breathable cover. I should get it tomorrow or the next day. Since nobody has any reviews on it, I will be your guinea pig (and mine). I will let you guys know what I think when I've gotten a few (hundred) miles on it.

I just tried the TT breathable seat (high option) and sent it back. I did not like the material used in the breathable option cover. The material is like the fabric used in an office chair or something. IMO it did not go well with the gray standard. I read a review were the guy said the material did not hold up well and started to look worn fairly soon. I can see why this would happen. While sitting on the seat I made a crease in the fabric which was not a good sign. I sat on it for a while in the garage because I did not want to show any ware if I had to send it back. Sitting on it felt ok with a slight tilt forward. I did not find it to be to hard as some reviews have stated. (I normally like firm seats) Also, I like to shift my tail back towards the rear of the bike and stretch these long gorilla arms of mine while I'm ridding. However, I found that my butt would hit up against the passenger portion of the seat to soon which kept me a bit confined to a smaller area. I must say that if the cover was just a marine grade vinyl I would have gave it more of try since I would be eating the substantial shipping cost. I think maybe the non-breathable cover may have worked better for me don't no. I have now narrowed my choices of aftermarket seats to the Saddlemen seat (schedule to available June 16th) or the KTM heated/ergo seat. In any case, the stock seat has to go.
Kevy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #38
wanderlust77 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
I agree with you, Kevy. I just got mine today and rode about 50 miles. The Touratech seat is WORSE than the stock seat! I'm 6'1 and it positions me too far forward. It felt like I was almost sitting on the tank. I measured the distance from the front to where the passenger seat starts and it was about an inch shorter than stock (to the front). Plus, it is slanted forward and creates a major pressure point on your taint bone. The seat is not flat as the dude told me on the phone, it is rather "dished". This seat is not shaped correctly and the ergonomics are far from where they need to be - especially for $700! And I didn't notice anything different with the "breathable" cover. I honestly would rather be stuck with the stock seat than the Touratech seat. Live and learn. This is going back tomorrow.

Kevy - How was customer service? Where they cool with the return? Did they charge you the 15% restock fee?
wanderlust77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #39
Mugatu
Sidewalk adventurer

Oddometer: 255
tt seats

very interesting comments, you just save me some cash thanks!
Mugatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:41 AM   #40
Kevy511
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust77 View Post
I agree with you, Kevy. I just got mine today and rode about 50 miles. The Touratech seat is WORSE than the stock seat! I'm 6'1 and it positions me too far forward. It felt like I was almost sitting on the tank. I measured the distance from the front to where the passenger seat starts and it was about an inch shorter than stock (to the front). Plus, it is slanted forward and creates a major pressure point on your taint bone. The seat is not flat as the dude told me on the phone, it is rather "dished". This seat is not shaped correctly and the ergonomics are far from where they need to be - especially for $700! And I didn't notice anything different with the "breathable" cover. I honestly would rather be stuck with the stock seat than the Touratech seat. Live and learn. This is going back tomorrow.

Kevy - How was customer service? Where they cool with the return? Did they charge you the 15% restock fee?
So far the customer service is good. I was given a lot of information before I made the purchased from guys who seem to ride like I do. I was told there would not be a restocking fee as long as the seat didn't show any marks or ware. They understand that seats are a personal subjective thing and opinions will vary a lot. I'm in New Jersey and it takes forever for stuff to ship here to and form the west cost, so they won't receive the seat until Monday. I'll post if there is a restocking fee but I doubt it. Thanks for doing the measurements on the seat and confirming what I knew by the seat of my pants
Kevy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #41
OBD
Other Brother

Oddometer: 102
fresh Renazco

thanks Sonia and James..
another fine Renazco finds a home.
black suede top, black grain sides and as if the bike wasn't fast enough, James added a 'dart' of orange along the bottom.

OBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #42
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,274
Tick tock

Two weeks late on my seat

Tick tock :(
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:19 PM   #43
OBD
Other Brother

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
Two weeks late on my seat

Tick tock :(
Ya they had my seat 4 weeks (plus travel time) but if I was smart I'd do this stuff in the 'off season'
OBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:24 PM   #44
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,274
Yea

Thought the appt was for a reason. Third seat from them. Will love the seat just not the time waiting when it's to be a week not a month
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #45
breakfastbuddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
the seat , 1190R

i didnt have much money , and i got the standard seat also with my bike , i cut it open and put some softer foam in it , and sewed up with fish tread, it works good , i have been taken trips up to 600 km , without problems .
breakfastbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote