Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #136
borscht zanetti
06 950 Adventure

Oddometer: 163
Great trip Rocket thanks for making it happen! One of my favourite RR. I see you live in my old home town of Victoria !
borscht zanetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #137
BRUTSQD OP
2 scoops of stupid

Oddometer: 285
Globalt38: The spare was just a replacement TKC front as the one I rode down there was already a little chewed up at the beginning of a 3K mile trip. Better safe then sorry

DaFoole: From you that's a huge compliment! Your RR was one of the big reasons why I decided to go to Baja in the first place. Now that I've gone I'm already looking at leaving the new position and going back to Per Diem status so I can head back down again.(not kidding)

Max: San Quintin to Tecate isn't that far actually, easy days ride, just keep in mind if you're doing that ride in one day you're skipping over a ton of stuff. To me, Baja is a 100-150 mile per day max ride. Too much stuff to see, eat and drink then riding 200+ days can do justice.

Ben: Doood, keep me posted. I may very well be game to head down with you guys. By all means PM me when you have an idea when you're going.

Borscht: Absolutely, I'll post an inventory and review here soon. There were certainly things I would pack differently for next time. As for the tires, as long as you go into the trip knowing you're looking at 3K miles, a fresh pair of tires is likely all you need before departing. I old brought an extra because I knew I was going to be pushing my luck by the end of the trip. Didn't need to swap it out.

Rocketgrrrl: Thanks P, it was enriching and an absolute blast to travel w you! Couldn't ask for a better friend or riding partner. Nicole and I are aldready talking about heading North your way to meet up and try the Canadian beer :)

advmoto66, kenru, shooby ubermick, rides2little, Anand7, dano619 and everyone else who commented and followed along, thanks for posting and keeping me motivated to keep writing. I'm glad you guys enjoyed the write up!
BRUTSQD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #138
Ghostyman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Great report. Thanks for taking us along. Looks like a ton of fun.
Ghostyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:07 AM   #139
twisted-hog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTSQD View Post

To me, Baja is a 100-150 mile per day max ride. Too much stuff to see, eat and drink then riding 200+ days can do justice.
Great report........

You're so right on the 100-150 mile a day ride.

We had the best time taking our time and absorbing as much Baja as we could.
Plus it was nice to be off the bike and chilling with a dozen cold ones early in the day on a beach if we near one.

They say on here Baja gets in your blood....that is so true.

I found out as you have.

the twisted-hog
Baja Cerveza Conquest
twisted-hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #140
nmdave7
two wheel junkie

Oddometer: 207
Well done sir!
nmdave7 is offline   Reply With Quote