ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
AJay112 OP
Action Figure
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,755
Tellico Plains Next week,

Hey, going to be basing out of Tellico next week.

Looking to do the Andrews to Robbinsville route, Tatum Gap and Parsons Branch a bunch as well as the Tellico stuff. Anyone riding DS in the area Mon-Wed ?
__________________
><>
Taking it to life's manager.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:58 PM   #2
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over
 
Mossy_Crk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Between the bike and the ground
Oddometer: 722
Tatham Gap is closed.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
peejman
i wanna ride
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: East TN
Oddometer: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
Hey, going to be basing out of Tellico next week.

Looking to do the Andrews to Robbinsville route, Tatum Gap and Parsons Branch a bunch as well as the Tellico stuff. Anyone riding DS in the area Mon-Wed ?
Keep in mind that Parson's Branch is one way from Cades Cove south to 129. You have to go around the Cades Cove loop road to get to it. If you'll be there during the week, traffic shouldn't be bad.
peejman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
mxcr
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
Hey, going to be basing out of Tellico next week.

Looking to do the Andrews to Robbinsville route, Tatum Gap and Parsons Branch a bunch as well as the Tellico stuff. Anyone riding DS in the area Mon-Wed ?
Just use Beaver Creek and USFS #304 out of Andrews,, it's longer anyway.
mxcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
ihatefalling
Let it roll
 
ihatefalling's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Oddometer: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejman View Post
Keep in mind that Parson's Branch is one way from Cades Cove south to 129. You have to go around the Cades Cove loop road to get to it. If you'll be there during the week, traffic shouldn't be bad.
^^^ True - Don't even think about doing Cades Cove on a weekend in the summer heat - Your motor will melt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcr View Post
Just use Beaver Creek and USFS #304 out of Andrews,, it's longer anyway.
^^^ Good advice
__________________
We gunna debitchulate you boy . . . .
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
AJay112 OP
Action Figure
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
^^^ True - Don't even think about doing Cades Cove on a weekend in the summer heat - Your motor will melt



^^^ Good advice
We hit it EARLY and during the week. Parsons' Branch is open now isn't it? You would be AMAZED at how hard it is to bypass that gated bridge on a KLR.
__________________
><>
Taking it to life's manager.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
AJay112 OP
Action Figure
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxcr View Post
Just use Beaver Creek and USFS #304 out of Andrews,, it's longer anyway.
Yeah... are the construction trucks using #304 right now ? Had a couple close calls last year on those blind right handers.
__________________
><>
Taking it to life's manager.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #8
tony99
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Alvaton KY
Oddometer: 5
Leaving for suches georgia Monday on small bike
tony99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:00 PM   #9
Mossy_Crk
Fallen over
 
Mossy_Crk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Between the bike and the ground
Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJay112 View Post
Edit
Please don't change what I wrote and call it a quote.

Bypassing that gate is a federal offense. I'm no boy scout, but I really wouldn't push it on that road as it's a high profile situation. It will not do any of us in the community any long term good to have people blowing gates on roads closed because of damage. Also, ADVrider doesn't need to get a rep for telling folks to ignore Forest Service road closures.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Super Grumpy Pants, but we need to be careful about stuff like this as we lose more and more available access each year.
Mossy_Crk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #10
AJay112 OP
Action Figure
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy_Crk View Post
Please don't change what I wrote and call it a quote.
I apologize, post is nuked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy_Crk View Post
Bypassing that gate is a federal offense. I'm no boy scout, but I really wouldn't push it on that road as it's a high profile situation. It will not do any of us in the community any long term good to have people blowing gates on roads closed because of damage. Also, ADVrider doesn't need to get a rep for telling folks to ignore Forest Service road closures.

I'm not trying to be Mr. Super Grumpy Pants, but we need to be careful about stuff like this as we lose more and more available access each year.
If it's high viability now then no, I won't be going past the gate to take pictures of the washout.
__________________
><>
Taking it to life's manager.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #11
AJay112 OP
Action Figure
 
AJay112's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony99 View Post
Leaving for suches georgia Monday on small bike



Don't leave us hanging... from where ? What's a "small" bike? KL / XT ?
__________________
><>
Taking it to life's manager.
AJay112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
tony99
n00b
 
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Alvaton KY
Oddometer: 5
sorry Bowling Green Ky WR250 R
tony99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014