ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #16
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
That looks like a pretty great route... are all of the roads on this route that go through the Cascades snow free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Bob View Post
Here is an excellent route. The forest service roads on the route in Oregon are paved.

Have fun!


https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=W...4,5,6&t=m&z=11
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Air_Bob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The Foothills of the Cascades
Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
That looks like a pretty great route... are all of the roads on this route that go through the Cascades snow free?

I don't know if they are snow free, but they probably are. I've ridden most of this route and really enjoyed it.
__________________
Current:
'02 Aprilia Caponord, '06 SuzukiDRZ400S
Former:
'08 Triumph Sprint ST
'03 Suzuki DL1000, '03 Triumph Sprint ST
Air_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
GPS route loaded, bike packed and getting ready to head out a little early so I can enjoy the ride. If you see a 690 with bags and an ADV sticker give me the ol' ADV Salute!

__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #19
Air_Bob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The Foothills of the Cascades
Oddometer: 120
Enjoy my route. :-)
__________________
Current:
'02 Aprilia Caponord, '06 SuzukiDRZ400S
Former:
'08 Triumph Sprint ST
'03 Suzuki DL1000, '03 Triumph Sprint ST
Air_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #20
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
So Friday I Left the house and ten miles later I was soaked in a downpour. Then did highway 97 to Wenatchee and the wabdr to Ellensberg. that was great. Next day I shivered my way along the GPS route and got a little wet. Windy and cold. Goldendale to Oregon was great weather and a good road. Went into Oregon and my GPS route stopped working. Went back and met some advers that told me about the black dog rally. Camped there and took a different route the next day. It rained and snowed on me along the 35 highway and got soaked through my rain gear. Dried off in Madris then went to Redmond. Cold and windy again. Up to sisters and over the pass on the 126 and got drenched again. Rained all the way to the hotel. Standing water on I5 and probably the hardest rain I have ever road in. Teeth chattering, soaked and shivering I made it to the hotel.

Probably the worst bike trip I have been on but still had a good time.

Skipped the forest service roads by govt camp because locals said it had a bunch of logs down and I Had a tight schedule and no GPS track or decent map. Maybe the trip back will be better.
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 AM   #21
wsmc831
Studly Adventurer
 
wsmc831's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Central Oregon
Oddometer: 661
2 more days until 80 degrees.
__________________
97 TL1000S
2010 690 EnduroR
2013 500 Exc
wsmc831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #22
Air_Bob
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The Foothills of the Cascades
Oddometer: 120
Did the GPX file fail? Sorry it didn't work properly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
So Friday I Left the house and ten miles later I was soaked in a downpour. Then did highway 97 to Wenatchee and the wabdr to Ellensberg. that was great. Next day I shivered my way along the GPS route and got a little wet. Windy and cold. Goldendale to Oregon was great weather and a good road. Went into Oregon and my GPS route stopped working. Went back and met some advers that told me about the black dog rally. Camped there and took a different route the next day. It rained and snowed on me along the 35 highway and got soaked through my rain gear. Dried off in Madris then went to Redmond. Cold and windy again. Up to sisters and over the pass on the 126 and got drenched again. Rained all the way to the hotel. Standing water on I5 and probably the hardest rain I have ever road in. Teeth chattering, soaked and shivering I made it to the hotel.

Probably the worst bike trip I have been on but still had a good time.

Skipped the forest service roads by govt camp because locals said it had a bunch of logs down and I Had a tight schedule and no GPS track or decent map. Maybe the trip back will be better.
__________________
Current:
'02 Aprilia Caponord, '06 SuzukiDRZ400S
Former:
'08 Triumph Sprint ST
'03 Suzuki DL1000, '03 Triumph Sprint ST
Air_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #23
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air_Bob View Post
Did the GPX file fail? Sorry it didn't work properly.
No... the northern half of the track worked great. It just lost the bottom half. I don't know if my GPS ran out of memory or what but it all worked out. I really enjoyed the canyon south of ellensburg.
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #24
peterman
cop magnet
 
peterman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Springfield,,,,like the Simpsons,,,orygun
Oddometer: 13,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
No... the northern half of the track worked great. It just lost the bottom half. I don't know if my GPS ran out of memory or what but it all worked out. I really enjoyed the canyon south of ellensburg.
Did you see that silver charger with the reservation cop at the wheel?
I used to LOVE that road,(in years past before it was patrolled),been known to ride back and forth on it 3 or 4 times,,same with highway 245 in Oregon,,back and forth,,down the hill,,up the hill,,down the hill,, up the hill,,,I could have done that all day but Sector was waiting for me at the bottom!
__________________
peterman
___________________________
"Your God, your rules,,YOU go burn in hell!" LLV
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #25
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
Did you see that silver charger with the reservation cop at the wheel?
I used to LOVE that road,(in years past before it was patrolled),been known to ride back and forth on it 3 or 4 times,,same with highway 245 in Oregon,,back and forth,,down the hill,,up the hill,,down the hill,, up the hill,,,I could have done that all day but Sector was waiting for me at the bottom!
Yup... saw quite a few res cops but I only speed on the corners and they were on the straights. Lucky me!
__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #26
wbedient OP
MoTard
 
wbedient's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: North Central Washington
Oddometer: 1,240
Pics!!

Had a good ride home, and slowed down to take some pictures. I ended up doing 1400 miles over 4 and a half days. First time I've done any extensive pavement on the 690 and it did better than I expected. I really enjoyed the dirt sections, but overall a good trip and a great bike.











__________________

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014