ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #1
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
2014 Wildwood 400

Just checking to see who will be riding this years Wildwood 400. Going to be a great ride!

[IMG][/IMG] [IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-04-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,793
Times/Dates? Who's catering the rest stops/providing topless minder girls again for the tough sections?
Old 06-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #3
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Times/Dates? Who's catering the rest stops/providing topless minder girls again for the tough sections?
The Wildwood 400 is June 21st and 22nd. A 2 day Dual Sport ride. I think the ride is actually about 360 miles for the 2 days. There is also a 500 mile Adventure Bike Route, and a technical "A" track for the advanced dual sport riders.
The ride stages in Wildwood CA. approx. 50 miles west of Red Bluff off Highway 36 there is free camping and pay showers Friday night before the ride. Saturday night is spent in Fortuna, Ironman Dual Sport transports your overnight gear to the Eel River Brewery ( a great place to end the first day of the ride! ) Anyone who liked the Sheetiron will love this ride, there is a 75 rider limit, we should fill up pretty fast.
The topless minder girls will also be handing out free beer!
For more info check out the website, http://www.ironmandualsport.com/Riders_Club.php

Wildwood 400 video main Dual Spot Loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UviBsJThHvc

Here's 1 of 4 videos bill made on the 2013 "A" loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laXSJATeO0w

Pretty sure this is Foot dragger wheeling accross the bridge.

Oh, just kidding about the topless girls, but there might be a free beer to be had.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,793
Yup,that's me. Hammering the clutch on the DRZe to try to make it wheelie.
Hate to go off the edge.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

A few pics fro pre-riding the "A" Loop yesterday

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-07-2014, 07:21 AM   #6
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 307
Since there is not one foot of legal trail near Wildwood what kind of hoops did you have to jump through to get your A loop permited to run a for profit event on Shasta Trinity National Forest?
stormdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

There are legal trails in the Shasta Trinity National Forest and my Special Use Permit covers the ride in both the Six Rivers and Shasta Trinity National Forest.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:56 PM   #8
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

It's not just a ride for the hard core dirt riders, there's also an Adventure bike route

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And few interesting characters along the way.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-07-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockgarden Bob View Post
There are legal trails in the Shasta Trinity National Forest and my Special Use Permit covers the ride in both the Six Rivers and Shasta Trinity National Forest.
Yes there are legal trails in the Shasta T but not near Wildwood and certainly not the ones in your photos
Old 06-07-2014, 10:13 PM   #10
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Bob-
This looks like fun. Are there any rides coming up that are maybe around 100 miles per day?
motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:16 PM   #11
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdog View Post
Yes there are legal trails in the Shasta T but not near Wildwood and certainly not the ones in your photos

Storm dog. Make your point. Say you don't like it or you don't agree with what he's doing.. If you have a witty comment to say out with it genius...
Old 06-07-2014, 11:19 PM   #12
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,833
I'm simply spurious what you are getting at.....
Old 06-08-2014, 07:35 AM   #13
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

In an effort to put Stormdog's concerns to rest: Certainly all trails that I ride while out pre-riding do not wind up on my rides. There are many user created trails that I ride regularly while pre-riding that should remain "Secret" and will only remain in there pristine condition with limited use. I think the Trail that has Stormdog concerned is defiantly one of those trails, it won't be in the ride. However the trail does need some maintenance as some of the benching is sloughing away. I'll be getting a group of guys together to do some needed maintenance, If you would like to join us Stormdog please send me a PM.
I guess this is a good place to mention how important it is for everyone to get involved in supporting our rights to access our public lands. We all have different schedules, financial resources, and demands on our time but it's important that we are united and have a strong voice. For some making a financial contribution to organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition or for those of us in Northern California, CORVA or the Sierra Access Coalition are more involved in our local Forest. That's fine every donation helps. For others who have the time, Join your local AMA Club and get involved with there trail programs and effort to fight the closures of our property.
Myself and Members of the Ironman Dual Sport Riders Club spend hundreds of hours each year working not only fighting for access to our Public Lands. But boots on the ground trail maintenance and mitigation to open new trails.
One more thing I'd like to mention about Dual Sport rides like the Wildwood 400. They are a huge financial help to the small rural communities that we use as staging areas, gas and lunch stops, overnight destinations. Many of these small communities really almost completely on revenue from recreation and tourism.
Well I guess I could go on and on but hopefully I've made my point and also put Stormdog's concerns to rest.

[IMG][/IMG]

Rockgarden Bob screwed with this post 06-08-2014 at 08:49 AM
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #14
stormdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Storm dog. Make your point. Say you don't like it or you don't agree with what he's doing.. If you have a witty comment to say out with it genius...
No witty comments required. My point was made and I think Bobs reply says everything that needs to be said.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #15
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowest View Post
Bob-
This looks like fun. Are there any rides coming up that are maybe around 100 miles per day?
Hi Motowest, most of my rides average about 150 miles per day or more usually with a gas and lunch stop about half way. Riders can always use "Bail Outs" if the days ride is to long. They generally have 3 different tracks available, " A, B, C " the "B" route being the main Dual sport route, it is a fun ride for the average Dual Sport rider with a few sections that will challenge the less experienced. The "C" route is for beginners and generally cuts out any of the challenging sections of the "B" route and also often has added mileage on paved back-roads for the Adventure Bike riders. The "A" track is hard splits off the main route and riders must be very experienced, minimum solid B level enduro or cross country riders, very experienced club level riders, trials tires are required.
Basically I try to make it so every rider no matter there skill level or what they ride has a great ride and that nobody gets in over there heads.

Rockgarden Bob screwed with this post 06-08-2014 at 09:30 AM
Rockgarden Bob is offline   Reply With Quote