ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
motowest
Two-wheeled Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,249
Thanks for the info - hope to make it for some of these rides.
motowest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #17
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormdog View Post
No witty comments required. My point was made and I think Bobs reply says everything that needs to be said.
Cool... Well hopefully said trail that you are sensitive about will have your help as well keeping it rideable......... We all have great places to ride that we want to stay gold but it's the trail work that helps in the end...
Old 06-08-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,737
Good work sir. Trail work can suck at times but the reward is great especially around survey time to ensure they STAY open... Thank you!

QUOTE=Rockgarden Bob;24345486]In an effort to put Stormdog's concerns to rest: Certainly all trails that I ride while out pre-riding do not wind up on my rides. There are many user created trails that I ride regularly while pre-riding that should remain "Secret" and will only remain in there pristine condition with limited use. I think the Trail that has Stormdog concerned is defiantly one of those trails, it won't be in the ride. However the trail does need some maintenance as some of the benching is sloughing away. I'll be getting a group of guys together to do some needed maintenance, If you would like to join us Stormdog please send me a PM.
I guess this is a good place to mention how important it is for everyone to get involved in supporting our rights to access our public lands. We all have different schedules, financial resources, and demands on our time but it's important that we are united and have a strong voice. For some making a financial contribution to organizations like the Blue Ribbon Coalition or for those of us in Northern California, CORVA or the Sierra Access Coalition are more involved in our local Forest. That's fine every donation helps. For others who have the time, Join your local AMA Club and get involved with there trail programs and effort to fight the closures of our property.
Myself and Members of the Ironman Dual Sport Riders Club spend hundreds of hours each year working not only fighting for access to our Public Lands. But boots on the ground trail maintenance and mitigation to open new trails.
One more thing I'd like to mention about Dual Sport rides like the Wildwood 400. They are a huge financial help to the small rural communities that we use as staging areas, gas and lunch stops, overnight destinations. Many of these small communities really almost completely on revenue from recreation and tourism.
Well I guess I could go on and on but hopefully I've made my point and also put Stormdog's concerns to rest.

[IMG][/IMG]

[/QUOTE]
Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 PM   #19
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,562
looks awesome! can't make this ride but I will keep my ears peeled for future ride so there. so beautiful.
I've ridden my old '77 550four Honda in that area (paved of course) and it's pretty rad around there.
good work on your guys' trail maintenance and fighting to keep our trails open. thank you!!!
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 956
hope to make the plumas navagitor later this year
3 days riding, 2 nights at different locations

anybody wanna carpool

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #21
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
hope to make the plumas navagitor later this year
3 days riding, 2 nights at different locations

anybody wanna carpool
Thanks Scott, look forward to riding with you on the Plumas Circumnavigator, October 3,4,5. Defiantly one of my favorite rides! 3 days and 450 miles of the best Dual Sport riding you'll ever find. Here's a link for more info. http://www.ironmandualsport.com/Riders_Club.php

My son Doug trying to move the rock out of the trail. 2013 Plumas Circumnavigator
[IMG][/IMG]

About 1/2 way through day 2 near the Nevada border, I love Aspen groves.
[IMG][/IMG]

After lunch, day 1. A little challenging section on the "B" route.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,657
No more pics of last Thursdays ride? Roping bikes out of ravines or ?

Sure wish I woulda been in on that one.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
No more pics of last Thursdays ride? Roping bikes out of ravines or ?

Sure wish I woulda been in on that one.
OK Foot dragger, just one. This trail won't be on the ride. Mark is always showing off. The rest of us use our kickstand or lean our bikes against a tree when we're taking a break on the trail, Mark balances his bike perfectly.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-09-2014, 07:58 PM   #24
Foot dragger
singletracker

Sh**eite,,,,,,,,,,,,!that thing coulda tumbled a whole bunch further then that.
He is going to have to learn to look where hes going,and not over the edge! Never look down. I heard you guys had a swim as well,sounds like a standard Bob adventure ride.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #25
somanygoodbikes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Overview map?

Rockgarden Bob, you posted an image in the 2013 thread for this ride. It was a map of the various alternate routes for the Red Mountain 350.

Could you post in this thread an image that shows the alternate routes for this year's Wildwood 400? I'm thinking about doing it and would like to be able to visualize the difference in options, and see how they would connect if you bailed from a harder to an easier option.

At the moment I'd plan on doing whatever single track segments are available, but am concerned about it possibly being very hot and maybe having to scale back.
somanygoodbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #26
Rockgarden Bob OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by somanygoodbikes View Post
Rockgarden Bob, you posted an image in the 2013 thread for this ride. It was a map of the various alternate routes for the Red Mountain 350.

Could you post in this thread an image that shows the alternate routes for this year's Wildwood 400? I'm thinking about doing it and would like to be able to visualize the difference in options, and see how they would connect if you bailed from a harder to an easier option.

At the moment I'd plan on doing whatever single track segments are available, but am concerned about it possibly being very hot and maybe having to scale back.
Somanygoodbikes, Well I'm still pre-riding the route for this year. Leaving early tomorrow morning and changing some of the "B" and "C" tracks. About all I'm really able/willing to show is last years "B" track. Don't think I'd worry to much about the heat it's cooling down next week and it will defiantly be cool over by the coast. For rides with more single track check out the Red Mountain 350, Boomtown Rally and the Plumas Circumnavigator. Thanks Bob

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-11-2014, 08:12 PM   #27
somanygoodbikes
Adventurer

Thanks. Those other rides are definitely on the radar, but this one is appealing because it doesn't conflict with work schedules at all, which is kind of a big deal for me in the summer and early fall months.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
somanygoodbikes
Adventurer

I am posting this on behalf of somanygoodbikes. He is a participant in today's ride and is stuck out on the course.

He sent me a text message saying:

At Wild Mad Road where the the A track meets it and am walking out
had to walk five hours just to get here
am going to walk on the road towards Ruth lake and hope i see a car

Please call him at 415 218 4075. He has had no luck contacting the ride promoter or any other participants.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:32 PM   #29
somanygoodbikes
Adventurer

So we got in touch with Bob from Iron Man Dual Sport, and Bob is driving out to rescue somanygoodbikes so that somanygoodbikes doesn't have to spend the night in the NF. On behalf of somanygoodbikes, thank you Bob!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:03 PM   #30
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by somanygoodbikes View Post
I am posting this on behalf of somanygoodbikes. He is a participant in today's ride and is stuck out on the course.

He sent me a text message saying:

At Wild Mad Road where the the A track meets it and am walking out
had to walk five hours just to get here
am going to walk on the road towards Ruth lake and hope i see a car

Please call him at 415 218 4075. He has had no luck contacting the ride promoter or any other participants.

Thanks for your help.
This is why guys dont ride these rides solo.
Phones sometimes work,sometimes not. You dont want to be on your own out there.