Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #2806
Harvey Krumpet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
Sheesh, more aliases than an ex German prison guard.

Messaged you on Carpe, cheers for getting in touch.
Harvey Krumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #2807
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 673
I currently have Givi crashbars on my 900, but I congratulate bumbadeena on his initiative to help out our 850 brothers and sisters.
It's the type of thing that these forums do so well (in the right hands).
Well done mate.
Cheers
Tim
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #2808
gateman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
How many K's on there Tim?
gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #2809
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
rehash of Renntec crashbar 'group buy' update from the 'other' forum

Thanks for the preeshiation Tim, I just want some bash guards.

I wasn't really looking forward to bending up a pair myself so I dragged all you folks into this.

Everyone who's an innerested BUYER please do this:

Email Hannah at: info@renntec.co.uk! Paste this character string into your email subject: Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars
if you cc me at: alan@shepherd.com I'll have a decent idea what she's got for confirmed buyers and we can go from there!

So far i've recieved several cc's but we are a ways off still from the 10 confirmed customers she needs to start the pipebenders bending. So please take a sec to send an email and get in on this.

THANKS TDM Riders!
bumbadeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #2810
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Just sent this to Hannah...

Hannah,

I want to keep everybody up to date and have asked them each to email you at this address to register their info with Renntec regarding the Crashbar for the old TDM. You should have a couple in your inbox already. Please let me (us) know where and how to get our money to you so we can get these bars into production. Worst case scenario I can imagine is nine people pay you and then we canít muster one more. If that is what happens Iíll personally put us over the edge so we donít have to scrap the whole order. Managing worldwide requests as your agent for this order scares me that Iíll upset someone because I forget something or miss a shipping detail. I want Renntec to get the credit for resurrecting the old part for clients. Just need a little bit of help to make it all RosesÖ Really appreciate your help so far!

Thanks,

Alan
AKA RatHawk on Capre-TDM and Bumbadeeda on ADV
Old 04-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #2811
Backonthebike
Giddy up

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by gateman View Post
How many K's on there Tim?
I'm no Iron Butt Gatey, but she's up to about 25,000 kays now. The XO and I did a trip to Bathurst via Parkes at Christmas. I put some highway pegs on the crashbars and one of these:
http://www.omni-cruise.com/omni-cruise-v01b/
Feet up, steering with the left hand all the way across the Hay Plain; Fantastic.
Did a series of early morning laps around the Bathurst track before the Wallopers woke up, which was also pretty neat.
The TDM gets winters off whilst I ride my dirty bikes, so she's tucked up in the shed with a Chenille bedspread over her as we speak.
I can't ever see myself getting rid of this bike; I cannot imagine what I would get that would do anything better than it does.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction all those years ago at Wilmington!
Cheers
Tim
Old 04-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #2812
gateman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,148
Hey Tim I really glad your getting on so well. I'm not normally a red bike man and I just love this colour. Its not over whelming.

I had some time off all bikes last year with neck fractures so I did a bit on the little bike but surguing was very painfull. I got one breakfast trip ( TDM mounted) in to the town up the road then another 5 weeks off before taking on the Border Run. Kelpie made that trip doable with the help of a neck brace.
TDM still looks after me.
Added new fork seal a few days ago 100,000 km on the clock and this bike is always a keeper.

New bike thing has come up a few times here and its very hard for me to find a bike that's got things like long range, great ergo's, good tyre life or well placed service intervals. FarRiders give a few things a good test so my incoming info I trust.

Well last Saturday I was in Tamworth and spotted an 03 ST1300. Immaculate, low K's, and very well priced.
Now this is...a red bike. Its bright but not TDM tasty red. Long and the short I slept on it for a couple of nights and took it home Tuesday.

Im expecting to have a good pair of bikes for a long time yet.

And my total TDM count spotted out and about has reached the heady hights of 11 since 2008. Makes us different I think.
gateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 AM   #2813
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

latest on the bash bars... y'all please email Hannah!

Hannah, This is awesome news! Thanks so much! I'll go inform the two forum communities whose members are following this and look forward to more news next week!
Regards,
Alan

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!
----- Reply message -----
Date: Fri, Apr 19, 2013 9:29 am
Subject: Web Site Contact Form Results (REN10062B)
To:

Hi Alan,

I have had 6 other customers so far send me an email.

I am going to get our Technical guy to find the pattern in the factory on Monday so that I can pack a pair and get a closer estimate to packaging costs. As soon as I have this I will email everyone with the prices (hopefully Monday).

Our website unfortunately does not accept International Orders on any product.

If I send the quote over email, it will give them the option to send me their Card Details back or pay by a Bank Transfer. Or if they want to pay by card and not send it on an email, they can ring and just email me their shipping details, but I will explaion that to each customer on the quotes.

If you would like me to send a bulk shipment to USA, I can do this also. I can quote this to you as well as sending the customers that have emailed me what it would cost for a single item carriage. I would need to know how many Engine Bars you would like roughly for one parcel.

Also, for the quotes, my option to send to the USA is Global Value (cheapest option). We can provide a tracked service but this is more expensive (Global Priority) - both Parcel Force. If people have their own couriers, this is still ok.

As soon as my technical guy has looked at that with me on Monday we will hopefully get the ball rolling.

I will be in contact with you asap when I have more information.

Kind Regards

Hannah
Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722
Old 04-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #2814
dnajoy
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeldk5g View Post
Regarding tire choices,

I'm considering the Pirelli Scorpion Trail for my 93 3VD. The back tire is available in the correct 150/70-17 size, but the available front tire is 100/90-18 rather than the stock 110/80-18.

The 110/80 to 100/90 has a minimal differences, but has anyone tried this size on the front? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi

Did you go for these tyres in the end and if so how are they

Many thanks
dnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2815
dnajoy
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotoviking View Post
Thanks. I had the Sirac/Anakee-combo until last week. That worked really well, but I found these cheap, and wanted to give it a try. I can't really say anything yet, since I just fitted the tires and parked the bike. Will start on a 3000-4000km trip tomorrow, so I might make a RideReport about it. Watch out :-)
I run K60's on my GS and find them excellent - my wife would love to get a pair fitted to her TDM.

Hope you don't mind a few questions

Is your bike a 900? What size tyres did you fit? Did they fit without any modifications? How do you find them?

I'm loving the look of your bike. Many thanks.
dnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #2816
aeldk5g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnajoy View Post
Hi

Did you go for these tyres in the end and if so how are they

Many thanks
__________________________________________________ ___

I won't have the Pirelli's mounted until next week, but I'll post my findings after I log a miles on them.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #2817
dutchy in usa
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Laugh TDM rider that wants to get his TDM on US roads

Hello fellow TDM riders, I moved to the US with a TDM850 in boxes (from England with Dutch registration, looooong story) and spend the last couple of years putting it back together. Now it is 95% done I want to look into officially importing it so I can ride it on the street. Anyone got some experience with this?
Also if someone knows anyone selling a good and cheap exhaust system let me know!

Because I put over 70k miles on my TDM I have fixed most issues by now so if you need some help/advice let me know.
dutchy in usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #2818
BluRoad
as in blue highways

Oddometer: 454
Pelican Saddlebags & TDM Mounts For Sale

SOLD

I have a like-new set of Pelicans available in the flea market here.

BluRoad screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 07:35 PM
BluRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #2819
BluRoad
as in blue highways

Oddometer: 454
Corbin Seat for MK1

SOLD

I also have a very nice Corbin leather seat with red piping available. Very clean, looks great, a small crack beginning on rider's seat area. You will need your mounts from your OEM seat. These retail at $329 + shipping from Corbin.

Selling for $150 including shipping to CONUS (only).

Best to email joe.nelson@ymail.com or 608/8-oh-7-7829

BluRoad screwed with this post 08-21-2013 at 07:36 PM
BluRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #2820
aeldk5g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Givi Windscreen - New Old Stock

I just listed a Givi D107S windscreen on eBay if anyone is interested. It's about 2 1/2 inches taller than stock.

I have one on my 1992 and this is an extra that I had and is still in the original wrapping. At 5'10" it directs the wind over the top of my helmet. Very nice.

Thanks