User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #2821
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
TDM CRASH BARS FOR MKI (early) bikes

So The Crash Bars for Early TDM's are awaiting you at Renntec in the UK. We have a group buy going on with a minimum of ten folks. I think we are up to nine or ten already so pile on if you want crash bars for your TDM MK1. The details are all in the a thread over on Carpe TDM here:http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=27360 . So check that out and get in on this group buy!
bumbadeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #2822
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Yamaha TDM850 Renntec Crashbar Bash bar Group Buy Info

So the group buy of crash bars from Renntec for early TDM850 is underway. We DO NOT have the full ten folks signed up with Hannah at Renntec yet. The minimum number of people we need for the bars to go into production is TEN! If you chimed in here or on Carpe TDM that you were interested in a set you need to email Hannah at info@renntec.co.uk. She'll reply with the details of payment and shipping. We need more folks to make this happen!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #2823
goyova
n00b

Oddometer: 1
new one

Hello Everybody!!!
I am the proud new owner of a secondhand TDM 2008 ABS with 5000 Km. I am from Spain, Madrid. I love this bike but i have a small problem: my hands are small and I canīt take the left lever (clutch) with security because of this. The right one is adjustable but the left one no. I canīt find any adjustable levers for this model (under 100€) in internet, do you know a compatible model of yamaha that uses the same clutch lever so I could buy one or a complete adjustable set( clutch and brake)? (FJR 1300, FZS 600......Which year?

Thanks and Best Regards
goyova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #2824
kyotoviking
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by goyova View Post
Hello Everybody!!!
I am the proud new owner of a secondhand TDM 2008 ABS with 5000 Km. I am from Spain, Madrid. I love this bike but i have a small problem: my hands are small and I canīt take the left lever (clutch) with security because of this. The right one is adjustable but the left one no. I canīt find any adjustable levers for this model (under 100€) in internet, do you know a compatible model of yamaha that uses the same clutch lever so I could buy one or a complete adjustable set( clutch and brake)? (FJR 1300, FZS 600......Which year?

Thanks and Best Regards
Hello.
Congratulations with your new TDM.
I also have small hands, and have problems gripping left handle. Take a look where where the wire goes out from the handle. Under the rubber cover, there is one big round nut, and one smaller screw. Unscrew the big one, screw the smaller one further in to the handle, and finally tighten the big one again. Check if you can reach the handle, squeeze and control the clutch. Try first without starting engine. Put it in first gear and check if you can disengage the engine with squeezing the lever (so you can push it in gear, using clutch). If it feels okay, start engine and try it out. Remember to check/tighten the big nut often.
kyotoviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:43 AM   #2825
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,497
Masterbrewer's Flinders Ranges Classic VI 2013

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=883828
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #2826
Buzzo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
As always, bloody brilliant MB.

Thanks.
Buzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #2827
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

The Crash Bars for Early TDM's are awaiting you at Renntec in the UK. We have a group buy going on with a minimum of ten folks. We are still six short for the minimum order so pile on if you want crash bars for your TDM MK1. The details are all in the a thread over on Carpe TDM here:http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=27360 . So check that out and get in on this group buy!
Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #2828
Starkmojo
Chief Totberry

Oddometer: 336
Sent my info in this morning. We are down to 5

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
Rule number one kid is don't be a dumbass like your old man
Starkmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #2829
Hank.SD
Jet Measurer

Oddometer: 1,268
I sold my Mk I last night and the new owner said on the way home the speedometer needle broke off! Does anyone have any idea if another model shares a speedo? TDM speedos don't grow on trees!
Hank.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #2830
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Turn signal help!

I had a rectifier go out on my 92 TDM 850. It caused all sorts of overloading on electrical system. My turn signals will not work at all now. Any suggestions? I can hear the relay clicking, but no signals. Bulbs and fuses are fine after I replaced them. Thanks for any advice!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #2831
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,373
It might be as simple as buying a new T/S flasher. It sounds like the T/S handlebar switch is working if it is cycling the flasher when slected. The other electrical portion within the flasher that completes the circuit flow to the lights though may have been toasted.
AdvRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 AM   #2832
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

I have to agree with ADVRich on this one. The relay part can make all the right noises and still not function. Try metering the output lugs of the relay to verify input voltage is actually making its way back out of that thing. This might be any easy fix by just swapping relays.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #2833
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

Just a plug for the group buy we have going for Crashbars...

So The Crash Bars for Early TDM's are awaiting you at Renntec in the UK. We have a group buy going on for ten folks. I think we are up to seven so pile on quick if you want crash bars for your TDM MK1.

They are being made for us right now and will be ready to ship in a couple weeks!!!

The details are all in the a thread over on Carpe TDM here:http://www.carpe-tdm.net/ipb/index.php?showtopic=27360 . So check that out and get over to Renntec to reserve one of only three available sets of bars left in this group buy!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:01 AM   #2834
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
Question

I have 92 TDM 850, can I get a set?
Old 06-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #2835
bumbadeeda
Adventurer

crashbars

email Hannah at Renntec. Her addy is info@renntec.co.uk and she'll get you sorted out. Dunno where you are in the world but shipping is the hardest pill to swallow on the deal. Just close your eyes and give her you cc info...