Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #106
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead View Post
Does anyone actually listen to Cal any more?

I hope he doesn't become another Spies.
To late he's 1/2 way there.
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #107
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,569
Fantastic race and astonishing rides from the top three. Even Lorenzo was very speccy at first. Wonder what went wrong there?

One thing that bothered me was Marquez's rejoining the circuit so smoothly after he ran off that time into One, trying to overtake Rossi. It was pretty much run off or crash then for Marquez, so he stood up and ran off. But he rode down the escape road and rejoined after the ess bend alongside Rossi, who was leading, and ahead of Pedrosa. He then slowed a bit and let Pedrosa overtake him - but before the lap was out he'd gone back past Pedrosa and was hunting down Rossi.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in other forms of motorsport and I suppose the rule says only that he can't gain an advantage by leaving the circuit. In which case, technically, he might not even have had to wave Pedrosa past as he was ahead of him when he left the track.

Nevertheless, for me it makes the result a bit artificial. The key advantage Marquez gained by leaving the circuit was avoiding a crash. Neither Rossi nor Pedrosa needed that kind of help - at least until the final couple of corners.

BTW: Is anybody still wanting to tell us that Rossi was a fool to fire Burgess?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #108
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post

Rossi wins with JB: 80
Rossi wins without JB: 0

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #109
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,225
Good race. Was hoping for Anyone But Marquez. Oh well.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:16 AM   #110
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,878
Yea Mark!!!!
I think if Danny had taken out Marky at the end there, he would have been looking for a job tomorrow morning.
I would love to see this kid win every race this season.
And it just may happen!

CW
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #111
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,219
Spoilers Below!

MotoGP:

V

V

V

V

1. Marquez
2. Rossi
3. Pedrosa
4. Lorenzo
5. Bradley
6. A. Espargaro
7. P. Espargaro
8. Dovisioso
9. Iannone
10. Smith

13. Hayden

18. Edwards

DNF. Crutchlow (only lasted 15 laps - unsure why)

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #112
yooperbikemike OP
high, wide and handsome

Oddometer: 12,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
MotoGP:

13. Hayden
Race control said that Redding cut T1 and docked him points, which elevated Hayden to 12th

yooperbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:25 AM   #113
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C.F.RIDER View Post
Yea Mark!!!!
I think if Danny had taken out Marky at the end there, he would have been looking for a job tomorrow morning.
I would love to see this kid win every race this season.
And it just may happen!

CW
I don't think Pedrosa would have been at fault here--I think it was more of a Marquez "moment" that led to the contact.
Old 06-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #114
Tijuana_Taxi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCeeGS View Post
I don't think Pedrosa would have been at fault here--I think it was more of a Marquez "moment" that led to the contact.
What "moment"....being in front? He seems to have that moment every time it counts this season!
Tijuana_Taxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #115
tinhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
It made me laugh seeing the smelly midget's forced smile during the podium interview. He said he was happy. The rest of the time he looked like his dog just died.

I'll never forget 2006, at least Pedro remembered it enough not to knock his teammate down when he runs into him.
tinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:02 AM   #116
K0m4
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 551
Great race again! Even though Marquez claims all points so far, every race is really fun to watch in a way that it wasn't for many seasons. And I'm happy to see JLo seemingly having matured into a racer, who'se gritty and grinding fairings when need be! And that Rossi is up there challenging - there's something romantic about that.

Quote:
One thing that bothered me was Marquez's rejoining the circuit so smoothly after he ran off that time into One, trying to overtake Rossi. It was pretty much run off or crash then for Marquez, so he stood up and ran off. But he rode down the escape road and rejoined after the ess bend alongside Rossi, who was leading, and ahead of Pedrosa. He then slowed a bit and let Pedrosa overtake him - but before the lap was out he'd gone back past Pedrosa and was hunting down Rossi.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in other forms of motorsport and I suppose the rule says only that he can't gain an advantage by leaving the circuit. In which case, technically, he might not even have had to wave Pedrosa past as he was ahead of him when he left the track.

Nevertheless, for me it makes the result a bit artificial. The key advantage Marquez gained by leaving the circuit was avoiding a crash. Neither Rossi nor Pedrosa needed that kind of help - at least until the final couple of corners.
Are you saying that people shouldn't be allowed to save a crash and then continue..? I only see it as positive that there are better chances for a rider to rejoin after a mistake - the gravel trap generally breaks something off even at low speeds that forces retirement. And that surely cannot be better? Granted, saves like Ajo's are more spectacular to watch!

Quote:
wait, what?? Someone runs into you from behind - meaning really from behind, he wasn't even able to challenge for the line at that moment - and it is your fault?? Are you seriously saying that there is any way, shape or form that you would be able to lay that on Marquez, had they gone down?

Introduction/ride report: what's in an adventure?
K0m4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #117
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,267
Quote:
+1 Marquez was laying down some very aggressive passes to barge through too. Pedrosa showed a lot of grit there and despite 3rd was pretty chipper in the post-race. I don't see why he would be taking a pay cut any time soon.

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #118
RealChemist
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
A couple thoughts from the races.

-The Moto3 crash with Juanfran Guevara was not pretty. He hit the barrier pretty hard. I don't think it would have turned out the same way if a MotoGP bike went down there. I can definitely see the concern with the premier class bikes getting too fast for some tracks/runoff areas

-Aegerter has impressed me this year. Just keeps quiet and goes about his work. The results show as he has been doing much better than last year.
RealChemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #119
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 1,007
It looked to me like Marquez gave Pedrosa a brake check in the last turn to try to force him wide not knowing that Pedrosa was lined up to his inside.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #120
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Fantastic race and astonishing rides from the top three. Even Lorenzo was very speccy at first. Wonder what went wrong there?

I agree, I think they should have had MM sit up one position.

Great race!