Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2014, 09:51 AM   #121
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,698
Rossi almost had it! He need a tiny bit more from his bike the last few laps, he was certainly up for the scrap. He did not look happy at the end of the interviews. He knows he has it.

My book "If You Look at Your Health in a New Way..." is available here
and as PDF here
available in Kindle format here
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #122
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,336
yes, Rossi appears to be close....

But how much extra does Marquez still have?? He did make passing Dani look easy, though it was one of DP's strongest races in a long time.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #123
xltrider
Seasoned Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Really good race. Dani was very good today. He did more to impress me with his battle with his TEAMMATE than I was with Rossi. I have come to expect that kind of performance, as well as Marquez's.
2012 Suzuki DL1000
xltrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #124
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,704
While Marquez did re-join he sat up to behind Pedrosa, then quickly went back to second.
Pedrosa was riding over his head to get into second. He was not going to get the win. His tires is my guess. Rossi was there, Marquez wins again by crashing several times and only knowing it once. That turn one run-off.
I thought at first we were going to see Lorenzo of old run off and win. He must have cooked his tires way early. That is set up considering they were all on Mediums front and rear I think.

Good races all around though Moto2 had me almost napping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Fantastic race and astonishing rides from the top three. Even Lorenzo was very speccy at first. Wonder what went wrong there?

One thing that bothered me was Marquez's rejoining the circuit so smoothly after he ran off that time into One, trying to overtake Rossi. It was pretty much run off or crash then for Marquez, so he stood up and ran off. But he rode down the escape road and rejoined after the ess bend alongside Rossi, who was leading, and ahead of Pedrosa. He then slowed a bit and let Pedrosa overtake him - but before the lap was out he'd gone back past Pedrosa and was hunting down Rossi.

I've seen this sort of thing happen in other forms of motorsport and I suppose the rule says only that he can't gain an advantage by leaving the circuit. In which case, technically, he might not even have had to wave Pedrosa past as he was ahead of him when he left the track.

Nevertheless, for me it makes the result a bit artificial. The key advantage Marquez gained by leaving the circuit was avoiding a crash. Neither Rossi nor Pedrosa needed that kind of help - at least until the final couple of corners.

BTW: Is anybody still wanting to tell us that Rossi was a fool to fire Burgess?
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #125
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead View Post
, I hope he doesn't become another Spies.
You mean a MotoGP race winner? Don't worry, that isn't going to happen.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #126
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Good race. Was hoping for Anyone But Marquez. Oh well.
+1. Seeing either Rossi and Pedrosa win would have been fantastic.

It's funny reading people's post though and how they interpret the race and it makes me wonder how people can see things so differently than from what I saw/interpreted. One things seems certain though, when Dani shows some speed it certainly brings out the trailer trash.
swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #127
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skowinski View Post
I'm kinda puzzled by Crutchlow's complaining, it is clear enough to the rest of the world what he was climbing onto with the Ducati deal. He had to know better than most of us what he was getting into.
Can't wait to hear the whining after this race.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #128
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Good race. Was hoping for Anyone But Marquez. Oh well.
As a Rossi fan I was hoping for a win for him, BOTOH, Marquez is something special this year, and a perfect season is historic. And it's hard not to love his sliding through the corners.

How much of the race was Marquez sitting behind Rossi studying him?

Old 06-15-2014, 12:20 PM   #129
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalRob View Post
Can't wait to hear the whining after this race.
Same whine as before. He is not helping himself.

I bet that Tech3 Yamaha with Nissin brakes is in his mind

and as PDF here
Old 06-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #130
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post

What is sad is Ducati could have Hayden riding their bike this year getting at least the same results, and Hayden would be talking about how hard Ducati is trying and how much progress is being made and what a great company Ducati is.

Ducati are idiots.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #131
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCeeGS View Post
I don't think Pedrosa would have been at fault here--I think it was more of a Marquez "moment" that led to the contact.
In the interview post race it think Pedrobot said Mark was running tighter lines through the corners, upsetting the midget's ( Sorry! Little Person) flow.
That's not brake-checking, that's keeping your lead.

Quote:
Rossi almost had it! He need a tiny bit more from his bike the last few laps, he was certainly up for the scrap. He did not look happy at the end of the interviews. He knows he has it.

I wonder if his finishing pace had anything to do with fuel limits?
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:29 PM   #132
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,178
Quote:
What is sad is Ducati could have Hayden riding their bike this year getting at least the same results, and Hayden would be talking about how hard Ducati is trying and how much progress is being made and what a great company Ducati is.

Ducati are idiots.

True. I'm sure he would've stayed on the shit wagon and acted happy for them.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #133
ErikY.
Insulhater

Oddometer: 2,198
Quote:

I agree that he'd be better served to try and be positive in the press. But would be tough when you are A-type, your bike fails on you a couple of times, your teammate is literally miles in front, and even the nOOb on last year's bike is ahead

As for last year's ride, his option to go to a factory ride/lifestyle (IE Ducati $$) was a given IMO. He wasn't going to bump Val or Jorge, and Honda had no interest either.

I think that once the bike's running right he will be a 3/4/5 contender; maybe next year. He just needs to be patient and shut his cakehole otherwise there's a stream of contenders coming up behind him who are not yet as beat up as he is. Plus the team has to feel somewhat shit on from his comments; also not good. Lose the team's hearts and it's over.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #134
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Ducati are idiots.
Yep. They refused to make the changes Vale and Jeremy told them to make. Idiots.

and as PDF here
Old 06-15-2014, 01:36 PM   #135
sailor22
Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer: 371
If you don't think this is a new golden age of spectating at GP racing, well, your not paying attention. The last two race weekends have provided some absolutely superlative riding and racing. Looking at the helicopter shots it was clear that DP and MM were losing the front several times in most corners. The Traction control was saving the back from coming around several times in most corners too. Pushing to their absolute limit as the bike squirms, slides, twitches and tries to pitch you on your head. Yes!

As for the future, MM has enough personality to fill in the blanks after Rossi retires and seems to have the fan base to make it happen.
Kalio is looking a lot like MM looked a few years ago and that speaks very well for the future of prototype racing.
Miller and Fenati...shee-it, as much fun as this was today, this will be huge fun for years to come! It may prove to be the rivalry of the future. Did I forget to mention the younger Marquez? Can't wait till he lines up against his big brother.

And accolades to the GP feed coverage. The new camera that looks through the corner is super.
sailor22 is offline   Reply With Quote