Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #121
NomadGal OP
Esther

Oddometer: 1,049
Guess what, I am taking turns driving a van to Edmonton. Picking up two jetskis with Mitch.
In high Level now, 8 more hours to go
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #122
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Wow! You sure get around!
The steering damper showed up today, if that is really what's in the box I haven't opened it.
No shock yet.
Jim messaged me that he sent the brake disc today and was told it would be 3-5 days......Oh Sorry!!
Have fun in EDMUNDCHUCK!! You might want to check the dealer for brake shoes if you have time I think they will be WAY pricy$$ there. Aftermarket they are about $38 and a rotor is $99 just for reference. Was the $240 for the rotor you were quoted from the dealer? If you don"t get time no worries. Any chance you will be here by Saturday Outback was wondering if he should pick up veggi burgers! I would say unlikely? It's all good either way!
Regards....justjeff
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #123
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
not soo fast!

Esther, how about you hang around at Jim's for a bit? The Ohlins shock should be there around July 10
You are going waaay too fast.
It's a beauty, though. I put my best Ohlins Service center R&D guy on the job and none of us spared any expense or effort to get it to be perfect.
Check it out!
Attached Images

Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 03:19 AM   #124
Floyd111
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
we even got a matching color bump rubber... for the artist in you
Floyd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #125
Jettn Jim
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,739
Thumb

That thing's a beauty!
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 06:07 AM   #126
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd111 View Post
Esther, how about you hang around at Jim's for a bit? The Ohlins shock should be there around July 10
It's a beauty, though. I put my best Ohlins Service center R&D guy on the job and none of us spared any expense or effort to get it to be perfect.
Check it out!
Haha, you meant to say hang at Jeff's. Jim lives in the US. And I hope you mean June 10th
The shock looks gorgeous!!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #127
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by just jeff View Post
Wow! You sure get around!
The steering damper showed up today, if that is really what's in the box I haven't opened it.
No shock yet.
Jim messaged me that he sent the brake disc today and was told it would be 3-5 days......Oh Sorry!!
Have fun in EDMUNDCHUCK!! You might want to check the dealer for brake shoes if you have time I think they will be WAY pricy$$ there. Aftermarket they are about $38 and a rotor is $99 just for reference. Was the $240 for the rotor you were quoted from the dealer? If you don"t get time no worries. Any chance you will be here by Saturday Outback was wondering if he should pick up veggi burgers! I would say unlikely? It's all good either way!
Regards....justjeff
Hey Jeff, not gonna make it there that fast! Will be back in Fort Simpson Friday, and sleep the whole day!
Then going to check out Yellow Knife.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:37 AM   #128
Schussboelie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
And I hope you mean June 10th
That's almost another year of waiting!?!

:) I think/hope he did he mean July 10th...
Schussboelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:37 AM   #129
Nomadmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Check it out!
Looks great, nice colour too!
Nomadmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #130
just jeff
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadGal View Post
Hey Jeff, not gonna make it there that fast! Will be back in Fort Simpson Friday, and sleep the whole day!
Then going to check out Yellow Knife.
Sounds good Nomadgal! I didn't think so but thought I better check. Take your time see the sights! That is what it's all about. There is no rush....plus I might be able to get my house cleaning done!! When ever you get here you are welcome to hang around as long as you like.

Just so everyone is on the same month....uh page, July 10th is next Thursday!! So tomorrow is July 4th, Happy Independence Day to all my American Brothers and Sisters!
Floyd111....If you have a tracking number could you pm it to me and I will keep an eye on it from my end too.

Best Regards....justjeff
ErikMotoMan: "People struggle with many things in their lives. But the answer to struggle isn’t MORE struggle. It’s peace. If you want more joy, peace, love, happiness… you have to GIVE those things first. You have to THINK those things. You have to have faith that they’ll come to you, despite what you may see. The truth isn’t in what you see with your eyes. It’s what you feel in your heart."
just jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #131
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Oddometer: 474
Ahhhh, finally found the new report. I'm a little slow.

woodsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:40 PM   #132
NomadGal OP
Esther

I'm back in Fort Simpson!
I can tell you that not sleeping for two nights in a row is not something that I can do!!!

Little way cabin for the stranded motorist in the winter, a place to get out of the cold. It had a barrel stove to burn wood in and some funky wood benches to keep you off the floor.

Mitch and I took turns driving and even the first night I had some problems keeping my eyes open, but we stopped a lot and drank coffee so I made it till daylight. Then because we arrived a tad early we parked at a rest stop for an hour or so for some shuteye. I could't sleep, bummer!
We ran around Edmonton pretty much all day, picking up stuff, including new brake pads and chain lube, picked up the jet skies and trailer, and stopped by Costco for a box of Lara bars. I was bummed to find out that the Canadian Costco does not carry Tasty Bite

Finally by around 5 we headed back to Fort Simpson.
Barely an hour out of Edmonton we got hit by a heavy storm. Hail the size of golfballs (luckily not rock hard but sludgy) was smashing down on the car and the window. I thought for sure the window was going to crack, and the roof totally dent.
Afterward it turned into a torrential downpour, where you I barely see in front of me! I'm glad that I'd lived on Kauai for so many years, and had gotten used to rainstorms like that.
The rain lasted a while and for short periods it only drizzled or stopped, but after a while it picked back up again and it basically kept raining non stop.
We kept drinking coffee and taking stops, stretching out legs (Mitch smoking) and me running to the bathroom thanks to the coffee, but by three AM I didn't dare climbing behind the wheel again, I was done for. It might have worked if I had put toothpicks between my eyelids but seeing as that seemed rather painful I opted out of that solution.
Mitch got a room at a Quality Inn in High Level (amazing place by the way with an awesome shower and heavenly beds) and we both conked out. Well, I know I conked out the second my head hit my pillow, Mitch checked the news for a while.
I slept like a log, trying to make up for lost sleep I suppose, but 6 hours later the alarm went off and we had to hit the road again (after I insisted that I needed to try the nice looking shower )
I travel, without a shower, so every opportunity I get to actually take one, I got to grab.
It was still a bit drizzly and we stopped at he Esso to gas up.
The Esso has this amazing salad in the cooler! It's Kale and cranberries, sunflower seeds, shredded broccoli and other things topped with a poppyseed dressing. Just GOOOOOOODDDD!!
Once we got back on the dirt my heart sank a bit!!! It looked just like the Top of the World Hwy!!! Slick and slippery! I would have to ride that tomorrow?? 200 km of it?? Ahhhh.
I kept hoping the rain would stop or at least have not hit the part near Fort Simpson, but nope, it was muddy everywhere, and it kept raining.
We stopped at one point to see if we could find Morels, but the only ones we found were old and utterly soggy! I think the rain ruined what was left of them.
We did stop at a waterfall.

What an amazing amount of water!!! The mud creating variegated colors.

Yeah, the van wasn't exactly the cleanest place after heaps of coffee and candies!

We hopped back on the ferry and got home around 8 PM
I cooked dinner real fast as I was hungry and am now fighting to keep my eyes open long enough to post my RR
Old 07-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #133
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
we even got a matching color bump rubber... for the artist in you
Old 07-04-2014, 10:42 PM   #134
NomadGal OP
Esther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schussboelie View Post
That's almost another year of waiting!?!

:) I think/hope he did he mean July 10th...
Ooops!!!! I forgot it was July already
Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 PM   #135
NomadGal OP
Esther

The smallest KLR enthusiast!!

Just received these from Kim, a Korean feller I met at the Watson Lake campsite.