User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
storx OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
07 450EXC: Rear Brakes Adjustable?

I recently bought an 2007 450EXC with low miles and both brakes were working fine tell this past ride and now the rear brake acts like it doesnt want to do anything.. when i press the pedal it starts to engage, but then it doesnt apply any braking power..

I put the bike on lift and ran it in first gear to see if i could see something wrong and the rear brake wont even stop the rear tire in first from free spinning fully.. it will start to apply pressure but the engine just idling makes enough power to just barely continue to spin without stalling with no throttle.. so i am confused what the issue is.. i checked the fluid and its spot on.. so a little confused.. during the past ride i used the brakes one good time that actually locked up the rear tire from about 30mph... and that is the last time i remember it actually working correctly..
storx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:20 AM   #2
rufus
We're burning daylight...

Oddometer: 3,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by storx View Post
I recently bought an 2007 450EXC with low miles and both brakes were working fine tell this past ride and now the rear brake acts like it doesnt want to do anything.. when i press the pedal it starts to engage, but then it doesnt apply any braking power..

I put the bike on lift and ran it in first gear to see if i could see something wrong and the rear brake wont even stop the rear tire in first from free spinning fully.. it will start to apply pressure but the engine just idling makes enough power to just barely continue to spin without stalling with no throttle.. so i am confused what the issue is.. i checked the fluid and its spot on.. so a little confused.. during the past ride i used the brakes one good time that actually locked up the rear tire from about 30mph... and that is the last time i remember it actually working correctly..

Look on the bottom/back of the pedal. There is a height adjusting bolt that can come loose and stop the brake pedal too soon.

If you want your brake pedal lower than the footpeg you wil need to grind off the piece that goes into the master cylinder.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote