Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 08:32 PM   #151
Culcune
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdmove View Post
Whew!! The big island became an inhospitable environment lately. The damage from hurricane Iselle is heavily concentrated in the Puna District, and that's where we are. Before we lost all means of communications, the predicted route showed the eye of the hurricane literally going right over my house, which is in Hawaiin Paradise Park, which is about 12 miles south of hilo. I have at least 4 big trees from my neighbors property that fell our way. 2-3 fell onto our carport roof; one fell into the back yard; one fell into the tree next to it, and that's what's holding it up. Several smaller trees fell within our property. We finally got power about 6:00 pm last night. There are areas that are really torn up in Puna. Trees laying every which way and power lines down all over. The only reason we still have a driveable 2002 Toyota Tacoma pickup is because we decided to park it in another area Thursday afternoon as the hurricane was approaching us. Both scooters were well protected under the carport roof. But, that roof could have easily collapsed if another tree or two decided to fall on that roof. I was in one bad mid west tornado when I was about 8 (and I'm soon to be 61), which was a scary event too.
You have a little more to worry about than a bike! Glad to read that you dodged several bullets here!!
Culcune is online now   Reply With Quote