ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Multiple choice, choose as many as applicable:
Why aren't we doing this now 11 20.75%
July 10 18.87%
Aug 18 33.96%
Sept 19 35.85%
Whenever 25 47.17%
Hotel 8 15.09%
Cabin 11 20.75%
Campground 29 54.72%
Dispersed camping 31 58.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #211
Hesaid OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by piedralone View Post
I think I will be joining you all providing schedule/plans work out. Can't remember last ride WARPED? I will know first part of next week. If works out, I will be trailering up with the baby toy hauler leaving Fri noonish. If it happens as planned I will have room for gear and a bike or two to take up the hill if someone is in need.
Great to have you along! We met you with PotentialScat at Hume, what was it, a year ago now? Scat wasn't sure how his schedule was going to work out, but we're hoping they can make it. I'll shoot him a PM in a day or two. Looks like they got some rain in those parts over the last few days, hopefully it'll keep doing that and the streams will exist and the dirt will be a bit better.

MV
Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 PM   #212
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbasher1 View Post
Longtallsally, Are those dogs Ridgebacks? I cant tell from the picture. ironbasher1
Good eye. This is an older picture, but just to show our expectations of the mutts, they are waiting for mom to come in the door- that goes through the kitchen. They are not allowed in the kitchen. There is no gate, they just know and this pic is with zero direction from me.

So this tells you 2 things: they are well behaved and mannered, and you don't want to be walking in with them to greet you if you are not supposed to be there. They aren't thugs, as they'll know if you are OK, but you definitely know they are around.

Getting back on topic, the other pic was in Jawbone canyon and we've taken them through part of the Rubicon as well. If I took the Jeep through the Dusy, they'd be in heaven.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:45 PM   #213
Gebogen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 466
Hounds

Those guys are kicka$$, how much do they weigh?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #214
Hesaid OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Good eye. This is an older picture, but just to show our expectations of the mutts, they are waiting for mom to come in the door- that goes through the kitchen. They are not allowed in the kitchen. There is no gate, they just know and this pic is with zero direction from me.

So this tells you 2 things: they are well behaved and mannered, and you don't want to be walking in with them to greet you if you are not supposed to be there. They aren't thugs, as they'll know if you are OK, but you definitely know they are around.

Getting back on topic, the other pic was in Jawbone canyon and we've taken them through part of the Rubicon as well. If I took the Jeep through the Dusy, they'd be in heaven.
Ahhh... So I'll finally get to see some Ridgebacks. Many have commented that my dog could well have some Ridgeback in him. Including a Ridgeback breeder when he was a puppy. She wanted to know where I got him, since she was about the only breeder in our area, and didn't recognize us. While I personally, think my dog is a mutt, with a large part of the "?" from his tag when I adopted him, all the comments and questions did get me looking into the Ridgebacks, and I liked what I was hearing/reading. I'll be looking forward to meeting yours.

You let them out to run alongside while you 'wheel? Buddy of mine tried that with a ten year old once. What a day. Big thumbs up to all the Sierra National Forest people, the Fresno County Sheriff's dept, some firemen, and the folks who gave the kid a ride down Bald mtn. And a big thumbs down to the ten year old's mom. Talk about no sense of humor. I mean seriously... We got your kid back, didn't we?

MV
Old 08-12-2014, 10:05 PM   #215
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Yeah they are great dogs and we love them dearly- as does little man.

They are about 100lbs each now and are half brothers. Hollywood is 8 and Monte is approaching 2 (he was part of the last litter of the father).

Hollywood is super chill while Monte is still very much a puppy. I need to start training him on the treadmill like we used to Hollywood as he needs to get a bit more trim. This is a quick video of one of his workouts.

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/h...93efd42b1551ba

They are both pretty long- the boss is 6'1"

Old 08-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #216
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
They are both pretty long- the boss is 6'1"

OK, now I'm confused. With your avatar, I assumed it was you who was the model for the Long Tall Sally catalog. Kimberly is 5'11" and loves their long pants.

High Country Herb screwed with this post 08-14-2014 at 11:54 AM
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #217
GoSpeed
'getting there

Oddometer: 58
My friend, Steve, is also planning to join, along with his wife, Pamela. (Steve is on ADVRider, but, I don't know his screen name.) They ride two-up on His Husky 650 Terra. Our plan is to get there Thursday evening and get some riding in on Friday, before the masses arrive. I'm driving a Merc Mountaineer pulling a white cargo trailer.

HeSaid - I downloaded the GPX file and just want to confirm the location of the campgrounds. Comparing your GoogleMaps link to Mapsource, it appears the campsite is called Camp Bald, and is very close to your 'NOOB EXIT' waypoint. Is this right? 'Cause you don't actually refer to it as Camp Bald. You just say it is "near Glen Meadow Creek." Is the camping spot actually on this Glen Meadow Loop, that I have highlighted in yellow?

Only a week away!
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 PM   #218
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
OK, now I'm confused. With your avatar, I assumed it was you who was the model for the Long Tall Sally catalog. Kimberly is 5'11" and loves their long pants.

msbianca used to do some modeling, but never for them as near as I know.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #219
WHOISDIRK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
It'll be great to have some ridgebacks around. I used to look after my friend's when he traveled and they are a very smart and well behaved breed. I'm glad there are two because, like Kimberly, I'll probably try to spend all my non-riding time with the dogs and this way we won't have to fight over one.
WHOISDIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #220
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
I may drive up in the Jeep but Im out on two wheels. Tore my bicep tendon Tuesday....
Old 08-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #221
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOISDIRK View Post
It'll be great to have some ridgebacks around. I used to look after my friend's when he traveled and they are a very smart and well behaved breed. I'm glad there are two because, like Kimberly, I'll probably try to spend all my non-riding time with the dogs and this way we won't have to fight over one.
Monte won't leave you guys alone, so you'll get plenty of puppy (albeit 100 lbs of it) affection. Hollywood likes the attention, but until he's satisfied that mom is ok, he sticks close to her and the baby.

Also, I suspect bears won't come around as Hollywood is pretty attentive.

Getting back on target, I'm kinda bummed I won't have time to install them, but I'm ordering correct spring rates for my goony goo goo butt on the little bike, which will make it just about done for me.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #222
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
I may drive up in the Jeep but Im out on two wheels. Tore my bicep tendon Tuesday....
Well that just sucks. Hope you can make it and heal up.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #223
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay View Post
Well that's no good. My co-worker did something similar trying to pick up his GS ADV after dropping it off road.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #224
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Well that's no good. My co-worker did something similar trying to pick up his GS ADV after dropping it off road.
Thats exactly what I did, although it was a Beta
Old 08-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #225
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 4,940

Max the dirt dog.