ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Multiple choice, choose as many as applicable:
Why aren't we doing this now 11 20.75%
July 10 18.87%
Aug 18 33.96%
Sept 19 35.85%
Whenever 25 47.17%
Hotel 8 15.09%
Cabin 11 20.75%
Campground 29 54.72%
Dispersed camping 31 58.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #286
ironbasher1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
coarsegoldkid in

Glad you could make it Joe! ironbasher1
ironbasher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:45 PM   #287
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
In! Arriving Friday about noonish.
Glad you'll be able to join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveOJester View Post
You obviously haven't spent much time up there...plenty of good stuff if you know where to look!
FiveOJester, I think I might have forgotten to answer you from a few pages back regarding what time we'd be riding on Saturday, I think we're still deciding, but so many will be getting there Friday, I think it'll be towards the earlier side. Are you coming up? What time would you arrive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Limits View Post
Is there a map for the camping location?

Probably the easiest thing to do is go read the first post, it has a .gpx file, and a link to another post with another .gpx file that should have them. I'm making a map to post up, but you'll have to give me a few minutes...

MV
Old 08-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #288
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbasher1 View Post
Glad you could make it Joe! ironbasher1
Hey Ironbasher, what time are you heading up? Are you riding or trucking? Have you decided on a route? We've got some ideas... Gimme a minute...

MV
Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #289
ironbasher1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Laugh riding or trucking

Hi Hesaid, I had considered just riding down from the house to davis flat and up blackrock ,that would certainly be the shortest route for me but not ever having attached luggage to the Beta I had no idea how that would go, so I am trucking up the four lane. Like Joe I am planning on arriving noonish, I dont have any notions about routes ,I thought I would play it by ear when I arrived. ironbasher1

ironbasher1 screwed with this post 08-21-2014 at 06:19 PM
ironbasher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #290
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,272

A highly recomended map to go along with this one...

and a highly reccomended stop for gas and food at pineridge (top of the 4 lane)

Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #291
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, here's a map of getting to camp. Something I ought to have done a little earlier...

MAP

I figured I'd start the map at "Pineridge" which is pretty much the top of the four lane portion of the 168. It also happens to be where both Auberry rd and Tollhouse rd join the 168. So if you're coming up from the south, down from the north, or just plain up the 168, you're going to go right through "A".

Then you'll follow the 168 until "B", where you'll see this:

You'll make the right turn onto Dinkey Creek rd, and go about 9 miles, until "C", where you'll see this:

Here you'll wanna turn left onto this road:

The road will be rather rough for the first half mile or so, which is about as far as you'll be going. You'll go down hill and cross a stream to "D", and then look to the left for a dirt road like this:

Turn on to that road, and start looking for Noobs.

Any questions?

MV

Hesaid screwed with this post 08-21-2014 at 07:00 PM
Hesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #292
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thank you Wrk2surf for including a picture of Pineridge, which I did not have. By the way, are you coming up?

For those wishing to purchase maps, the little ranger station at Dinkey Creek usually has them, and last time I was in and mentioned MVUM's, she said she'd just heard of them and was going to try to stock up. Plus it seems to be staffed by a husband and wife volunteer team who are interested in getting into adventure touring on bikes. Maybe we can offer them a mini bike show!

MV
Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #293
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Plus it seems to be staffed by a husband and wife volunteer team who are interested in getting into adventure touring on bikes. Maybe we can offer them a mini bike show!

MV
Great idea!
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #294
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 521
According to the MVUM the camp is at 10S56. Your tracks show going down a short spur called 10S56TO.07 to the left. Or does it matter?
http://tinyurl.com/lcy2yhu
http://tinyurl.com/lhgznun

coarsegoldkid screwed with this post 08-21-2014 at 08:20 PM
coarsegoldkid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:23 PM   #295
paredaks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Something came up with the family and can't make it this weekend. Bummed but have fun!
paredaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:34 PM   #296
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
According to the MVUM the camp is at 10S56. Your tracks show going down a short spur called 10S56TO.07 to the left. Or does it matter?
Geez, I've never seen a number for the road, or any acknowledgement on any map(s). It's always just been a short spur off of 9S09. If it actually has a number that would be great.

[checks PDF of MVUM] Well I'll be damned. You're right. And even that short spur is on there. The spur goes to two sites closest to the creek. Great for bikes, not so great for large vehicles. But anywhere back the 10S56 road is good. It's all pretty close to each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredaks View Post
Something came up with the family and can't make it this weekend. Bummed but have fun!
Bummer. I was looking forward to meeting your bike, as well as meeting you. But fear not, something tells me we'll be doing something like this again in the future...

MV
Old 08-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #297
Kenny M.
Tepid Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Really wanted to do this but Doc says no. At least one more month in a boot than PT. Blown out Achilles from the Mendo rally.
74 Norton Commando
10 KLX250s
Kenny M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 AM   #298
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Thank you Wrk2surf for including a picture of Pineridge, which I did not have. By the way, are you coming up?

For those wishing to purchase maps, the little ranger station at Dinkey Creek usually has them, and last time I was in and mentioned MVUM's, she said she'd just heard of them and was going to try to stock up. Plus it seems to be staffed by a husband and wife volunteer team who are interested in getting into adventure touring on bikes. Maybe we can offer them a mini bike show!

MV
No sadly I have plans for the Yosemite youth football carnival tomorrow.

You can pick those maps up at a few of the places shown it the photos. Cressmans, Youngs sporting goods or the liquor store at dinkey and at the sierra museum near the edison campground by the lake.
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:28 AM   #299
WHOISDIRK
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
sad times

Loading up the bike one of the racks broke and on closer inspection the other looks a little weak from rust. Looks like I won't be able to make this one. Have a great time and stay safe
WHOISDIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #300
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOISDIRK View Post
Loading up the bike one of the racks broke and on closer inspection the other looks a little weak from rust. Looks like I won't be able to make this one. Have a great time and stay safe
The bike or the truck? Shoot, if you can get out to the east bay, you can use my HF trailer if you like...

Little bike loaded and just need the boss to pack the cooler and fill the water tanks on the camper and we'll be out shortly after she gets home. Now just to make it though the next 5 hours of conference calls....