ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Multiple choice, choose as many as applicable:
Why aren't we doing this now 11 20.75%
July 10 18.87%
Aug 18 33.96%
Sept 19 35.85%
Whenever 25 47.17%
Hotel 8 15.09%
Cabin 11 20.75%
Campground 29 54.72%
Dispersed camping 31 58.49%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2014, 01:02 AM   #106
Shesaid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
(wasn't that the Grinch's dog's name?)

Yes, theGrinch's dog is named Max. ironic huh?

Not really. I just think you're Cindy Lou Who now.
Shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #107
Shesaid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
for those of you unwilling to do what bears do in the woods (which, as near as I can tell is walk around sniffing at bushes and gnawing on stuff...).

MV
I've never camped with a man who wasn't willing to do what bears do in the woods.
Shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:50 AM   #108
ADV_Riz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
So who is coming out on Friday? Hell I might come out on Thursday! (I work 12 hour days so I get long weekends)

The artist formerly known as adrisley.
ADV_Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #109
mramosc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrisley View Post
So who is coming out on Friday? Hell I might come out on Thursday! (I work 12 hour days so I get long weekends)
I'm planning going on early Friday, where are you? I'm leaving from San Jose.
mramosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:54 AM   #110
ADV_Riz
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mramosc View Post
I'm planning going on early Friday, where are you? I'm leaving from San Jose.
I'm in Napa

Old 07-04-2014, 05:47 AM   #111
paredaks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Central Sierra Noob ride

Quote:
I think you guys are all in for a trip on the Dusy-Ershim, right? I'm no expert, but I'm thinking that's not going to be a good one for the big bike.

I like how at this point, we've not heard from the Grinch, but we all seem to know what he'll be doing, and on which bike!

MV

I'm in for most anything in theory, but I'm definitely a noob on a bigger Tiger 800 and don't want to get out of my minimal skill range. Not to be a drag but just smart. if this is a small bike rough trail dirt run I dunno if this is my trip anymore...

paredaks screwed with this post 07-04-2014 at 05:50 AM Reason: trepidation
paredaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #112
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by paredaks View Post
I'm in for most anything in theory, but I'm definitely a noob on a bigger Tiger 800 and don't want to get out of my minimal skill range. Not to be a drag but just smart. if this is a small bike rough trail dirt run I dunno if this is my trip anymore...
There is plenty to do and see on the Tiger, I had one for awhile and rode it all over the area. Its your trip........

PS, do you have knobbies on yet? TKC80s did very well on my XC for black top and dirt. I suggest getting rid of the Bridgestones as soon as you can.

McKay screwed with this post 07-04-2014 at 09:27 AM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #113
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
Well shoot, should I bring the camper now? Sheesh, here I am trying to get back to my roots and all, and you clowns are getting me to truck the little bike in and now wanting to be comfy... SHEESH!

And yes, if Perry and Grinch are bringing the little orange funmobiles, I'm going small bike!
Id like to bring my Hauler but I dont think Im going to if the location stays at Dinkey.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #114
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 7,768
Quote:
I'm with ya, man. Don't worry, there are tons of roads we can explore on the big bikes. I'd like to try some challenging trails, but no rock climbing for the Aprilia.

I think we're coming out Friday, but will be in kinda late. We'll be leaving Sonora after work, so maybe 8:30 or 9:00.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #115
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrisley View Post
Shesaid and I are heading up on Friday, at least, that's the plan. Now she's talking after work on Thursday. But either way, I want to be there before noon on Friday. As we get a little closer I was going to post up some more/better maps as far as how to get there. My plan is to make it easy for people who want to arrive late Friday night.

Quote:
No worries, there is definitely something for you on this ride. The overall plan is for noobs to get out and explore backroads on their dual sport/adventure bikes. It's just that the area offers so many options, that some fools, er, I mean folks, are interested in exploring some of the more rugged ones. I think we'll end up with a couple of groups, noobs doing some adventure riding, and the "veteran class" doing some dirt biking. I think it will be a good mix, and I'm even hoping to learn a little something from the "veteran class". I think we've got a couple of BMW's, an Aprilia, and maybe some KLR's, so I don't think your bike will be out of place at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
I'm with ya, man. Don't worry, there are tons of roads we can explore on the big bikes. I'd like to try some challenging trails, but no rock climbing for the Aprilia.

I think we're coming out Friday, but will be in kinda late. We'll be leaving Sonora after work, so maybe 8:30 or 9:00.
See? What he said.

MV

Hesaid screwed with this post 07-04-2014 at 04:15 PM
Hesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #116
Hesaid OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,158
Ok, I added a bit of info to the first post, including some links to maps of ideas for rides. Go check it out and let me know what you think. I'd also like to hear the plans from the "veteran class" riders who plan on doing the Dusy-Ershim. In the meanwhile, Happy Fourth of July!

MV
Old 07-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #117
paredaks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Shesaid and I are heading up on Friday, at least, that's the plan. Now she's talking after work on Thursday. But either way, I want to be there before noon on Friday. As we get a little closer I was going to post up some more/better maps as far as how to get there. My plan is to make it easy for people who want to arrive late Friday night.

No worries, there is definitely something for you on this ride. The overall plan is for noobs to get out and explore backroads on their dual sport/adventure bikes. It's just that the area offers so many options, that some fools, er, I mean folks, are interested in exploring some of the more rugged ones. I think we'll end up with a couple of groups, noobs doing some adventure riding, and the "veteran class" doing some dirt biking. I think it will be a good mix, and I'm even hoping to learn a little something from the "veteran class". I think we've got a couple of BMW's, an Aprilia, and maybe some KLR's, so I don't think your bike will be out of place at all.

See? What he said.

MV

Dig it. I'm pumped.
paredaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #118
01001010 01000011
AKA-JC

Oddometer: 323
Adrisley,
What time are you planning to pull out from Napa?
I am in Santa Rosa but would likely leave from
St.Helena after work, 3:30-4pm.
On a 09 KLR
01001010 01000011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM   #119
McKay
Studly Adventurer

Hesaid, is the base camp site now fixed? It still says optional in the first post.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:59 AM   #120
ADV_Riz
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 01000011 View Post
Adrisley,
What time are you planning to pull out from Napa?
I am in Santa Rosa but would likely leave from
St.Helena after work, 3:30-4pm.
On a 09 KLR
I hadn't decided yet, but I could roll out with you. We'd still make it before dark.