Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #136
Mike Yanagita
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogitate View Post
... his ability to win.
I could likely be wrong, but what if Mugello turns out to be the high water mark?

At this point, I imagine Yamaha will be waiting for a sign that he can win before re-signing Lorenzo, and if the slump persists maybe Espargaro will be brought in out of desperation.
Mike Yanagita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #137
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOTLACE View Post
Credit where credit is due....

Yup. He's done his one amazing thing for this 5 year increment.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:02 PM   #138
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,686

Old 06-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #139
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,248
^^ Those were nasty! Hopefully those guys are ok. Probably looked worse than they were but glad it wasn't me.
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #140
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I'm sure Ant West wishes every race was a wet one
Funnily enough in his post race chat he said he doesn't like the rain (but admitted he seems to do well in the wet).
I'm not a Lorenzo fan but I reckon he'll be back to something approaching his best soon enough (after the summer break would be my guess). It's far too early to write him off imho.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #141
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,547
JL dropping behind Dovi in the standings is still something I must admit I never saw coming. Even though Dovi has done well, he rides a friggin Ducati!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 PM   #142
farrington300
No wait....What?

Oddometer: 511
Agreed, i think Rossi was going to try the hail marry, if it would have worked (needed to be just a tab dryer at the start) he could have won. I admire his willingness to take a risk and give something a shot. Sometimes it works, sometimes he starts from the back of the grid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flars View Post
I think VR (almost) had the right idea about the tires at the start of the race. The full wets only worked for about three laps. With just a little more heat in the track, Rossi's set up would have worked and everyone would have been trying to chase him down. Everyone would have changed bikes (including VR) but Vale would have POSSIBLY had a decent lead after the swaps. Unfortunately, he found out on the warm up lap that the track was just a little too wet for the rear slick. You could see him saying 'faaack' when the rear kept trying to lead. The tires still tried to kill MM on his out lap after the swap...thank goodness for the long asphalt run off.
I found the TV work pretty poor this time. I guess they didn't have a clue which group to focus on in the motogp, so they kept bouncing around. Of course, they had a great pack to watch in moto3: eight bikes fighting for fourth place, with the positions changing every time they got to a corner That one high side looked like the guy stepped on a land mine. I thought he had gotten tboned it was so violent.
farrington300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:15 AM   #143
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

1st corner second lap. And he retains his lead in the Championship. That's different...

Pity he didn't get going again, could have provided even more entertainment.!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:54 AM   #144
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,925
I watched the replay of his crash several times - you have to admire the way he tried to hang on to the bike all the way to the end. I would trying to push the bike away from me like crazy.

Mind you, I did not like the way his foot was trapped under the bike - lucky he wasn't badly hurt.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #145
flars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
"...I did not like the way his foot was trapped under the bike ..."
Holding onto the bike was not too smart. He had already let go of the throttle, so if the bike was going to die, it was going to die.
Also, if I were he, I would be talking to the manufacturers of his leathers. That 'little' get off got all the way through the leather on the right side.
flars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #146
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,525
Quote:
Also, if I were he, I would be talking to the manufacturers of his leathers. That 'little' get off got all the way through the leather on the right side.
ee
Yeah well, Alpinestars is new to this whole "racing" thing.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #147
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,449
Quote:
"...I did not like the way his foot was trapped under the bike ..."
Holding onto the bike was not too smart. He had already let go of the throttle, so if the bike was going to die, it was going to die.

he's a racer, it's instinct to try to save it, if you don't understand, then your not a racer. also, the leathers are meant to protect one time and one time only, yes, they are leather, but the thickness varies regarding impact areas, they also have areas with no leather, simply a lycra type material, again, they are racers, not riding on the street.
and finally, a moto 3 bike weighs around 225 lbs, so it's not like a fully loaded 600 lb GS landing on your ankle. he was obviously not hurt, considering he jumped up and tried to get going again. That's racing, it's what these guys do.
When you start racing in the motogp series, you can show us how you would like everyone to crash.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #148
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Pah!! Leathers! Who needs em?

BOOTLACE screwed with this post 07-02-2014 at 09:42 PM
BOOTLACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:56 AM   #149
sTE610vE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,922
Got the chance to meet Jack Miller in Austin, he was friendly and you could sense what a great time he was having and his fire for racing. i'm rooting for the kid
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #150
flars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 341
"if you don't understand, then your not a racer"
I do understand, and apparently you don't. But none the less, my comment about the leather was tongue in cheek. Also, I know all about wanting to grab the bike if it is anywhere near you. BTDT. Got the torn up racing gloves to prove it.
And leathers are NOT meant to protect just one time. If the leather comes apart at the beginning of a slide or on the first bounce then the leathers are no good. You can get leather in a lot of thicknesses, and you can get them well made, or you can get them made by auntie Hannah on her Singer. His crew should look at the leathers and have adjustments made.
flars is offline   Reply With Quote